- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
10 Holiday Marketing Tips for Your Small Business
It’s that time of year again—your kids are practicing lines for this year’s Thanksgiving play, and there’s entirely too much candy in the office. But it’s not only time to plan out your Thanksgiving meal, it’s also time to launch your holiday marketing campaigns.
The top 10 biggest online spending days in the U.S. occur between Halloween and Christmas—and it’s not just ecommerce businesses and retail stores that can benefit. The holidays can also give small business owners the opportunity to engage their local community, promote seasonal offers, and remind their target audience that with the upcoming New Year comes a fresh start—which makes it a great time to remodel your home or fix any issues within your house.
If you’re not set with your holiday marketing campaigns, don’t worry—below we’ve detailed our top 10 holiday marketing tips and ideas that will get you through the season and off on a good start for next year.
Want help with your holiday marketing campaigns? Contact us by filling out the form below!
Get More Visits, Leads & Sales with Our Top 10 Holiday Marketing Tips:
1. Analyze Last Year’s Website Data
Before you jump in this year, analyze your website data. The most successful campaigns involve tracking and analyzing data. Consider what worked in years past and what didn’t, and see what kind of strategies your competitors have used for ideas. Make sure you have tracking in place for this year’s data as well so you can tweak your strategies along the way and in future years.
2. Write Seasonal Blogs—And Promote Them
Write blogs designed to attract traffic from holiday searches. Some ideas to consider include blog posts detailing your seasonal promotions, as well as charities and events you’re participating in for the holidays, and any new products you’re promoting this season. You may also want to share seasonal tips and buying guides.
Don’t just write them and forget them, however—amplify your content’s reach by promoting it via email marketing or social media.
Holiday Remodeling Blog Posts Ideas
- Remodeling Your Guest Room for the Holidays
- Christmas Decorations for Your New Master Suite
- Remodeling Trends for 2020
- Saving for Your Dream Kitchen
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals for Remodeling Your Home
- Remodeling Trends on Pinterest
- Increase Your Home’s Value with a Remodel in 2020
Holiday Plumbing Blog Posts Ideas
- Holiday Cooking Mistakes That Can Wreak Havoc on Your Plumbing System
- Avoiding Plumbing Problems This Christmas
- Emergency Plumbing Services on Holidays
- What Can I Put Down My Garbage Disposal?
- Save on Plumbing Repairs this Holiday Season
Holiday HVAC Blog Posts Ideas
- Preparing for a Polar Vortex in 2020
- Heating Tips for Holiday Parties
- Saving on HVAC Costs in 2020
- Is My Furnace Ready for Another Temperature Plunge?
- Emergency Heating Repair Services on Holidays
- Staying Warm This Thanksgiving
- Holiday HVAC Energy-Saving Tips
Holiday Electrician Blog Posts Ideas
- Safe Electrical Practices for Holiday Lights
- Dedicated Breakers for Holiday Lights & Decoration
- Holiday Lighting Dos & Don’ts
- Installing a Timer for Your Holiday Lights
- Why Do My Christmas Lights Keep Going Off?
Holiday Blog Post Ideas for Lawyers
- Shopping online? Avoid Identity Theft with These Tips
- Top Holiday Injuries—and How to Avoid them
- Navigating the Holidays During Divorce
- How Parents Can Fairly Divide Holiday Time with Children
- Tips to Avoid Burglaries Over the Holidays
Holiday Blog Post Ideas for Financial Services
- How to Save Money this Holiday Season
- 5 Budget-Friendly DIY Holiday Gift Ideas
- It’s Time to Set Financial Goals for Next Year
- Give Yourself the Gift of Being Debt-Free—Here’s How
Holiday Blog Post Ideas for Ecommerce
- Gift Guide for Moms
- Gift Guide for Him
- Gift Guide for [insert target audience here]
- 25 Under-the-Radar Gifts for Anyone
- How to Find that Perfect Gift for Anyone
3. Make the Most of Social Media
Make the most of social media! People are on the lookout for good deals during the holidays, and social media can be a great way to promote any discounts you’re offering on your products and services. It can also be a great way to share the holiday blogs you’ve been posting and to create user engagement.
4. Send Out Helpful Holiday Email Newsletters
Sending out email newsletters can help you accomplish more than one goal. First, wishing your clients happy holidays can be a great way to engage with your clients and put your business name in the heads of your previous clients once again. It can also help you connect with the local community by giving you an opportunity to show your involvement in holiday charities and events. Second, holiday email marketing can allow you to send out seasonal offers, whether you’re participating in Cyber Monday and Black Friday or offering a special all season long.
5. Plan Out Discounts and Free Shipping Offers in Advance
The first thing prospective shoppers are thinking about during the holidays is special offers. If you deliver products, consider providing free delivery offers, and determine when and how long you want to promote them so you can share them before your competitors beat you to it.
6. Use Remarketing and Retargeted Ads
Remarketing and retargeting ads that are holiday-themed are eye-catching and can draw users who have already visited your site back in to make a purchase.
There are TONS of reasons people don’t convert on their first visit, especially during the holidays:
- They’re busy with something else
- They want to do more research
- They aren’t convinced they need your services
- They didn’t see the solution they wanted
- They just spilled piping hot coffee into their lap
Remarketing to these people gives them a gentle nudge to remind them that, yes, you do have the solution they need.
7. Create Cohesive Holiday Ad Campaigns
Creating a pay per click (PPC) campaign for holiday promotions can draw in clients who are looking for deals on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and for the holidays in general. Use strong calls-to-action that appeal to these heavy shopping days and provide incentives to visit your site and make a purchase, like “free shipping” or “50% off today only”!
Here’s the caveat—all your ads should be cohesive:
Don’t forget to explore beyond PPC search ads—you have hundreds of ad options, from display to YouTube and beyond:
- Paid Search Campaigns
- Social Media Campaigns
- Google Ads Management
- Google Local Services Ads Management
- Bing Ads Management
- YouTube Advertising
- Display Ads Management
- Shopping Ads (Ecommerce) Management
- Nextdoor Advertising
8. Clean Up Your Website for Mobile Shoppers and Visitors
Make sure your site is optimized for mobile users! About 79% of smartphone users have made a purchase online using their mobile device in the last six months, and 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside of a physical store to either look up product reviews, compare prices or find alternative store locations. If your website doesn’t let customers do everything quickly and easily from a mobile device, you’re going to see it in your bottom line.
9. Create Holiday Offers and Landing Pages on Your Website
Your website is your #1 sales representative, so make sure it’s ready for the holidays by dedicating space for offers, specials, and products or services. If you’re open for business 24/7, that should be highlighted front and center on your website. Have specials or holding a giveaway? Set up a landing page so you can track what’s happening behind the scenes
10. Promote Holiday Giveaways and Community Involvement
‘Tis the season to give back, and your customers expect to see what you’re contributing to your community this holiday season. Be sure you’re capturing all internal efforts to give back, and communicating them to your audience via social media or email marketing. This includes:
- Toys for Tots
- Charity drives
- Canned food drives
- Volunteering at a soup kitchen or other for human services
- Holiday giveaways
- Community involvement
Need Help with Your Holiday Marketing Campaign? Call Us!
Blue Corona can help you get your online holiday marketing campaign ready to go so you can get make the most of America’s biggest shopping days. We can provide you with a well-optimized desktop and mobile site, a social media campaign, email newsletters, and everything else you need to get the most visits and sales possible from your online presence. Contact us today to see how we can help your small business!
About The Author: Blue Corona's Editorial Staff is determined to help you increase your leads and sales, optimize your marketing costs, and differentiate your brand by passing on our tribal knowledge. The team vigilantly stays on top of the latest in digital marketing, bringing you the top insights with expert commentary. Want to see something on our blog you haven't seen yet? Shoot us an email and our marketing team will get to work.
View more blogs by Blue Corona
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.