- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Are you tired of getting outranked by the competition? It’s time to put a stop to that nonsense. Let’s get your contracting company on the first page of Google. I know, I know. I can see you rolling your eyes at me through the screen. You’ve tried countless times to do just that, and every time ended up with lackluster results. But this time something is different. Do you know what it is? You have Blue Corona by your side.
When it comes to marketing, placement is key. When marketing online, you want your contracting company to be featured as close to the viewer as possible. So, in order to be relevant on the Web, you need to be on page one of Google. The way to do that? Invest in search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click (PPC).
Read on to find out if your contracting company could benefit from these services!
SEO for Contractors
Any SEO expert will tell you that SEO is continuously changing, which means that organic search listings are changing as well. This means there are plenty of opportunities for you to dominate the search results by regularly updating and tweaking your contracting website. Here are several key ranking factors to keep in mind when performing SEO on your website:
- Crawl-ability: In order for search engines to crawl and understand what each webpage is about, you must ensure your content has correct code and structure. At Blue Corona, one of the first things we do is analyze a client’s website to ensure there are no code and structure issues.
- On-site Content: On-site content is the content associated directly on each webpage and is a huge factor in organic rankings. Some important SEO factors include title tags, meta descriptions, headings, and keywords. And it shouldn’t just be random content—create content that is valuable to your users. What types of questions do homeowners ask you? How can you show searchers that you are THE authority in the industry? You need to create high quality content.
- Off-site Content: Controlling your off-site content is trickier, but can be optimized. This is when credible sources link to pages on your website. This not only increases your brand awareness, but also increases your credibility as a website and company. There are several ways to increase your off-site SEO strategy including creating likable content, asking credible sources, and broken link building.
By understanding the SEO factors listed above, you should be able to dominate the search engine results pages (SERPs) with organic listings to your contracting website. Not sure where you stand? Get a free SEO analysis.
PPC for Contractors
Should you invest in pay per click (PPC) advertising as well? That depends. Do you want leads? Are you looking for quick results? And what are you willing to pay per lead? Many contractors choose to run pay per click campaigns because it’s an easier way to get more leads right away—if done right. (Read this blog that discusses why contractors should invest in both PPC and SEO!)
Don’t be fooled by the naysayers that claim nobody clicks on paid ads. It used to be that Google’s PPC ads were in a well-defined bright yellow box on the top right of the search engine results page. That yellow box has disappeared and been replaced with a tiny little icon that says “Ad.” This is Google’s way of getting more people to click on paid listings. (Most of the time, people who click on ads don’t even realize they’re doing so!)
If you’re not investing in PPC, you’re basically giving those clicks to your competitors. Don’t miss out on contracting leads—it’s time to start a PPC campaign!
Improve Your Contracting Company’s First Page Rankings
As a contractor, you want more leads. That’s a given. (That’s also why you’re here reading this blog.) And that’s why we’re here to tell you all of our online marketing secrets. When coming up with a strategy for world search engine domination, it’s important to keep these three factors in mind:
- Search engine real estate is extremely important—and sought after. By increasing the amount of times your company shows up on page one, you greatly improve the odds of a searcher clicking through to your company’s website. So, you need to determine how important ranking on the first page is for you, and then determine your investment level from there.
- Paid ads DO NOT significantly cannibalize traffic from organic listings (and vice versa). I know, I know. It’s hard to believe. But you need to think of the Web as real estate—you want to cost-effectively maximize as many listings on the first page of search results as possible. There is no better way to do that than by investing in both SEO and PPC for your contracting website.
- I know I said that investing in SEO and PPC can be effective, but proper set-up, management and tracking is critical to achieve maximum ROI. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could end up wasting your time—and money—on something that provides very little return on investment.
That’s where Blue Corona can help. One of the reasons you should be testing search engine marketing is that it is a zero sum game. In order for your contracting company to move up higher in a search engine results page, you must outrank a better optimized competitor. Along with PPC and SEO, there are a few other way you can maximize search engine real estate for your plumbing company, including:
- Microsites – If you own a contracting company but has one service that dominates the rest, it might be helpful for you to have a microsite that concentrates on your other important line of business. While microsites aren’t the solution for every company, we can help you decide if a multiple website approach could help you dominate the search results.
- Videos – While Google tends to display website listings in its organic search results, it’s always looking for ways to improve user experience—which means they’ve started to incorporate videos in the results. Fun fact: a video is 60 percent more likely to get ranked in a search result than a landing page on the same topic.
- Social Media – Many companies don’t think that social media will be beneficial to their plumbing company. But that’s not the case. Social media is a low cost way of maintaining top-of-mind awareness with your customers. If you’re interested in social media but don’t think you’ll have the time to properly maintain the account, Blue Corona can help.
Dominate the SERPs with PPC & SEO for Contractors
Placement is important. And getting your contracting company visible on the first page on Google should be one of your primary goals. Our SEO specialists have extensive experience helping contractors, like you, get more qualified traffic. But don’t take our word for it—see what our satisfied customers have to say!
If you’re ready for your contracting company to dominate the search engine results—while increasing your leads AND sales—contact Blue Corona to learn about our SEO and PPC services.
About The Author:
Katie is a content marketing specialist at Blue Corona. Outside of content creation and SEO, Katie enjoys stuffing her face with nachos, online shopping, and binge-watching Netflix.
View more blogs by Katie Birkbeck