- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Medical SEO Services from the Top Healthcare SEO Company
Want more patients? Get them with medical SEO from THE healthcare SEO experts
If you want to acquire more patients, optimize marketing costs, and become THE medical authority in your market, your practice or treatment center needs to be front and center when and where consumers are searching for your services. Do it with SEO for medical practices.
The healthcare industry is changing. When it comes to finding a health practitioner or treatment center, 73% of patients turn to search engines. Since 55% of searchers click on one of the first three entries, if your hospital or treatment center isn’t in the top three, you’re losing patients to your competitors.
That’s where SEO comes in. But not just any SEO—SEO for medical practices is an entirely different beast than other industries. You need a medical internet marketing company that understands the ins and outs of the industry. We know:
- How to navigate through increasing regulations and comply with patient privacy practices
- How to develop long-lasting relationships with both patients and health practitioners
- How to best position your facility’s brand in your marketplace
If you want more patients while optimizing your marketing costs and increasing revenue, it’s time to see what Blue Corona can do for your practice or hospital. Ready to begin? It all starts by contacting us here >>
What's Included in Our Medical SEO Services
The best healthcare SEO companies (like Blue Corona) handle the day-to-day of monitoring and improving your online footprint, including making your website more visible in the search results and differentiating your brand across the web. We do this by following the process below.
1PERFORMING A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors in the search results using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform keyword research and identify the top patient-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZING WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your medical website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile-friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in-line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all medical website design elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your patients
3CREATING NEW MEDICAL WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted, well-written medical website content that improves your local search rankings and provides a seamless user experience
- Create SEO-optimized creative content assets like healthcare infographics and videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4MANAGING LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO FOR DENTISTS)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, and more, including industry-specific directories
- Optimize your hospital or treatment facility’s Google My Business page for your business address or service area, phone number, maps listing, and business hours
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS REPORTING
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
- And more
6TRACKING AND TWEAKING YOUR SEO CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top-three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in the medical and healthcare industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
So, you know you need SEO. Great! The first step is establishing a baseline for where your practice, hospital, or treatment center lies. Blue Corona has proprietary SEO software that allows us to create a free report that compares your online presence with those of your top competitors. In this report, you get a detailed analysis of EXACTLY where your medical practice stands against the competition and actionable steps to move forward.
You can sign up for your free analysis here, but if you want an immediate, rough gauge of how much work you need and where, pick the statements below that most accurately describe your situation:
Medical SEO KEYWORD RANKINGS
SEO was built on keywords. While keyword stuffing is an SEO tactic of the past, keywords still matter. By optimizing your content for your top-converting keywords, you have a better chance of ranking in search engines and being found.
- SEO Level 1: I either don’t know my healthcare industry keywords and rankings or I am not on page one or two for my top medical keywords
- SEO Level 2: I know my rankings, but I am not on page one for my top keywords
- SEO Level 3: I know my rankings and I am on the first page, but I am not in the top three positions for all my top keywords
CONTENT ON YOUR Medical WEBSITE
Content is king, and the best medical website designs have loads on loads of engaging, thoughtful, thorough content that readily answers users’ health questions. But not only do you need to have these pages, you also need to have the right title tags and meta descriptions, as well as images optimized for peak performance.
- SEO Level 1: My healthcare website has fewer than 50 pages of content, I don’t know how many words per page I have, or I don’t know if these pages have proper title tags and meta descriptions
- SEO Level 2: My healthcare website has 50 – 100 pages of content, but the content is thin, and I have some title tags and meta descriptions but they are not optimized
- SEO Level 3: My healthcare website has more than 100 pages of rich, thoughtful content and my title tags and meta descriptions are optimized to the best of my ability, but I do not have optimized images
TECHNICAL SEO & WEBSITE STRUCTURE
Here’s how technical SEO for medical practices works: Google uses robots to crawl website pages, looking for clues as to what it’s about. By adding in certain technical aspects, you’re helping the robots understand your page a bit better.
Think of it this way: Search engine robots speak a different language than we do—HTML. It’s like having someone who speaks Russian determine what a web page in English is about. The technical bits we add are written in a language the search engines understand. It’s like adding subtitles.
- Technical SEO Level 1: I don’t know if my facility or hospital’s website has a Robot.txt or an XML sitemap, I either don’t know my website speed or it takes longer than five seconds for my web pages to load, my website is either not mobile-friendly or doesn’t look great on mobile, my website is not secure, and I do not have advanced analytics tracking
- Technical SEO Level 2: I either don’t know if my facility’s website has a Robots.txt and XML sitemap or I only have one of them, my web pages load in under five seconds, my website is responsive or mobile-friendly, my website is secure, and I have analytics installed, but it is not optimized
- Technical SEO Level 3: My facility’s website has a Robots.txt and an XML sitemap, my web pages load in under three seconds, my website is mobile-first, my website is secure, and I have advanced analytics installed and am tracking goals
LOCAL SEO FOR Hospitals and treatment centers
Whether you have a large, multi-chain hospital or a small, local medical practice, 97% of consumers go online to find services local to them, and 82% of smartphone users use a search engine when looking for a local treatment center or health facility. For local searches, Google (and other search engines) tend to show the top three results in what’s called a local pack. If you’re not in the local pack when someone searches “doctor near me,” your competitors are getting the clicks.
- Local SEO Level 1: I have not claimed my Google My Business page, my name, address, and phone number (NAP) are inconsistent across the web, I do not have a Facebook page, I do not have medical schema installed, and I do not rank in the top three listings in the local pack when I search for “[your specialty] near me”
- Local SEO Level 2: I have claimed my Google My Business page but have not optimized it, my NAP is relatively consistent across the web, I have a Facebook page but post sporadically, I do not have medical schema installed, and I sometimes rank in the local pack for a few minor keywords
- Local SEO Level 3: I have claimed and optimized my Google My Business page and keep it updated regularly, my NAP is solid across all local online directories, I have a Facebook page and update it regularly, I have customized medical schema installed on all web pages, and I rank in the top three of the local pack for most of my top keywords
SEO for Medical Practices: How SEO Works to Increase Patient Count and Book More Appointments
To rank number one on Google and other search engines, you need to start with your website. Your website needs to be four things in order to rank high in the search engines:
- Fast – Patients need to see something happen on your website within three seconds of landing there. If it takes longer, almost 50% will hit the “back” button.
- Secure – This is a no-brainer for healthcare, but if for some reason your website isn’t secure, you’ve got a problem. Learn more about website security here >>
- Mobile-friendly – 62% of smartphone owners use their device to look up health information, and 82% of smartphone users use a search engine when looking for a local treatment center or health facility. Not only that, but according to Google, 77% of smartphone owners have used their smartphones to find local health services in the past six months, and 79% of them say they’re more likely to revisit and/or share a mobile site if it is easy to use.
- Coded for SEO – The best healthcare websites are coded in a way that makes it easy for the search engines’ software to find, crawl, and index them. This is called technical SEO.
Other than an optimized website, you also need onsite content (copy/text) that establishes your center or facility as an authority in the healthcare industry, and your offsite factors (e.g., links from other authoritative sites) must be optimized to reinforce your site’s authority.
Blue Corona offers doctors, hospitals, and treatment centers a turn-key SEO service to measurably improve the factors above. The end result, for many of our dentists and dental clients, is an exponential increase in website traffic, leads, and sales!
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every service Blue Corona provides. We market our clients’ businesses as if we owned them ourselves. In order to provide you with intelligent decisions about your advertising, marketing, SEO, and website, we must first evaluate your marketing in a manner similar to the way a great accountant would review your financials. Most SEO companies brag about rankings and traffic. Guess what? Neither of these metrics matters if you’re not seeing increases in profit, revenue, and new patients from organic searches (for terms other than your company name!).
SEO is a zero sum game which means that in order for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog websites that are currently perceived to be better optimized than your site. One of the most common questions doctors ask us is, “How much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the other medical practices in your area.
A typical SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from an owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other SEO company has)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational Improvements
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit process, the second step in the SEO process is to make any foundational improvements required to facilitate your ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google you need well-optimized onsite content; however, if your website is not coded and structured correctly, the search engines will never see the great content you create. If code and site structure issues are identified during the SEO audit process, you must be fixed before any content optimizations occur.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like revising your website’s title and meta tags, renaming various web pages, giving your website files a more logical structure, improving your website speed (load speed is a known ranking factor), enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content, and even recoding your website onto a content management system (CMS).
Step 3: Content Creation and Marketing
With the right foundation in place and the right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site gives you an opportunity to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
It might be helpful to think of your website as if it were a fishing boat, each page of content is like a baited line thrown into the Internet sea of fish. More lines in the water (pages on your website) equals more fish (visits, leads, and sales!)! The content of your website must be targeted to your top keywords, but it also must establish your company as THE authority for what you do in markets you do it.
Most doctors just don’t have time to create website copy. At the same time, the cookie-cutter healthcare copy provided by other “medical internet marketing experts” is NOT going to provide you long-term organic rankings. That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional copywriters (in-house, US-based employees that work directly for Blue Corona) that specialize in creating unique, original, relevant and authoritative content specifically for doctors and medical practices.
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite Factors
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web. Think of links from other authoritative websites (manufacturer’s pages, local chambers of commerce, or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal! Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them by creating unique and remarkable content—content that is truly valuable to your prospective customers!
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your hospital, treatment center, or medical practice grow with SEO! Contact one of our SEO specialists today!
Why Select Blue Corona Over Other Medical SEO Companies?
At Blue Corona, we try and let our clients speak for us. Take a look at our search engine optimization reviews and hear straight from them why we are the best SEO company for your needs. Above all, everything we do comes from the perspective of a business owner, and we treat your business like our own.
Let’s get down to the details. We can offer you a few guarantees other SEO companies can’t:
- You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts. We won’t handcuff you for a specific amount of time. Ever.
- You’ll own every single deliverable, from your website to your content. Some SEO companies won’t let you keep your work when you leave. Not us.
- You’ll optimize your marketing costs. Everything we do is tracked, measured, and analyzed for improvements. This lowers your costs and raises results.
- You get the peace of mind that we will bend over backward for you. SEO is a long-term investment, which is why we believe in building partnerships, not acquiring clients.
- You get a dedicated Account Manager to be your guide, as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated (US-based) copywriter.
- You get detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line.
Our Happy Clients
“I've been working with Blue Corona for over seven years, but before that, I was doing it all in-house. Blue Corona has impacted GAC in a way that has helped us grow in a turnkey manner. They care about your business and they're willing to work with you and really understand what your needs are as a business, and then develop a program to help you. I strongly recommend Blue Corona to any HVAC company out there.”
“Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“PVI Office Furniture Plus Mark Hill is the president of PVI Office Furniture Plus—the largest office furniture warehouse in Maryland. In PVI’s 22 years of business, Mark has advertised his new and used furniture offerings through mailed catalogs, cable TV commercials, and radio advertisements. It wasn’t until June 2013 that Mark decided to enlist Blue Corona’s help in using the Web to grow his business. The Problem PVI was doing no lead tracking, and their website was poorly optimized for...”
“McCormick Paints With 25 retail stores and six dealer locations throughout Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Delaware, McCormick Paints has been the preferred paint manufacturer and retailer of choice for architects and designers, painting contractors, commercial builders, residential builders, property managers, and homeowners in the Mid-Atlantic for over 50 years. The Problem McCormick Paints needed a website that would help showcase their product offers to their range of target audiences, including commercial builders, property managers, architects, and homeowners. In addition,...”
“Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center Mark Gandy is the sales manager at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center, a remodeling company in Delaware. Since 1963, the company has been winning over Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland homeowners over with their award winning kitchen designs and more. The Problem When Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center came to us in 2010, the company was focusing their marketing efforts on local print advertisements, magazines, and phone book, but couldn’t accurately determine their return...”
“Rory Coakley founded Coakley Realty in 1989 with his wife Nancy. Today, Coakley Realty, located in Rockville, Maryland, is a full service real estate firm specializing in appraisal work, tax appeals, commercial real estate sales and leasing as well as residential sales and property management. The Problem One of Coakley's lines of business was residential third-party property management. Rory was interested in growing this segment of his business and had to create a marketing plan to do so. To generate...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“Both the design of the website, and the later design of our mobile website, were extremely easy and professional. In the past I had problems with web designers not understanding how I wanted the site to look and respond. Working with Chase, there were none of these issues. He really listened to my requests, asked questions to make sure he understood what I was saying, and made many suggestions of ways to improve the site in ways that had never...”
“I used to get a couple form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“My husband and I have each been in the business world for at least 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never worked with a team of people as wonderful as Blue Corona's. We know virtually nothing of the SEO business and they have guided us through this in a most impressive way. Tara has been our main point of contact and I truly cannot say enough things about that amazing woman. It is due to Tara and her...”
- Free Analysis