- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
Small Business SEO Services
Get FOUND with SEO for Small Businesses
Tired of losing business to your competitors? You need more online visibility. About 97% of consumers go online to find local services, and 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. Once there, 55% of searchers click on one of the first three entries.
By optimizing your website for search engines, your business instantly becomes more visible to people searching for your services at the very minute they need you.
Blue Corona specializes in small business SEO, and with 10 years of experience working with small businesses just like yours, we KNOW what it takes for you to outrank your competitors—leading to an increase in leads and sales growth for a lower cost.
Our typical Small Business SEO Services Include:
- Performing a competitive SEO analysis and keyword research
- Optimizing technical SEO website aspects and existing on-site pages and content
- Creating new optimized pages for your services and products
- Streamlining and optimizing NAP citations and local SEO
- Creating and building out off-site factors like links, social media profiles, and directory listings
- Reporting on measurements and analytics that matter to your bottom line
Learn about our affordable SEO services for small businesses in more detail below, including our process, how to find out where your current SEO level stands, what you get when you sign on with us, and what makes us different than other SEO companies. Ready to get started? Contact us now, or check out our SEO case studies.
Our Process and What's Included in Our Small Business SEO Services
Small business SEO companies like Blue Corona handle the day-to-day of monitoring and improving your online footprint, including making your website more visible in the search results and differentiating your brand across the web. We do this by following the process below.
1PERFORM A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform local SEO keyword research and identify the top sales-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZE WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your small business website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile-friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATE NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted, well-written website content that improves your local search rankings and provides a seamless user experience
- Create SEO-optimized creative content assets like infographics and videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZE AND CREATE LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, YellowPages, and industry-specific directories
- Optimize your company’s Google My Business page for your business address or service area, phone number, maps listing, and business hours
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5REPORT ON MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
- And more
6TRACK AND TWEAK YOUR SEO CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in your industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
What Are the Advantages of SEO for Small Businesses?
One of the biggest advantages of SEO for small businesses is the cost-effectiveness of it. If you’re looking to make a big impact on a smaller budget, SEO ranks as one of the best investments.
Other advantages of SEO for SMBs:
- Organic search equates to 95% of all web traffic. (SimilarWeb, 2016)
- The first position on Google search results has a 34.36% clickthrough rate for desktop and 35% for mobile. (Hubspot, 2018)
- 50% of visitors are more likely to click a result if the brand appears multiple times in search engine results. (Search Engine People, 2018)
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to only 1.7% for outbound leads such as print advertisements. (Search Engine People, 2018)
How Can Small Businesses Improve SEO?
There are more than 200 search engine ranking signals that determine where a page ranks on the search results page, but the ones that matter the most are:
- Secured sites (HTTPS vs. HTTP)
- Websites that are mobile friendly
- Schema markup (not a direct ranking symbol but necessary for rich snippets)
- Webpage content quality
- Webpage content length
- Optimized title tags and meta descriptions on all web pages
- Page speed
- Social signals
- Quality backlinks
- Optimized images
- Domain age
If you improve all of the above (like we do in every SEO service package), your website will jump up a few pages on the search results.
Should You Hire a Small Business SEO Company?
As a small business owner, you’ve got a budget—and you need to stick to it. But, if you’re like most small business owners, you probably don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns. Luckily, SEO has a high return on investment. To see if SEO services are right for you, see if you match any of the requirements below:
- You want to grow your business
- You currently don’t know how your website is contributing to your bottom line
- You want your company to be found in a newly expanded market area
- You want more people to call you than your competitors
- You want more leads
- You want more sales
- You want to differentiate your business in the marketplace
- You want to ensure your company’s future growth
- You want to outrank your competitors in the search results
How Long Does SEO Take?
We’re glad you asked! You can usually see some sort of SEO success by the end of three to six months, but for certain industries with highly competitive search terms it can take up to six months to a year to see a dramatic difference. Once you get the ball rolling, though, it’s hard to stop. Read more about how long SEO takes on our blog!
Our SEO Process in More Detail
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every service Blue Corona provides. To provide you with intelligent decisions about your SEO our first step is to evaluate your marketing the same way a great accountant would review your financials. We measure the metrics that matter–increases in profit, revenue, and booked jobs from organic keyword searches.
SEO is a zero-sum game which means that in order for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog other websites. One of the most common questions small business owners ask us is, “How much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the businesses in your marketplace (you CAN get a rough estimate by scrolling further down this page).
A typical SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from an owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other SEO company has)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational Improvements to your website
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit process, we then make foundational improvements required for ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google you not only need optimized content, but you also need your website to be coded and structured correctly. If we identify code and site structure issues during the SEO audit process, we fix those first.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like:
- Revising your website’s title tags and meta descriptions
- Making sure your website looks great on mobile devices
- Renaming various web pages to be more descriptive
- Giving your website files a more logical structure
- Improving your website speed (load speed is a known ranking factor)
- Enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content
- In some cases, recoding your website onto a better content management system (CMS)
Step 3: Content Creation and Small Business Marketing
With the right foundation in place and armed with the right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site gives you an opportunity to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
Most small business owners either hate creating website copy or don’t have the time for it. That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional, U.S.-based copywriters who specialize in creating unique, original, relevant, and authoritative content specifically for small businesses in all industries.
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite SEO Factors
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web. Think of links from other authoritative websites (affiliate websites, local chambers of commerce, or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal! Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them with great, linkable content!
What Is the Best SEO Investment for My Company?
Not sure where to start or how much SEO help you need? Let us do the legwork of finding out where your company stands. Blue Corona has proprietary SEO software that allows us to compare your online presence with those of your top competitors. In this free report, you get a detailed analysis of EXACTLY where you stand against the competition and actionable steps to move forward.
You can sign up for your free analysis here, but if you want an immediate, rough gauge of how much work you need and where, pick the statements below that most accurately describe your situation:
Small Business SEO Keyword Rankings
SEO was built on keywords. While keyword stuffing is an SEO tactic of the past, keywords still matter. By optimizing your content for your top-converting keywords, you have a better chance of ranking in search engines and being found.
- SEO Level 1: I either don’t know my keyword rankings, or I am not on page one or two for my top keywords
- SEO Level 2: I know my rankings, but I am not on page one for my top keywords
- SEO Level 3: I know my rankings, and I am on the first page, but I am not in the top three positions for all my top keywords
Content on your Small Business website
Content is king, and the best small business websites have loads on loads of engaging, thoughtful, thorough content. But not only do you need to have these pages, you also need to have the right title tags and meta descriptions, as well as images optimized for peak performance.
- SEO Level 1: I have fewer than 50 pages of content, I don’t know how many words per page I have, or I don’t know if these pages have proper title tags and meta descriptions
- SEO level 2: I have 50 – 100 pages of content, but the content is thin, and I have some title tags and meta descriptions, but they are not optimized
- SEO Level 3: I have more than 100 pages of rich, thoughtful content and my title tags and meta descriptions are optimized to the best of my ability, but I do not have optimized images
Technical SEO & Website Structure
Here’s how technical SEO for small businesses works: Google uses robots to crawl website pages, looking for clues as to what it’s about. By adding in certain technical aspects, you’re helping the robots understand your page a bit better.
Think of it this way: Search engine robots speak a different language than we do—HTML. It’s like having someone who speaks Russian determine what a web page in English is about. The technical bits we add are written in a language the search engines understand. It’s like adding subtitles.
- Technical SEO Level 1: I don’t know if I have a Robot.txt or an XML sitemap, I either don’t know my website speed, or it takes longer than five seconds for my web pages to load, my website is either not mobile-friendly or doesn’t look great on mobile, my website is not secure, and I do not have advanced analytics tracking
- Technical SEO Level 2: I either don’t know if I have a Robots.txt and XML sitemap or I only have one of them, my web pages load in under five seconds, my website is responsive or mobile-friendly, my website is secure, and I have analytics installed, but it is not optimized
- Technical SEO Level 3: I have a Robots.txt and an XML sitemap, my web pages load in under three seconds, my website is mobile-first, my website is secure, and I have advanced analytics installed and am tracking goals
Local SEO for Small Businesses
If you’re a small business, chance are you’re a local one, which means you need local SEO. For local searches, Google (and other search engines) tend to show the top three results in what’s called a local pack.
- Local SEO Level 1: I have not claimed my Google My Business page, my name, address, and phone number (NAP) are inconsistent across the web, I do not have a Facebook page, I do not have local schema for small businesses installed, and I do not rank in the top three listings in the local pack when I search for my top keywords
- Local SEO Level 2: I have claimed my Google My Business page but have not optimized it, my NAP is relatively consistent across the web, I have a Facebook page but post sporadically, I do not have schema installed, and I sometimes rank in the local pack for a few minor keywords
- Local SEO Level 3: I have claimed and optimized my Google My Business page and keep it updated regularly, my NAP is solid across all local online directories, I have a Facebook page and update it regularly, I have customized local business schema installed on all web pages, and I rank in the top three of the local pack for most of my top keywords
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your small business grow with SEO! Contact one of our SEO specialists today!
Not sure where to start with your website? Learn more about our small business website design and development services
Learn more about digital marketing for local businesses
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of editing and creating website content and code that ranks well on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. First, your website must be coded so search engines can find and crawl it. Your website also needs to be fast, secure, and mobile friendly. Second, you need web page after web page of unique, remarkable, and optimized content. Third, you must gain citations, links, and references from other relevant and authoritative websites.
What’s included in SEO services?
In all SEO packages, we include:
- A digital competitive analysis
- Website content and code optimization
- New website content and creatives
- Local citation optimization (local SEO)
- Measurement and analytics reporting
- Continual tracking and tweaking of your campaign
Should I hire an SEO company?
An SEO company handles the day-to-day tasks of monitoring your online presence so you can focus on other aspects of your business. If you don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns and then have the means to optimize accordingly, you need an SEO company.
How much do SEO services cost?
Blue Corona’s SEO process starts with a website audit – an ongoing SEO campaign may or may not follow (ongoing SEO occurs approximately 85% of the time). Website audits are customized for individual businesses, so the prices vary, but the typical range is $2,500 – $3,500 (audits for larger “enterprise” websites can be considerably more). Ongoing SEO ranges from consulting to “do it for me” SEO services where Blue Corona’s team acts like your own in-house SEO department (for a fraction of the cost of having your own SEO team). Ongoing SEO ranges from $2,000 per month on the low end to $10,000 (or more) per month on the high end. What should really matter is your return on marketing investment (ROMI). Sure, $5,000 per month may sound like a big investment for a local business, but if your ROMI turns into $50,000 per month, it’s worth the investment. A word of caution: you get what you pay for. If you sign up with a cheap SEO company that offers low monthly payments and includes a “free” website, you may be leasing a space on their proprietary platform, meaning you lose your website and all your work once you leave. Avoid outsourced or second-language SEO work.
How long does SEO take?
If you’ve got a good SEO partner, you can generally see results between 3-6 months, but certain industries with highly competitive keywords can take up to a year to see traction. Don’t give up, though—once you get going, your results will snowball.
How does Blue Corona track SEO success?
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Despite a million quotes which suggest that you can’t maximize your business success unless you track your results, most business owners and marketers are still not accurately tracking their advertising, marketing, website, or SEO. Most online marketing companies treat tracking and reporting as an afterthought—the last step. At Blue Corona, it’s the first step in every SEO engagement.
Is Blue Corona a certified Google Partner?
Why Choose Blue Corona Over Other SEO Companies?
At Blue Corona, we try and let our clients speak for us. Take a look at our SEO reviews from current and former clients to hear straight from them why we are the best internet marketing company for your small business. Everything we do comes from the perspective of a business owner, and we treat your business like our own. What does that mean?
- You get a marketing partner specializes in small businesses and has proven success growing companies just like yours.
- You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts. We won’t handcuff you for a specific amount of time. Ever.
- You’ll own every single deliverable, from your website to your content. Some of our competitors won’t let you keep your work when you leave. Not us.
- You’ll optimize your marketing costs. Everything we do is tracked, measured, and analyzed for improvements. This lowers your costs and raises results.
- You get the peace of mind that we will bend over backward for you. SEO is a long-term investment, which is why we believe in building partnerships, not acquiring clients.
- You get a dedicated Account Manager to be your guide, as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated (US-based) copywriter.
- You get detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line.
Our Happy Clients
"Blue Corona has been our marketing agency for over a year now. They have provided great services and strategies for accelerating our business growth. Most importantly, they are willing and able to adapt our marketing strategy to help us succeed in our industry. Our account manager has been awesome! She is and has been such an asset to Reliable Power Systems."
"Since working with Blue Corona our lead quality and profitability have skyrocketed! They give you advice on what is best for you rather what would line their own pockets. I have also been impressed by the quality of services (ad copy, amazing web design) and constant communication and tracking Blue Corona offers. Our account manager is truly a pleasure to work with. She is great at setting expectations and delivering results. I have worked with many marketing agencies and have...
"We have been partnering with Blue Corona for a couple of years now, and we are very pleased with the results. From the initial phase of learning our company's challenges and needs to the development of an effective online marketing strategy, working with the entire BC team has been a pleasure. The results have been tangible, and we're seeing an increase in leads and website visits across the board. One important asset BC brings to the table is their team's...
"I’m very happy with the progress of Blue Corona’s SEO and pay-per-click campaigns for my garage door business. Blue Corona has helped improve our online visibility and generate more leads."
"I've been with Blue Corona for over a year now. Hands down one of the best decisions I made for my business. The improvements they've made to my website, SEO, and general lead flow are so much better than previous companies I've worked with. One of the main reasons I chose them is they made decisions based on data and facts. Everything we do is measurable and they hold themselves accountable to the goals we collectively established. While all of...
"The switch to Blue Corona for our digital marketing needs was the best switch our team ever could have made. Our account manager is the best. She and her team are constantly staying a step ahead of industry trends and keeping us informed of best practices for our brand. We have seen tremendous results in a short time since beginning our partnership with Blue Corona, and we look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with their phenomenal team."
"I work for an Ohio HVAC, plumbing, electric, and indoor air quality company. Blue Corona has been nothing but helpful. We've used their services for several years and never had any issues. They've helped us improve PPC, SEO, social media, Local Services ads, and anything in between. I would 100% recommend using their services."
"Blue Corona has proven to be an integral marketing partner for our team. They handled our website revamp, as well as have continued to work with us to optimize our SEO, create campaigns, and evaluate our lead volume. Not only have we appreciated their professionalism, but we are so thankful for their assistance in facilitating our online growth."
"I've been a business owner for seven years and have spent a lot of money with numerous digital marketing companies. My experience with many of them has been akin to burning money. Working with Blue Corona has been the exact opposite experience--more like printing money than burning money. They created a really nice-looking website for my company and, month by month, they add new content, which drives more and more traffic. And of course, there is much more being done...
"Working with Blue Corona has been such a seamless process. They are efficient, creative, and extremely responsive. I have worked with numerous companies in the past and they are by far superior."
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.