Remodeler Marketing Tip: Use Zillow Digs
What’s beautiful about working for an online marketing company is that the industry is constantly changing. There’s always a new software to master, Google algorithm update to analyze and evaluate, off-site strategy to test, and more. And this week, the new thing is Zillow Digs. Some of you are probably thinking, “I still haven’t figured out the point of tweeting and now you’re telling me that there’s another site I’ve got to learn about and start using? Yeeeaaahhh, that’s not going to happen.”
Most of your competitors are going to feel that way too and therein lies the opportunity.
If you want to build an awesome remodeling business, it helps to have an authoritative presence online. When a new site—something like Zillow Digs—pops up, there’s an immediate marketing opportunity to jump in and become THE authority for your industry and your service area. What’s the value of being an authority? Think about the early bloggers. Many of them absolutely dominate the organic search rankings for their markets. The value they’ve gotten from being an early blogger is so great that it’s difficult to comprehend (yet, many business owners still don’t have a blog on their site).
Worst case scenario: Zillow Digs doesn’t take off and the time (and any money) you invested in it is wasted. But that’s not really true. Any time you test a new marketing strategy, you learn–as long as you track your efforts and set measurable goals. Look, no one said that doing this would be easy. In this blog post, I’m going to walk you through Zillow Digs and make the case that it’s worth testing. If you don’t have time to test it on your own, hire me and I’ll make my unpaid intern do it for you (Ben, can I have an unpaid intern?).
On a side note, you wanna know what’s not beautiful about working for an online marketing company?
(We may not be the best looking bunch, but we sure know what we’re doing when it comes to getting remodeling companies more leads from the Web.)
What Is Zillow Digs?
So, what exactly is Zillow Digs and why should you care about it? Zillow Digs is a Pinterest-like app by Zillow, the leading real estate and home-related information marketplace. According to a Zillow press release,
“Home improvement is a growing industry heavily driven by visual content and inspiration. With Zillow Digs, home shoppers and homeowners can find visual inspiration and, with patent-pending Digs Estimates for kitchens and bathrooms, can understand the real cost of remodeling projects by location.”
Users can browse Zillow by keyword, spaces (kitchen, bathroom, etc.), styles (rustic, modern, etc.), cost (budget, mid-range, luxury), or all four.
How Can Remodelers Get More Leads from the Web with Zillow Digs?
There are several big benefits to marketing your remodeling company on Zillow Digs. From an SEO standpoint, this is just another way to legitimately build links back to your website—boosting your website’s authority and consequently your rankings in search engine results.
In addition, you also have the potential to leech a lot of referral traffic—and qualified referral traffic at that. According to a recent Zillow survey,
“More than 80 percent of Zillow Digs’ users are actively working on or planning a home improvement project and nearly 70 percent are using Zillow Digs to collect ideas or get inspired. Also, nearly 60 percent plan to reference Digs Estimates during their next bathroom or kitchen remodel.”
This allows you to place your business in front of consumers at the exact moment of interest—and possibly even buying intent.
And finally, Zillow Digs gives you the opportunity to get leads directly from within the app—no hoop jumping necessary:
How to Set Up a Professional Zillow Digs Profile for Your Remodeling Company
If you’re interested in setting up a Zillow Digs profile for your remodeling company, here’s what you need to do:
- Head to Zillow Digs and click “Sign Up.” You’ll have to enter an email, password, and profile picture (I recommend using your company logo or sample project photo).
- Next, select the “My Zillow” tab in the upper right hand corner and select “Profile” followed by “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down to where it says “Would you like to join the Zillow Professional Directory?*” and choose “Yes.” You can now fill out your business information. (Make sure the phone number you use is the same as the ones you use on your other offsite profiles—this is important for optimizing your site for local searches.)
- Once your profile is well optimized with information about your remodeling company, head back to the main Digs site and select “My Digs” followed by “Create Board.” Here you’ll be able to create a board title to describe the type of images the board will contain (ex: Fireplace Ideas, Favorite Outdoor Spaces, ect.) as well as a board description.
- Next, click “Add an Image” followed by “Add from the Web.” Put in the URL of page on your website that features the image you want to “Dig.” Alternatively, you can upload a picture from your computer.
- Once you’ve uploaded a picture, you can specify what type of space it is (bathroom, garage, kitchen, etc.), what type of style it is (rustic, modern, etc.), the source URL (link building!), and the estimated cost of the pictured room.
- Click “Done.”
Get More Leads for Your Remodeling Company from the Web
Realistically, when you own a remodeling company, you don’t always have time to effectively build and track the optimal online marketing strategy for your business. That’s why when you’re ready to get more leads for your remodeling company from the Web, we’re ready to help. Contact us today to maximize your online real estate and increase the number of qualified leads you’re getting from the Web.
About The Author: Lexie serves as Blue Corona's Content Marketing Manager. She's also the author of our soon-to-be famous, and someday to be written white paper, "Horse Hat SEO: Giddy-Up Your Google Rankings."
View more blogs by Lexie Bond
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis