Using Online Feedback Tools to Improve Your Site
I get far too excited when I’m working on Blue Corona’s website and the little “Did you find what you were looking for?” Qualaroo Insights (the online feedback tool we use on our website) box pops up. Why? Because I know my boss—Big Ben Landers—reads every single submission and this is the perfect time to mess with him:
I’m sorry, but nobody should get that tan without the assistance of a tanning salon. I’m convinced the lights in his office are actually tanning bed bulbs.
Back to the point—at Blue Corona, we use Qualaroo to improve our site as well as our customers’ online experience. Of course if we squeeze out an extra online conversion or two, we won’t hate it.
Qualaroo is just one example of the many online feedback tools you can use to gain valuable visitor feedback and insights. If you’re not using an online feedback tool like Qualaroo, you’re missing out! Here’s why:
The Benefits of Using Online Feedback Tools
There are more benefits to using online feedback tools than just messing with your boss and receiving the occasional hilarious response (keep reading—those come at the end of the post!). At Blue Corona, we’re all about taking a data driven approach to improve your marketing. We’d rather not trust our guts when it comes to something as important as marketing our or our clients’ businesses.
- Get valuable customer feedback – one of the questions we ask is “were you able to find the information you’re looking for?” It’s not flawless, but it’s a decent way of gauging what content of ours is well received and what is lacking.
- Improve your website – you might think your website and content are as great as dipping an Oreo in a jar of peanut butter, but it’s your customers who pay your bills. For example, someone commented that while they found the content they were looking for, the text was way too small.
- Learn what’s wrong with your marketing – by asking the right questions, you can figure out what’s preventing your visitors from converting into customers. Maybe they can’t find your phone number or address, maybe your text is too small, maybe your site is difficult to navigate, maybe you aren’t upfront about your pricing, etc.
- Increase conversions – with your new valuable customer feedback, you can track and test changes on your website to increase your conversions. For example, I could test increasing the font size on our website and see if that leads to increased conversions.
Why We Like Qualaroo
Like I mentioned above, there are a lot of online feedback tools to choose from, but there are several reasons why we like Qualaroo. For the record, they didn’t pay me to say nice things about them, I just like to play Haley Joel Osment on the occasion and pay it forward.
With Qualaroo, you can:
- Customize the response you want –checkboxes, open text fields, etc.
- Customize who can participate in the survey – new visitors, returning visitors, etc.
- Customize when the survey appears – immediately or delayed
- And more!
Our Favorite Qualaroo Responses
Now the moment you’ve all been waiting for–our favorite Qualaroo responses we’ve received so far.
Blue Corona—we double as a dating service, apparently:
Ironically, I hear Google has nap rooms for its employees. Maybe that’s what NAP citation really stands for:
Stahp et—you’re making us blush:
We don’t mind tagging your calls for you—maybe it’s the inner stalker in us:
Blue Corona—your #1 source for Internet marketing and useless information about ferrets:
If you ever end up finding one, let me know:
Do you like our funny Qualaroo responses? You might also be interested in our other casual Friday topics:
- The Wacky World of Comment Spam – a collection of the weirdest spam comments we’ve received over the years
- Why Would You Hashtag That? – truly terrible examples of poor hashtagging across the Web
- Unusual Search Queries We Find in Google Analytics – you guys search some weird things on Google…
- The Weird World of Stock Photography – these stock photos are the stuff of nightmares…
Have an idea for a casual Friday? Send us a tweet @BlueCorona.
About The Author: Lexie serves as Blue Corona's Content Marketing Manager. She's also the author of our soon-to-be famous, and someday to be written white paper, "Horse Hat SEO: Giddy-Up Your Google Rankings."
View more blogs by Lexie Bond
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis