- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Social media marketing is different from traditional marketing. For one, it’s cheaper. A carefully thought out social media strategy can reach thousands of people with just the click of a button. But as you’re creating your strategy and brainstorming ideas as to how your brand can reach its target market, it’s important to understand what consumers expect from brands using social media platforms.
Not on Facebook? You’re Doing Social Media Wrong!
- Over 60 percent of consumers over the age of 60 expect brands to use Facebook
- Over 70 percent of consumers between 45 – 60 years old expect brands to use Facebook
- Over 80 percent of consumers between 30 – 44 years old expect brands to use Facebook
- Over 90 percent of consumers between 18 – 29 years old expect brands to use Facebook
Provide Customer Support
Take the time to respond to customers on social media.
Unless you’re a large brand (e.g. Nike), chances are your company’s social media accounts may not have an overwhelming amount of customer interaction. So responding to customer inquiries, questions, or feedback when appropriate builds customer rapport and builds brand personality. Did you know that 51 percent of customers said that a response from a brand on social media gave them a more favorable view of the brand?
Actively Engage with Consumers
- 3% of consumers said they “don’t know” the influence social media had on purchasing decisions.
- 5% of consumers said social media had “a great deal of influence” on purchasing decisions.
- 30% of consumers said social media had “some influence” on purchasing decisions.
- 62% of consumers said social media had “no influence at all” on purchasing decisions.
- Consumers expect brands to actively use Facebook to post and engage with clients.
- Consumers expect brands to interact with customers in conversational tone
- Customers expect brands to provide customer service and/or support via social media
FREE Social Media Analysis
About The Author: Brandon works in Blue Corona's small business division, Rank First Local. Outside of SEO and analytics, Brandon’s interests include NBA and college basketball, tweeting, and playing with his dogs, Jax and Kona. Twitter: @doylestweet
View more blogs by Brandon Doyle