- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
As a business owner, do you ever wonder what could happen if you switched your marketing efforts from print to digital? Well, gather round, because it’s story time—and this is the true story of our client Sekas Homes’ exponential growth over a five-year span after making this exact change.
Why Switch from Print to Online Marketing?
Sekas Homes, a custom home builder in Northern Virginia, realized that a good portion of their potential clients were looking for their services online—but they weren’t ranking for the keywords related to those services. They were putting all of their marketing dollars towards print advertising, which resulted in a minimal online presence. Not surprisingly, this meant the company wasn’t receiving business from the web.
Though Sekas Homes had built a fantastic reputation in their service area, they realized there was a problem for out-of-town clients who were new to the area and unfamiliar with the company’s work and good standing in the community. That’s why the company decided to work with Blue Corona back in 2012—it was time for a much-needed marketing change. This change would include SEO and website design services. With a goal of increasing their online presence and driving more traffic to the site in order to capture more business leads, it was time to create a marketing strategy.
The Benefits of Content Marketing
In order to get Sekas Homes to show up in the search results for non-branded terms, the plan of action was to focus on content marketing, which is all about establishing relevance and authority through the creation of content—content that is designed to add value to prospective and current clients. Think about it: all consumers today have a library at their fingertips thanks to the convenience of the Internet and the easy access of laptops, smartphones, tablets, and more. It was time for Sekas Homes to use that to their advantage!
That meant adding volumes of custom home builder keyword-rich content to the company’s site. Additionally, the existing web content was fine-tuned and optimized while new content was built out, making sure all services and service areas were thoroughly covered across the site.
In addition to this, content marketing includes creating and promoting content such as:
- Guest blogs
- Social media updates
- Press releases
- Email newsletters
- White papers
- And more
These forms of media can help deliver content to your target audience in an easy and accessible way. However, not every business owner or marketing department has the capacity to produce quality content on a regular basis. The proper execution of a content marketing strategy can be instrumental in seeing later success.
The Results of Blue Corona’s Content Marketing Efforts
The results? Well, with a 79% increase in non-branded organic traffic from 2012 to 2016, the custom home builders have definitely seen some significant growth to their business.
In order to get Sekas Homes their desired results, the team at Blue Corona helped them re-approach the Web by adopting five simple rules:
- Track everything and make data-driven decisions
- Treat the website as a virtual sales rep
- Maximize online real estate—starting with search engine results
- Continually optimize visit-to-sale conversion rate
- Establish and promote company as THE authority in the industry
Sekas Homes found that the tracking services brought to light where their web traffic was coming from and helped the team at Blue Corona be productive in terms of marketing efforts. Additionally, by accurately tracking all of their marketing strategies, the company was able to not only eliminate their ineffective print advertising, but also quickly see their initial online marketing investment pay for itself.
What Could You Gain from Content Marketing?
We have found that content marketing:
- Allows you to boost the number of pages on your website. This lets you target more keywords, and helps you rank for more keywords. Since 90 percent of search engine users never move past the first page of results, ranking well for your most important keywords is critical for getting organic search traffic to your website.
- Helps encourage people to link to your website. Having high quality links from other online sources to your website can help search engines view YOU as an authority, allowing you to place higher in search engine results than equally relevant content on other sites.
- Is less expensive and more effective towards attracting the correct audience in comparison to more traditional forms of marketing. Think of it like this: traditional forms of advertising like television commercials, print advertisements, and Web ads all interrupt what your audience has set out to do, whether that’s watching a TV show or reading a magazine. Content marketing is effective because your audience is actively seeking your services through a web search.
If Sekas Homes’ content marketing success is any indication of what lies in store for businesses like yours, give the team at Blue Corona a call today at 800-250-2101!
About The Author:
Blue Corona is a data-driven online marketing company with offices in Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, N.C.
View more blogs by Blue Corona