- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Your kids are running around in their Halloween costumes, and there’s entirely too much candy in the office. But it’s not just the spookiest day of the year for small business owners. It’s also the perfect time to start planning your holiday marketing campaign.
The top 10 biggest online spending days in the U.S. occur from Halloween through Christmas—and it’s not just ecommerce businesses and retail stores that can benefit. The holidays can also give small business owners the opportunity to engage their local community, promote seasonal offers, and remind their target audience that with the upcoming New Year comes a fresh start—which makes it a great time to remodel your home or fix any issues within your house.
Get More Visits & Sales with Our Holiday Marketing Tips:
1. Plan out discount and free shipping offers in advance. The first thing prospective shoppers are thinking about during the holidays is special offers. If you deliver products, consider providing free delivery offers, and determine when and how long you want to promote them so you can share them before your competitors beat you to it.
2. Analyze your website data. The most successful campaigns involve tracking and analyzing data. Consider what worked in years past and what didn’t, and see what kind of strategies your competitors have used for ideas. Make sure you have tracking in place for this year’s data as well so you can tweak your strategies along the way and in future years.
3. Sending out email newsletters can help you accomplish more than one goal. First, wishing your clients happy holidays can be a great way to engage with your clients and put your business name in the heads of your previous clients once again. It can also help you connect with the local community by giving you an opportunity to show your involvement in holiday charities and events. Second, holiday email marketing can allow you to send out seasonal offers, whether you’re participating in Cyber Monday and Black Friday or offering a special all season long.
4. Write blogs designed to attract traffic from holiday searches. Some ideas to consider include blog posts detailing your seasonal promotions, as well as charities and events you’re participating in for the holidays, and any new products you’re promoting this season. You may also want to share seasonal tips and buying guides.
5. Make the most of social media! People are on the lookout for good deals during the holidays, and social media can be a great way to promote any discounts you’re offering on your products and services. It can also be a great way to share the holiday blogs you’ve been posting and to create user engagement.
6. Retargeting ads on Facebook and Google that are holiday themed are eye-catching and can draw users who have already visited your site back in to make a purchase.
7. Creating a pay-per-click (PPC) channel for holiday promotions can draw in clients who are looking for deals on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and for the holidays in general. Use strong calls-to-action that appeal to these heavy shopping days and provide incentives to visit your site and make a purchase, like “free shipping” or “50% off today only”!
8. Make sure your site is optimized for mobile users! IBM’s Seventh Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report estimates that around 43 percent of ecommerce site visits will come from mobile devices and 20 percent of sales. If users can’t access your site on their mobile devices, you’re missing out on traffic and sales!
Need Help with Your Holiday Marketing Campaign? Call Us!
Blue Corona can help you get your online holiday marketing campaign ready to go so you can get make the most of America’s biggest shopping days. We can provide you with a well optimized desktop and mobile site, a social media campaign, email newsletters, and everything else you need to get the most visits and sales possible from your online presence. Contact us today to see how we can help your small business!
About The Author: Blue Corona is a data-driven online marketing company with offices in Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, N.C.
View more blogs by Blue Corona