- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
“’Tis the season for highly-targeted Facebook ads. Fa la la la la la la la la.” That’s how the song goes, right? Well, that’s how you should approach this holiday season with your business. If you don’t have a social media ad strategy by now, you’re missing the boat, my friend.
The holidays are among the biggest times for customers and businesses to spend. So no matter what your business is, you need to have a plan.
Facebook Holiday Ad Cost
Facebook promotions are kind of like a baby PPC. You set a budget, and Facebook automatically bids you against other people competing for ads in your chosen demographics. Usually, you see a pretty decent return rate on your ad spend—good reach numbers at a reasonable cost per metric (CPM). However, during the holidays, things get a little trickier. More demand=less space=higher CPM. This year, some people expect CPMs to double the weeks of Black Friday and just prior to Christmas.
So with Facebook ads being more expensive, is it even worth it?
Why Facebook Holiday Ads Are Worth It
Facebook ads are worth it because of one main reason: they reach mobile devices better than just about any form of advertising, especially on Cyber Monday. If you want a truly diverse marketing effort to push your business in the last quarter of the year, you need to be advertising on social media—the real estate Facebook ads can capture is so vastly different than general SEO and PPC. Plus, part of the reason CPMs fly through the roof during the holidays is simple—people are looking to spend money during this time.
Making a Great Social Media Ad
Alright, let’s talk about what you need to have in your social media ad. A great social media ad for the holidays includes these things:
- A good deal or promotion. Since this time of year is much noisier than other parts of the year, if you’re not offering a great deal, you’re probably going to be glazed over. Everyone is trying to save money during the holidays.
- Great ad copy. It’s one thing to have a great deal, but if you can’t hook people in with your content, you’re going to see your conversion rate fall.
- A well-designed photo to accompany the ad. This is arguably the most important part. Generally, users focus their attention to pictures more than just plain text. If you don’t have something well-designed that stands out against all the clutter on a social media feed, you’re kind of screwing yourself over. I would argue that there’s no better time of the year to invest in design than around the holidays. To push your business, you have to attract users with good ads.
- A well-designed landing page. It’s one thing to hook people on social media, it’s an entirely different battle to get them to convert once they land on your website. If you don’t know the conversion rate of your website and aren’t working to tweak existing content to convert better, you’re shooting yourself in the foot. If you have the best social media ad in the world but a crappy landing page, you’re wasting your time and money.
Contact Blue Corona, the Social Media Ad Specialists
If you need help getting your social media promotions off the ground this holiday season, contact the experts at Blue Corona. Between our PPC experts and our social media specialists, we can make sure you have the best ads on Facebook and Twitter this season. Contact us today for a free social media audit!
About The Author: Blue Corona is a data-driven online marketing company with offices in Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, N.C.
View more blogs by Blue Corona