Need a gift for your favorite online marketing nerd? Blue Corona has you covered. I’m pretty sure being a giant dork is a prerequisite for getting hired here, so I surveyed our team for the best Web-themed gift for that special four-eyed friend of yours.
1. Google Chrome handmade fleece pillow: On the last day of my previous job, my coworkers gave me a little advice for my new position at Blue Corona: stop using Internet Explorer. What can I say? Old habits die hard and crash frequently. If you haven’t been harassed to the point of being a Chrome user, Craftsquatch also makes pillows customized with the Gmail, Pinterest, Instagram, and Android logos, to name a few.
2. iRobot Ava 500 Video Collaboration Robot: The nice thing about working in the online marketing industry is the ability to work remotely. The iRobot Ava500 takes this to the next level. According to the product website, “iRobot Ava 500 brings together iRobot’s autonomous robotic mobility platform with the Cisco TelePresence EX Series personal system to deliver a new level of collaboration for office environments and other facilities.” Control it with your iPad and leave your pajama pants on—this sucker only records you from the waist up.
3. Ctrl Cut Bottle Opener: After a long day of SEO optimizations, programming, or PPC bids, we understand the desire to throw back a cold one. Or seven. Coping with alcohol is perfectly healthy, so encourage your favorite nerd to drown his or her Google penalty sorrows with this clever bottle opener. Just don’t drink at work, or your boss might get “Write drunk; Edit sober.” engraved on the back of your iPad Mini (not that this happened to me or anything).
4. Etip Gloves: Worried about not being able to check your Analytics profile while you’re on the ski slopes this holiday? Get yourself some Etip gloves. According to The North Face, you can, “Stay connected while you’re outside and on-the-go with our touch-screen compatible, four-way stretch fleece glove. Full palm conductivity allows you to use your touchscreen devices without removing your gloves and exposing your hands in cool conditions.”
5. HTML handmade wooden necklace: Accessorize your argyle sweaters, oxford shoes, and other nerd attire with the universal language of Web geeks—HTML.
6. Googlebot Earrings: While they might not be officially sanctioned by Google, we expect this is what a personified version of Google’s spider, crawler, Googlebot, or whatever you’d like to call it would look like. Just s’cute!!
8. Helvetica: What does it mean if you watch a documentary on a font and you actually like it? It means you’re probably going to go to prom with your cousin. And that you might be a Web nerd. Embrace it.
10. Beer Koozy: One last drinking-themed gift for the road.
Got more online marketing themed gift ideas? Tweet them to us @BlueCorona. If you want to mail me one of the above mentioned gifts, please send it to:
Blue Corona, Inc.
Attn: Lexie Bond
7595-G Rickenbacker Drive
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
About The Author: Lexie serves as Blue Corona's Content Marketing Manager. She's also the author of our soon-to-be famous, and someday to be written white paper, "Horse Hat SEO: Giddy-Up Your Google Rankings."
View more blogs by Lexie Bond
“This has by far been the best return on investment I’ve ever seen. This has opened up another door for revenue to come in. My website has turned into my best sales rep. The company markets itself! ”