10 Common Digital Marketing Mistakes You’re Probably Making
Like most entrepreneurial business owners, you’re a go-getter who is all about pulling him or herself up by the bootstraps and getting it done. You know that with enough hard work, anything is possible, so why shouldn’t it be the same with your digital marketing? You take care of your business like it’s your baby because at the end of the day, well, it kind of is. So why are you trusting your VP’s niece’s boyfriend to do your online marketing?
At Blue Corona, we’re experts when it comes to the digital world—whether it’s organic search rankings, pay-per-click advertising, video marketing, social media, or anything else under the sun, we are here for you. You can trust us with your business because we don’t succeed unless you do. Our goals are intricately tied in with the goals of your business.
So read on, and do yourself – and your digital marketing – a favor. If you haven’t checked out our 5-step online marketing strategy that works, you probably should.
10 Digital Marketing Mistakes You’re Making
So where do we start? First things first, let’s take a look at what you’re probably doing wrong… let me know if any of this sounds familiar:
- You’re not tracking what you’re doing and therefore making stupid decisions. Track, test, tweak, repeat! #TTTR That’s our motto, and we’re sticking to it. We track it all: phone lines, phone calls, leads by source, revenue attribution, website visits, lead to visit conversions, and so much more. You got it, we track. If you don’t got it, we’ll implement it and THEN track it. Data gives you the power to make informed decisions, rather than just taking wild shots in the dark.
- You’re not implementing contact forms on every page of your site. C’mon, man! Seriously, what are you doing? Today’s population wants to get in touch with you, and they want to do it conveniently over the internet. Let people touch base with you through contact forms, then you can get back to them in a timely fashion.
- You’re being totally anti-social—update that Facebook page for frick’s sake! It’s called “social” media for a reason. If your last FB post is from 2014 when you set up your page, you’re definitely doing it wrong.
- You’re not setting goals and therefore making stupid decisions. How do you know where you’re going if you don’t have a destination in mind? It’s great to say that you want to “do better” in 2016, but how does that really help you if you don’t know where you’re starting and where you’re going?
- OR you’re setting completely unrealistic goals. Shooting for the stars is great—as Michelangelo said, “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” BUT if you’re shooting for Neptune when you can only handle Mars, you need to get realistic with your goals. Understand what your capacity is and if you’re able to handle aggressive growth and if that’s even a possibility for your company.
- You’re using stock content—and trust me, your clients can tell. Seriously, stop doing this. When you can take a section of your content and paste it into google, only to have hundreds of other website pop up with the same content, you’ve got 99 problems and stock content is probably causing all of them.
- You’re not optimized for mobile. I don’t even have a snappy comment about this. I’m just sad for you. Users are increasingly searching for services on their mobile phones—when you’re not optimized for mobile, you’re basically taking those potential customers and placing them directly in the garbage.
- You’re not using email marketing—and if you are, you’re probably screwing it up. Email marketing has to walk the fine line of reminding potential customers that you exist and annoying the bajeezus out of everyone—what side of the line do you fall on? And how can you make sure your email blast isn’t ending up directly in the circular file?
- You’re letting someone unqualified run your PPC campaign, and they’re probably screwing it up. No, but seriously. Pay-per-click can be a great addition to your digital marketing campaign, but if you’re not continually optimizing it, tracking it, testing it, and tweaking it, then you’re wasting your time and your money.
- You’re not using a reputable digital marketing company. Just because your cousin Skylar has a degree in IT and follows Google on Twitter does NOT make him an expert in SEO. If the company you’re using guarantees results by tomorrow, 10,000 quality backlinks by next Tuesday, and offers prices that could rival a taco stand, you should run. Fast. In the opposite direction.
At Blue Corona, we may not be experts at everything—our fantasy football league is always a complete mess—but we are experts at digital marketing. And when it comes to your time, energy, and money why would you settle for anything less than the best?
Find out how Blue Corona can help you by contacting us online!
About The Author: Michelle is a content marketing specialist at Blue Corona. The most important thing you need to know about her is that she knows all the words to the song "Wild, Wild West." And she has a German Shepherd named Koda.
View more blogs by Michelle Mergner
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis