Should I Invest in Video Marketing for my Small Business?
As a business owner, you probably know that investing in online marketing strategies can help you become more visible on Google and other search engines.
Actually, let’s talk about those search engines for a moment. If I asked you what the largest search engine is, you’d probably guess correctly: Google. However, if I asked you what the second largest search engine is, I’d be willing to bet my paycheck you’d get it wrong. It’s not Bing. It’s not Yahoo. Running out of answers?
That’s right—the site on which you watch old sports highlights and the occasional cat video can play a HUGE role in your online real estate. No pressure, right?
Okay, there’s a little pressure—especially considering quality, professional videos tend to be harder to produce than blog posts and landing pages for your website. In other words, it’s time to hop on the online video marketing train before it leaves the station—and picks up your competitors along the way.
Why Is Online Video Marketing Important?
Still not sure if video can make a big difference for your small business? Check out the following:
- Half of consumers who watch online product videos say it helps them make more confident purchasing decisions.
- Studies show that web pages with videos have significantly higher average time on site than those without videos.
- Videos allow you to drive branding and build trust. They’re like a commercial—just cheaper!
After reading those stats, you’re probably ready to start filming, right? Don’t pull out your own camcorder just yet. A shaky iPhone video paired with poor audio just isn’t going to cut it. If you want to be an authority, your video needs to boast high quality both visually and audibly. After all, your video content will represent who you are as a brand and a company, so it’s imperative that it suits your company and makes you look great.
What Should You Include in Your Marketing Video?
Video allows your customers to interact with your brand and business, ultimately helping them feel more comfortable with you. This is critically important for local businesses—especially if you aren’t the only one of your kind in your service area. You may be wondering what your marketing video should include. Though it depends on your business and the goal of your video, we think the following elements can enhance your marketing video:
- Competitor differentiators. Tell your customer what makes YOU stand out from the rest.
- Guarantees. By showcasing your company guarantees, you may turn viewers into customers.
- Testimonials. Do you have a quote from a happy customer? Showcase it in your video!
- Company history. Tell the story of who you are. This allows you to both personalize your brand and create authenticity.
- Call to action. Tell your viewer what you’d like them to do next. Whether you include your phone number or a web address, it gives the viewer a clear next step.
Whether you’re creating a company profile video or a how-to video, all of the ideas above can help promote why your business is both trustworthy and an authority in your field.
In fact, we believe marketing videos are so valuable, our video department made a company profile video for Blue Corona. Check it out:
You can also check out our video portfolio to see some examples of our professionally shot and edited videos!
Professional Video Marketing Services for Small Businesses
It’s time to get started on your video. Blue Corona offers professional video marketing services for companies across the United States—that way, you can rest assured the final product will be a quality representation of your business.
In fact, when you sign up for video marketing services with the in-house video department at Blue Corona, our team will help you with all aspects of your company’s video creation, including:
- Professional video script copywriting
- On-site shot consultation, design, and filming
- High-quality video production and publication
- Video graphic creation
- Video SEO
- Creative flexibility
- The choice between project-based and recurring video projects
If you want to enhance your website with a professional business marketing video, get in touch with the team at Blue Corona. We can send you samples of videos we’ve created.
Let us tell your story—fill out a contact form today!
About The Author: Haley is a content marketing specialist at Blue Corona. Outside of SEO, she enjoys coaching high school swimming and playing with her dogs.
View more blogs by Haley Weaver
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis