- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Digital marketing in the healthcare field is more important than ever. Urgent care is an immediate need, and 89 percent of consumers first turn to an online search engine when they’re looking to solve their healthcare queries.
If you don’t know how to grow your urgent care center with digital marketing, here are a few of the best ways to market your urgent care business in order to grow your center and attract more patients.
1. Make Your Urgent Care Website Mobile Friendly
How can I make my Urgent Care Center grow using mobile Website design?
Is your website optimized for mobile? It should be—62 percent of smartphone owners use their device to look up health information, and 82 percent of smartphone users use a search engine when looking for a local treatment center or health facility. Not only that, but according to Google, 77 percent of smartphone owners have used their smartphones to find local health services in the past six months, and 79 percent of them say they’re more likely to revisit and/or share a mobile site if it is easy to use.
If you want to grow your urgent care center, start with mobile. Begin optimizing your site for:
- Content – Check that the structured data on your desktop site and mobile site are consistent.
- Internal linking – Increase your opportunities to drive stronger conversions with user-friendly internal linking, presented in a mobile-friendly format.
- Page speed – Studies show that 40 percent of users will abandon your site if it takes three seconds or longer to load. Optimizing your desktop and mobile page speed is a best practice.
- Hosting – Having a high-powered server allows your site and its pages to be properly scanned, indexed, and then ranked to appear in Google’s search results.
As more people shift from desktop to mobile devices to find health services, users who have a negative experience on mobile are more likely to go somewhere else—research by Klein & Partners revealed that 11 percent of visitors to a hospital or health system say their website experience created new, negative feelings about that brand.
Basically, if your site isn’t geared up to be mobile-responsive after 2018, you’re missing out on a major opportunity to maximize your business growth.
2. Grow Your Urgent Care Center by Getting It On the Map
How can I make my Urgent Care Center stand out?
Have you ever tried driving somewhere new without a map or GPS? Unheard of! So why would you ask patients to find you without giving clear directions? And here’s the thing: when people need directions to your urgent care center, they will most likely use a “near me” search. Since 2015, “near me” searches for health-related services have more than doubled.
An estimated 71 percent of small business owners do their own digital marketing, instead of leaving it to experts (2017). Unfortunately, this means only a few businesses are following Google’s best practices to get on the front page of local listings and show up in the local pack.
If you aren’t showing up in local listings, patients can’t find you—and your urgent care center will suffer.
Google’s local pack refers to the top 3 local listings that appear when you enter a search for ”urgent care near me” or browse for local services. Making it into the local pack is crucial for driving awareness and organic clicks to your website and for beating out local competition.
To get in that local pack you need to create a compelling Google My Business profile. Building your GMB profile can grow your center’s perceived authority, improve its online visibility, and give people clear instructions on how to find and contact you.
We highly recommend that one of the first things you do after reading this is optimizing your urgent care center’s GMB listing. Specifically, check for:
- Your company’s categories (above, you can see it says “urgent care center” right below the average review rating. That’s a feature inside GMB, and it helps searchers find specific needs)
- Your main phone number
- Your company’s description
- Your hours of operation
- Your address or service area
Once you have set up your business profile on Google, there are a few other steps you can take to grow your presence and authority online. For example, you can select product categories on your Google+ page, which tells Google what to associate your business and services with, or you can add review schema to your site, which can help your site appear more prominently in search results and drive higher traffic.
3. Focus on Data-Driven Urgent Care Marketing Strategies
How do I Grow my Urgent Care Center?
What is the current patient perception of your company? Do you know if your intended growth rate is realistic? Are you using digital marketing correctly to capture your ideal customer segment?
Asking yourself these types of questions can be overwhelming at first, but it doesn’t have to be. At Blue Corona, we’re able to increase rankings, organic traffic, calls and web forms, as well as sales—all due to having a conscious, data-driven strategy.
- Put in the research – One of the single most disastrous digital marketing mistakes urgent care centers make is not using data to drive their decision-making. The right tools—such as Google Analytics—can help you to monitor the success of your digital marketing strategy and make changes appropriately.
- Adjust your current digital marketing plan – With data at your side, you will be better able to write data-driven content, optimize your site for conversion rates, and drive more web leads. Because SEO and digital marketing trends are constantly changing, it’s important to stay on your toes and observe what is working right now for you and your competitors.
- Prepare for the future – These days, it seems Google is always one step ahead with updated algorithms, new ranking factors, and improved methods to optimize your site and improve your digital marketing strategy. To prepare for the future of digital marketing for business growth, set aside time to develop a strong digital marketing plan that you are comfortable revisiting and adjusting continuously as new updates and insights develop.
Welcome to Urgent Care Marketing and Advertising in 2018
Digital marketing is a fickle beast, and you may never truly master it before it changes again. When it comes to growing your urgent care center through digital marketing, one of the best words of wisdom is to see it as a continuous, iterative process.
As you pay more attention to how patients find your center online, the quality of experiences they have while they browse your site on desktop or mobile, and what the data tells you, you will begin making better strategic decisions that can attract more patients in 2018.
For all your digital marketing questions, Blue Corona is your resource for navigating the waters of small business growth in the digital age. To learn more about digital marketing for your business today, drop us a line.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- HEALTHCARE MARKETING STRATEGY: 10 TRENDS DEFINING 2018 (AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM)
- MEDICAL SEO: HOW TO GET YOUR MEDICAL WEBSITE TO THE TOP OF GOOGLE
- URGENT CARE MARKETING SERVICES
- PAY PER CLICK ADVERTISING FOR THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY
- URGENT CARE WEBSITE TRAFFIC DROPS OVER 90% AFTER SWITCHING TO “CHEAP” SEO COMPANY
About The Author: Betsy is the social media lead and a digital marketing expert with Blue Corona. When she’s not managing Blue Corona's digital content campaigns she’s urban exploring, hiking with her dog, or teaching horseback riding lessons. Twitter: @educatedbets
View more blogs by Betsy McLeod