- What We Do
- Case Studies
How Remarketing Ads for Plumbers Work
Remarketing Ads: Stay Top of Mind with Previous Website Visitors
A surprising number—sometimes as high as 90%—of visitors on a plumber’s website don’t convert into a lead, meaning they never picked up the phone to call you and they didn’t fill out a form on your site.
As a plumber, did you know that you can continue to advertise to these previous website visitors up to 540 days after they visit your website using remarketing ads?
What Are Remarketing Ads?
Remarketing ads, also called “retargeting ads,” are the digital equivalent of stalking your customers online—in a friendly and appropriate way, of course.
Remarketing ads are a form of pay per click advertising for plumbers (PPC). This means your credit card is only charged when someone actually clicks on your ad—not when they see it. It’s the most commonly used type of remarketing, as it doesn’t require anything much more than installing the original pixel on your site and then setting the budget for your ads.
Real World Example
Since you’re reading this blog, I guarantee you’ve seen remarketing ads before, whether you know it or not. Here’s an example of how one owners of a local plumbing business (let’s call him Dave) might interact with remarketing ads:
- Dave needs a new truck because the lease on his current truck ends at the end of the year
- Dave has been eyeing a brand spanking new, matte black, tricked-out Ford F250 (because his plumbing company has been doing exceptionally well the past three years)
- Dave visits Ford.com and views pictures of his dream truck (he does this frequently)
- Dave continues to learn about the truck and its features on Ford.com
- After 5 minutes of browsing, Dave leaves Ford.com and heads to Facebook, where he now sees advertisements for the same truck
- Three days later, Dave sees another ad for the same truck, this time when he’s reading a story on ESPN.com
- Dave continues to see ads for his dream truck, seemingly at random to him, for another 6 months after across Facebook, Instagram, within mobile apps, and when browsing the web.
How Do Remarketing Ads for Plumbers Actually Work?
Remarketing ads are a form of pay per click advertising for plumbers (PPC). That means you only pay when someone actually clicks on your ads—not whenever they see them.
Remarketing Ads, Pixels & Cookies (Oh My!)
Remarketing works due to something called a “pixel.” It’s a small piece of code on your site that is unnoticeable to visitors and doesn’t affect your site’s performance.
Whenever someone visits your site, the pixel releases an anonymous “cookie” into the visitor’s browser. Once someone is cookied, you can serve remarketing ads to them.
The cookie then follows your previous site visitors around the web, and they will see your ads as they surf different websites, social media platforms, and mobile apps.
What Are the Benefits of Remarketing Ads?
Staying Top of Mind
Remarketing is a great way to advertise your products and services to people who are already familiar with your company.
If they don’t need you today, they may need you tomorrow, and remarketing ads for plumbers are a great way to stay top of mind with interested customers and a friendly reminder to give you a call.
Increase Website Conversions (and Leads)
Customers who see remarketing ads are 70% more likely to convert on your website versus those who don’t. Research from WordStream found that the more times a user sees an ad, the higher the conversion rate.
By making sure you have a varied set of remarketing ads, you can continue to build your brand identity for current and future customers.
What Types of Remarketing Ads Do Plumbers Use?
There’s a whole lot of types of remarketing ads plumbers use. Here’s the most common:
- Video Remarketing (Google Ads) – Your ads are shown as pre-roll video ads on YouTube and other Google display partners to people that have previously visited your site.
- Search Remarketing (Google Ads) – Your ads are shown at the top of the search engine results when someone who has already visited your site searches for specific terms or services.
- Display Remarketing (Google Ads) – Your ads are shown as display ads on other websites within the Google Display Network.
- Dynamic Remarketing (Google Ads) – Boost your results with dynamic remarketing, which takes remarketing to the next level with ads that include products or services that people viewed on your website or app.
- Social Media Remarketing – You can use LinkedIn remarketing, Facebook remarketing, and Pinterest remarketing to serve ads to people who have visited your website while they browse those social media channels and partner websites.
- Customer List Remarketing – With both social media marketing and Google Ads remarketing, you can upload lists of contact information that your customers have given you. When those people are signed into Google or that specific social media site, you can show them ads across different websites or on that social platform.
Comprehensive Digital Marketing Solutions for Plumbers
Remarketing ads are just one component of a comprehensive internet marketing program. If you’re looking for a custom-built strategy that will increase leads and sales from the web, you’ve come to the right place.
Blue Corona is a full-service plumber marketing agency. We partner with plumbers across the United States, from large plumbing franchisors to independently owned and operated local plumbing businesses.
Contact us online to request a free marketing consultation!
You Might Also Be Interested In…
About The Author: Brandon is Blue Corona's Director of Marketing and oversees the company's growth initiatives. He is passionate about growing Blue Corona's brand in the home services marketing space and contributing to the companies growth. Outside of work, Brandon enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter at any of Charlotte's local breweries and completing DIY home improvement projects.
View more blogs by Brandon Doyle
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.