What Do Consumers Expect from Brands on Social Media
Social media marketing is different from traditional marketing. For one, it’s cheaper. A carefully thought out social media strategy can reach thousands of people with just the click of a button. But as you’re creating your strategy and brainstorming ideas as to how your brand can reach its target market, it’s important to understand what consumers expect from brands using social media platforms.
Not on Facebook? You’re Doing Social Media Wrong!
- Over 60 percent of consumers over the age of 60 expect brands to use Facebook
- Over 70 percent of consumers between 45 – 60 years old expect brands to use Facebook
- Over 80 percent of consumers between 30 – 44 years old expect brands to use Facebook
- Over 90 percent of consumers between 18 – 29 years old expect brands to use Facebook
Provide Customer Support
Take the time to respond to customers on social media.
Unless you’re a large brand (e.g. Nike), chances are your company’s social media accounts may not have an overwhelming amount of customer interaction. So responding to customer inquiries, questions, or feedback when appropriate builds customer rapport and builds brand personality. Did you know that 51 percent of customers said that a response from a brand on social media gave them a more favorable view of the brand?
Actively Engage with Consumers
- 3% of consumers said they “don’t know” the influence social media had on purchasing decisions.
- 5% of consumers said social media had “a great deal of influence” on purchasing decisions.
- 30% of consumers said social media had “some influence” on purchasing decisions.
- 62% of consumers said social media had “no influence at all” on purchasing decisions.
- Consumers expect brands to actively use Facebook to post and engage with clients.
- Consumers expect brands to interact with customers in conversational tone
- Customers expect brands to provide customer service and/or support via social media
FREE Social Media Analysis
About The Author: Brandon works in Blue Corona's small business division, Rank First Local. Outside of SEO and analytics, Brandon’s interests include NBA and college basketball, tweeting, and playing with his dog Jax. Twitter: @doylestweet
View more blogs by Brandon Doyle
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis