- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
Small Business SEO Services
Get FOUND with SEO for Small Businesses
Tired of losing business to your competitors? You need more online visibility. About 97% of consumers go online to find local services, and 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. Once there, 55% of searchers click on one of the first three entries.
By optimizing your website for search engines, your business instantly becomes more visible to people searching for your services at the very minute they need you.
Blue Corona specializes in small business SEO, and with 10 years of experience working with small businesses just like yours, we KNOW what it takes for you to outrank your competitors—leading to an increase in leads and sales growth for a lower cost.
Our typical Small Business SEO Services Include:
- Performing a competitive SEO analysis and keyword research
- Optimizing technical SEO website aspects and existing on-site pages and content
- Creating new optimized pages for your services and products
- Streamlining and optimizing NAP citations and local SEO
- Creating and building out off-site factors like links, social media profiles, and directory listings
- Reporting on measurements and analytics that matter to your bottom line
Learn about our affordable SEO services for small businesses in more detail below, including our process, how to find out where your current SEO level stands, what you get when you sign on with us, and what makes us different than other SEO companies. Ready to get started? Contact us now, or check out our SEO case studies.
Our Process and What's Included in Our Small Business SEO Services
Small business SEO companies like Blue Corona handle the day-to-day of monitoring and improving your online footprint, including making your website more visible in the search results and differentiating your brand across the web. We do this by following the process below.
1PERFORM A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform local SEO keyword research and identify the top sales-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZE WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your small business website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile-friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATE NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted, well-written website content that improves your local search rankings and provides a seamless user experience
- Create SEO-optimized creative content assets like infographics and videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZE AND CREATE LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, YellowPages, and industry-specific directories
- Optimize your company’s Google My Business page for your business address or service area, phone number, maps listing, and business hours
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5REPORT ON MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
- And more
6TRACK AND TWEAK YOUR SEO CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in your industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
What Are the Advantages of SEO for Small Businesses
One of the biggest advantages of SEO for small businesses is the cost-effectiveness of it. If you’re looking to make a big impact on a smaller budget, SEO ranks as one of the best investments.
Other advantages of SEO for SMBs:
- Organic search equates to 95% of all web traffic. (SimilarWeb, 2016)
- The first position on Google search results has a 34.36% clickthrough rate for desktop and 35% for mobile. (Hubspot, 2018)
- 50% of visitors are more likely to click a result if the brand appears multiple times in search engine results. (Search Engine People, 2018)
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to only 1.7% for outbound leads such as print advertisements. (Search Engine People, 2018)
How Can Small Businesses Improve SEO?
There are more than 200 search engine ranking signals that determine where a page ranks on the search results page, but the ones that matter the most are:
- Secured sites (HTTPS vs. HTTP)
- Websites that are mobile friendly
- Schema markup (not a direct ranking symbol but necessary for rich snippets)
- Webpage content quality
- Webpage content length
- Optimized title tags and meta descriptions on all web pages
- Page speed
- Social signals
- Quality backlinks
- Optimized images
- Domain age
If you improve all of the above (like we do in every SEO service package), your website will jump up a few pages on the search results.
Should You Hire a Small Business SEO Company?
As a small business owner, you’ve got a budget—and you need to stick to it. But, if you’re like most small business owners, you probably don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns. Luckily, SEO has a high return on investment. To see if SEO services are right for you, see if you match any of the requirements below:
- You want to grow your business
- You currently don’t know how your website is contributing to your bottom line
- You want your company to be found in a newly expanded market area
- You want more people to call you than your competitors
- You want more leads
- You want more sales
- You want to differentiate your business in the marketplace
- You want to ensure your company’s future growth
- You want to outrank your competitors in the search results
How Long Does SEO Take?
We’re glad you asked! You can usually see some sort of SEO success by the end of three to six months, but for certain industries with highly competitive search terms it can take up to six months to a year to see a dramatic difference. Once you get the ball rolling, though, it’s hard to stop. Read more about how long SEO takes on our blog!
Our SEO Process in More Detail
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every service Blue Corona provides. To provide you with intelligent decisions about your SEO our first step is to evaluate your marketing the same way a great accountant would review your financials. We measure the metrics that matter–increases in profit, revenue, and booked jobs from organic keyword searches.
SEO is a zero-sum game which means that in order for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog other websites. One of the most common questions small business owners ask us is, “How much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the businesses in your marketplace (you CAN get a rough estimate by scrolling further down this page).
A typical SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from an owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other SEO company has)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational Improvements to your website
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit process, we then make foundational improvements required for ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google you not only need optimized content, but you also need your website to be coded and structured correctly. If we identify code and site structure issues during the SEO audit process, we fix those first.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like:
- Revising your website’s title tags and meta descriptions
- Making sure your website looks great on mobile devices
- Renaming various web pages to be more descriptive
- Giving your website files a more logical structure
- Improving your website speed (load speed is a known ranking factor)
- Enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content
- In some cases, recoding your website onto a better content management system (CMS)
Step 3: Content Creation and Small Business Marketing
With the right foundation in place and armed with the right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site gives you an opportunity to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
Most small business owners either hate creating website copy or don’t have the time for it. That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional, U.S.-based copywriters who specialize in creating unique, original, relevant, and authoritative content specifically for small businesses in all industries.
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite SEO Factors
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web. Think of links from other authoritative websites (affiliate websites, local chambers of commerce, or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal! Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them with great, linkable content!
What Is the Best SEO Investment for My Company?
Not sure where to start or how much SEO help you need? Let us do the legwork of finding out where your company stands. Blue Corona has proprietary SEO software that allows us to compare your online presence with those of your top competitors. In this free report, you get a detailed analysis of EXACTLY where you stand against the competition and actionable steps to move forward.
You can sign up for your free analysis here, but if you want an immediate, rough gauge of how much work you need and where, pick the statements below that most accurately describe your situation:
Small Business SEO Keyword Rankings
SEO was built on keywords. While keyword stuffing is an SEO tactic of the past, keywords still matter. By optimizing your content for your top-converting keywords, you have a better chance of ranking in search engines and being found.
- SEO Level 1: I either don’t know my keyword rankings, or I am not on page one or two for my top keywords
- SEO Level 2: I know my rankings, but I am not on page one for my top keywords
- SEO Level 3: I know my rankings, and I am on the first page, but I am not in the top three positions for all my top keywords
Content on your Small Business website
Content is king, and the best small business websites have loads on loads of engaging, thoughtful, thorough content. But not only do you need to have these pages, you also need to have the right title tags and meta descriptions, as well as images optimized for peak performance.
- SEO Level 1: I have fewer than 50 pages of content, I don’t know how many words per page I have, or I don’t know if these pages have proper title tags and meta descriptions
- SEO level 2: I have 50 – 100 pages of content, but the content is thin, and I have some title tags and meta descriptions, but they are not optimized
- SEO Level 3: I have more than 100 pages of rich, thoughtful content and my title tags and meta descriptions are optimized to the best of my ability, but I do not have optimized images
Technical SEO & Website Structure
Here’s how technical SEO for small businesses works: Google uses robots to crawl website pages, looking for clues as to what it’s about. By adding in certain technical aspects, you’re helping the robots understand your page a bit better.
Think of it this way: Search engine robots speak a different language than we do—HTML. It’s like having someone who speaks Russian determine what a web page in English is about. The technical bits we add are written in a language the search engines understand. It’s like adding subtitles.
- Technical SEO Level 1: I don’t know if I have a Robot.txt or an XML sitemap, I either don’t know my website speed, or it takes longer than five seconds for my web pages to load, my website is either not mobile-friendly or doesn’t look great on mobile, my website is not secure, and I do not have advanced analytics tracking
- Technical SEO Level 2: I either don’t know if I have a Robots.txt and XML sitemap or I only have one of them, my web pages load in under five seconds, my website is responsive or mobile-friendly, my website is secure, and I have analytics installed, but it is not optimized
- Technical SEO Level 3: I have a Robots.txt and an XML sitemap, my web pages load in under three seconds, my website is mobile-first, my website is secure, and I have advanced analytics installed and am tracking goals
Local SEO for Small Businesses
If you’re a small business, chance are you’re a local one, which means you need local SEO. For local searches, Google (and other search engines) tend to show the top three results in what’s called a local pack.
- Local SEO Level 1: I have not claimed my Google My Business page, my name, address, and phone number (NAP) are inconsistent across the web, I do not have a Facebook page, I do not have local schema for small businesses installed, and I do not rank in the top three listings in the local pack when I search for my top keywords
- Local SEO Level 2: I have claimed my Google My Business page but have not optimized it, my NAP is relatively consistent across the web, I have a Facebook page but post sporadically, I do not have schema installed, and I sometimes rank in the local pack for a few minor keywords
- Local SEO Level 3: I have claimed and optimized my Google My Business page and keep it updated regularly, my NAP is solid across all local online directories, I have a Facebook page and update it regularly, I have customized local business schema installed on all web pages, and I rank in the top three of the local pack for most of my top keywords
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your small business grow with SEO! Contact one of our SEO specialists today!
Not sure where to start with your website? Learn more about our small business website design and development services »
Why Choose Blue Corona Over Other SEO Companies?
At Blue Corona, we try and let our clients speak for us. Take a look at our SEO reviews from current and former clients to hear straight from them why we are the best internet marketing company for your small business. Everything we do comes from the perspective of a business owner, and we treat your business like our own. What does that mean?
- You get a marketing partner specializes in small businesses and has proven success growing companies just like yours.
- You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts. We won’t handcuff you for a specific amount of time. Ever.
- You’ll own every single deliverable, from your website to your content. Some of our competitors won’t let you keep your work when you leave. Not us.
- You’ll optimize your marketing costs. Everything we do is tracked, measured, and analyzed for improvements. This lowers your costs and raises results.
- You get the peace of mind that we will bend over backward for you. SEO is a long-term investment, which is why we believe in building partnerships, not acquiring clients.
- You get a dedicated Account Manager to be your guide, as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated (US-based) copywriter.
- You get detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line.
Our Happy Clients
“I've been working with Blue Corona for over seven years, but before that, I was doing it all in-house. Blue Corona has impacted GAC in a way that has helped us grow in a turnkey manner. They care about your business and they're willing to work with you and really understand what your needs are as a business, and then develop a program to help you. I strongly recommend Blue Corona to any HVAC company out there.”
“Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“This has by far been the best return on investment I’ve ever seen. This has opened up another door for revenue to come in. My website has turned into my best sales rep. The company markets itself! My account manager presents all the information in a way that I can understand. She always takes my calls. She responds to my emails in a timely fashion. She helps me come up with new ideas. She is outstanding! Blue Corona provides results....”
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but also with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project.” With 25 retail stores and six dealer locations throughout...”
“We trust our support team at Blue Corona completely and quite frankly are involved in very little of what they do for us. They truly understand SEO and what is needed to make it work. I would say this has been the most valuable aspect of working with Blue Corona. They do so with little to no effort on our part, which allows our sales managers to focus on sales rather than SEO tasks and education. For all of these...”
“"Blue Corona measures and tracks my website and all my advertising so I know exactly what is working and what needs to be re-evaluated. They break down the data into actionable insights and clear takeaways. Before I hired them, I was getting 3 property management leads per month. Today, as a direct result of their SEO work and pay-per-click expertise, I receive over 25 leads per month and my cost per lead has actually gone down!" Rory Coakley founded Coakley Realty...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“Both the design of the website, and the later design of our mobile website, were extremely easy and professional. In the past I had problems with web designers not understanding how I wanted the site to look and respond. Working with Chase, there were none of these issues. He really listened to my requests, asked questions to make sure he understood what I was saying, and made many suggestions of ways to improve the site in ways that had never...”
“I used to get a couple form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“My husband and I have each been in the business world for at least 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never worked with a team of people as wonderful as Blue Corona's. We know virtually nothing of the SEO business and they have guided us through this in a most impressive way. Tara has been our main point of contact and I truly cannot say enough things about that amazing woman. It is due to Tara and her...”
- Free Analysis