- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Title Tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
Benefits of an SEO Assessment for Your HVAC Company
As a business owner, you’re constantly looking for new ways to bring in leads and sales—and an easy way to do this is to improve your organic rankings. (Ok, maybe it’s not easy per se, but it can be simplified with a through SEO assessment of your HVAC website.)
But with so many “free” options out there, is it really worth it to invest in an SEO audit from a reputable marketing company? Yes, and we promise we aren’t lying. Unlike the “free website analyses” you’ve probably been offered or received in the past, a comprehensive website audit takes an exhaustive look at every aspect of your HVAC website—as well as several of your competitors. With an SEO assessment, you’ll learn where you’re currently outperforming your competition and create a game plan to beat them in areas where your website is currently lacking.
Critical Components of Your HVAC SEO Audit
Every SEO company does a website assessment a bit differently—which is why it’s crucial you do your research before hiring a company to perform an SEO audit. Some companies will run your website through a program that provides a standard report, while others will take a deeper dive into the data to find out what it really means for you and your HVAC company. When you want an unparalleled look into your site’s performance, structure, and authority, you need to invest in a high quality SEO audit. Never trust an SEO audit that is missing these critical components of your website:
- Robots.txt – This is the file that is used to prevent search engine crawlers from crawling and indexing pages on your website that you want hidden from public view. A thorough technical SEO audit will first identify whether you have a robots.txt file and then review its contents to ensure that it is formatted properly.
- Sitemap – Your XML sitemap is a list of all the pages on a website that you want a search engine to index. Their purpose is to allow site owners to submit all existing pages on their website to search engines for indexing. Without an XML sitemap, you’re hurting the online presence of your HVAC company.
- Site errors – If you think of your website like a house, the code of your website is like the foundation and site errors are cracks in that foundation. They send signals to search engines that your site is not trustworthy and thus not worthy of being a premium listing spot.
- Page speed – When it comes to the Internet, people want information now. Google understands that and gives ranking incentives to sites that load faster. If your site speed is causing a poor user experience on your website, it is negatively impacting your rankings.
- Meta elements – If you are having your website audited, this is a vital component that should be included. It should discuss the length of your title tags and meta descriptions, keyword usage, whether they are unique, and their structure.
- Action plan – An audit should conclude with a clearly defined plan-of-action. Simply having a report compiled with no plan to implement necessary changes provides little value to your company.
Without these components, your website audit tells you nothing. (You think I’m kidding, I’m not.) These are some of the most critical elements of your site, and without proper analysis you could be missing out on opportunities that will enhance your online presence.
Benefits of an HVAC SEO Assessment
Stay Ahead of Your Competition
No one wants to be outranked on search engines by their biggest competitors. By hiring an SEO company to perform an assessment of your current SEO strategy, you can determine the areas where your competition is dominating. With this information, you can readjust your SEO strategy. For instance, you can see exactly where they are beating you—whether it’s site structure, content, or authority.
Find Opportunities for Big Wins
With an SEO audit, you can easily see your current SEO weaknesses and discover where you can improve. Whether you’re struggling to create unique title tags and meta descriptions for every page of your site or you’re dealing with sitemap trouble, an audit can point out your biggest areas for improvement.
Improve Your Search Engine Rankings
From a technical standpoint, you need to make sure the search engines can easily crawl, understand, and index your website. This involves things like improving your site speed, using a search-engine friendly site navigation menu, creating a well-structured XML sitemap, building a responsive site for mobile and tablet users, and more. With an SEO assessment, you can determine where your HVAC website is struggling, and by addressing the problems you can expect to see an increase in rankings—hopefully improving your first page rankings!
Create an Action Plan
A thorough SEO audit, like the ones we do at Blue Corona, will provide your HVAC company with a comprehensive SEO action plan. We understand that not all people understand SEO jargon like we do, which is why we lay out the reasoning for our suggestions and can assist you will making any website improvements.
Would Your HVAC Company Benefit From an SEO Audit?
Yes. If you own a heating and cooling company and want to dominate the search engine results, then you need an SEO audit. With it you will be able to pinpoint opportunities of improvement, often resulting in improved search engine rankings. Why wait?
If implemented, the recommendations from our SEO audit are guaranteed to measurably improve your organic rankings as well as the leads you receive from non-branded organic search terms. Contact an SEO expert at Blue Corona to learn more!
About The Author: Katie is a content marketing specialist at Blue Corona. Outside of content creation and SEO, Katie enjoys stuffing her face with nachos, online shopping, and binge-watching Netflix.
View more blogs by Katie Birkbeck