Do Blogs Produce Qualified Leads?
Ask a teenager if they’ve ever read a blog. I bet they not only have read one, but most have probably blogged at least once in their lives, if not more. Now, as a business owner, have you read a blog? Again, the answer is probably yes—but have you ever written a blog, particularly one for your company? If not, you’re not alone. But, you could be missing out on more website traffic, increased leads—and most importantly—qualified leads. Blogging is a great way to establish your business as an industry authority and to gain qualified leads. Keep reading to find out why.
What Is the Purpose of a Business Blog?
There are two main purposes of a business blog—establishing your company as an industry authority and to increase qualified sales leads. However, to accomplish both of these goals, you must first consider other contributions a blog can add to your company:
- Better service for clients
- Client resource for industry news
- Client resource for industry trends
Benefits of Business Blogging
According to a study released by HubSpot, businesses that blog are more likely to be found and indexed by search engines and position themselves as an authority in their industry. Some of the benefits of business blogging include:
- 55 percent more website visitors – More visitors means a higher chance of qualified leads finding your website and choosing your company as their service provider!
- 97 percent more inbound links – Inbound links are hyperlinks from other websites referencing your company on their own website. A high number of trusted inbound links helps search engines recognize your company as an industry authority. And if search engines recognize you as authoritative, so will potential customers.
- 434 percent more indexed pages – Indexed pages are the webpages of your website search engines are able to find and store. A higher number of indexed pages means qualified leads are more likely to find your website, and more importantly, potentially use your services.
“So start blogging and blog your ass off.”
– Ben Landers, Blue Corona president and CEO.
Business Blogging Tips
Now that you’re convinced to start blogging for your company, what’s the next step? Consider blog length (ideally 700 to 1,000 words) and frequency, and include multiple places to convert a lead (phone number, contact form, etc.).
More tips about business blogging:
- Choose topics your customers need (and want) answered!
- Create an editorial calendar—and stick to it!
- Consider blog post length and other SEO factors.
- Blog for local audiences.
- Use analytics to track return on investment (ROI).
How Can Blue Corona Help My Company’s Blog?
Your competitors are blogging, so why shouldn’t you? At Blue Corona, we have a history of improving the quality of our clients’ blogs and websites, and ultimately, increasing the amount of qualified leads they receive. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
About The Author: Brandon works in Blue Corona's small business division, Rank First Local. Outside of SEO and analytics, Brandon’s interests include NBA and college basketball, tweeting, and playing with his dog Jax. Twitter: @doylestweet
View more blogs by Brandon Doyle
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis