- What We Do
- Case Studies
Why Join Houzz?
7 Reasons to Use Houzz for Business
The online marketing game has changed tremendously—even in just the last two years. By now, you (most likely) know that the most effective digital marketing strategy includes more than just kick-ass website content. You need a presence offsite, particularly on social media platforms.
So your remodeling company now has awesome Facebook, Pinterest, and Google My Business profiles. Great! But you’re still missing out on a huge opportunity: Houzz. A must for professionals in the home building, remodeling, and landscape design industries, Houzz is a platform with millions of homeowners who can see remodelers’ profiles/images, ask questions, and connect with remodeling professionals. It’s kind of like a more niche version of Pinterest.
Why Should You Use Houzz for Your Business?
So aside from the fact that there are millions of users—over 40 million unique monthly users, to be exact—which is an amazing opportunity to get in front of your target audience (homeowners), there are plenty of other reasons to join Houzz:
- The principle of “do what everyone else is doing” isn’t always the most appropriate or fitting, but in the case of digital marketing, it can be (there is often a reason everyone is taking a particular action). There are more than a million active home remodeling professionals on Houzz. If you aren’t on this social media platform, you are missing a huge opportunity. Companies in your area (probably a lot of your competitors) are potentially capturing leads that could be yours.
- No matter who you talk to, they’ll say top spots in the search engine results pages is important. You can’t get leads and sales without traffic. And Houzz ideabooks and projects can rank organically. Not only that, but in terms of Houzz’ desktop traffic sources, nearly half is from search. This includes homeowners who are searching for the services/products you offer, in the market you serve!
- Average visit duration of Houzz visitors is nearly 4½ minutes, with about 8 pages viewed per visit. Another illustration that these users are engaged, which generally means they are more likely to convert (engage with your Houzz profile and maybe even click through to your website).
- You can communicate directly with homeowners on Houzz. Users on this site can browse your photos and they’ll often ask questions about design features in them—questions that you can answer. This is an easy way to build rapport with these homeowners (some of which are prospective clients!) and start increasing your authority. Plus, if you’re helpful (without being too salesy or pushy with your services/products), a consumer is likely to remember your name/brand down the road when they actually need your services.
- With a Houzz Pro+ profile, you can get interesting insights about your profile that can be used to enhance other online marketing strategies. For example, you can get data on how Houzz users are interacting with your profile and photos. Seeing which pictures are the most popular can also boost your onsite SEO efforts in the following way: If you find that one particular photo keeps getting clicked and added to users’ ideabooks, you can make it more prominent on your website to potentially help improve your conversion rate.
Honestly, I see no reason for you not to be on Houzz. Although Houzz Pro+ gives you more advanced options, there are a lot of benefits of just creating a free Houzz profile—6 of the 7 reasons I’ve outlined in this post aren’t specific to Houzz Pro+.
Get in touch with the Blue Corona team to learn more about our services—and check out our free Houzz guide!
You may also be interested in:
About The Author: Alanna is the Quality Assurance Manager in Blue Corona's Maryland office. When she's not triple-checking websites and content for errors and consistency, you can find her at the gym with her twin sister or urban exploring with her husband.
View more blogs by Alanna Hernandez
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.