- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Event Driven PPC Campaigns
See how this local roofing contractor nailed a 28% conversion rate with a hurricane specific PPC campaign!
In October 2012, the Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. area was declared a state of emergency after Hurricane Sandy hit hard all along the eastern seaboard—becoming the largest Atlantic hurricane on record. Hoping to help as quickly as possible for those suffering roofing, siding, and window damage, a local Virginia roofing contractor signed on with Blue Corona for a short Hurricane Sandy PPC campaign (what we consider an event-driven PPC campaign).
Although the campaign was originally budgeted at $1,000 for 30 days, the company decided to extend it an additional 20 days and $500 after receiving phenomenal results.
Most PPC strategies revolve around bidding for the top position. In this case, none of our client’s ads were in the top position—but we achieved a high conversion rate due to ads well-tailored to storm and hurricane damage repair.
Highly Specific Landing Page
Most companies know that landing pages specific to your ad convert better than a homepage. For our client, we used a highly specific siding repair landing page, resulting in an astounding 8.99% conversion rate for its siding repair ads as compared to the more standard 2% PPC conversion rate.
The landing page featured a well-written call to action above the fold, as well as unique siding repair content below the fold. Because of its highly specific landing page, the siding repair ad achieved a 10/10 quality score from AdWords.
Above-Average Phone Call Conversion Rate
When it comes to getting leads from the Internet, most companies prefer phone call leads to Web form leads—as this gives them the opportunity to close the sale as soon as possible.
Usually, companies can expect a third of their PPC leads to come in through the phones. We like to see a number close to 50%. In this case, our client received 63 total leads from the campaign, with 42 of them being phone leads. That’s an amazing 67% of phone calls that converted into leads!
Sign Up for PPC Services
Event driven PPC campaigns are ideal for any event that triggers an increased demand for your products or services. Some of them we’ve dealt with specifically include:
- Storms and Natural Disasters: Blue Corona has a lot of clients in the home services industry, so when hurricanes and other natural disasters occur, we often run storm-specific PPC campaigns for a variety of clients. These clients range from restoration companies who offer water damage repair to home improvement contractors who will fix your roofing and siding to chimney companies who will install a new chimney.
- Heat Waves: For bottled water companies, there’s always an increase in searches for bottled water during heat waves. An event driven PPC campaign can help these companies pick up extra leads.
- Power Outages: For power outages, our bottled water clients once again see an increase in searches for bottled water, as well as our clients who offer generators.
- New Laws and Legislation: Law firms will often take up event driven PPC campaigns when new laws or legislation are passed.
- Holidays: Our ecommerce clients love the holidays for short term PPC campaigns.
So if you need PPC services, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re looking for something short term or long term, our PPC management process is hard to beat. For clients using for PPC management, we handle it all – from keyword discovery to bid management; from ad copy creation to ad split testing; from pay per click call tracking to landing page optimization. We take care of everything and report the results to you monthly.
- Free Analysis