- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
SEO for Remodelers
Want more leads and new customers? Do it with SEO for remodelers.
It’s not enough to JUST have a website. Go to Google and search “remodelers city, state” or, “home remodeling, city, state.” If you don’t see your remodeling company’s website listed on the first page, you’re losing business to other remodeling companies—47% of clicks go to the top three positions in the search engine results page, and 90% of all clicks happen on the first page.
Blue Corona can help. Our team of remodeling SEO experts has extensive experience helping remodelers and contractors get more qualified website traffic and convert more website visitors into leads and new customers.
If you own a remodeling company and you’re looking for a top SEO company to help take your business to the next level, you’ve come to the right place! Blue Corona is an award-winning SEO company with proven experience in the remodeling industry. Learn more about how we can help you generate a steady stream of qualified leads from organic search below, or contact us now to get started with an audit!
Remodeling SEO Strategies: What It Takes to Increase Leads and New Clients
Our process for remodeling SEO is similar to our approach to marketing for remodeling companies in general: TRACK > TEST > TWEAK > REPEAT. We get you the highest return on your investment by following the process below:
1PERFORMING A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform remodeling SEO keyword research and identify the top sales-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZING WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your remodeling company’s website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in-line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATING NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted, well-written website content that improves your local search rankings and provides a seamless user experience
- Create SEO-optimized creative content assets like remodeling infographics & videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZING AND CREATING LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List, and more, including industry-specific directories
- Optimize your remodeling company’s Google My Business page for your business address or service area, phone number, maps listing, and business hours
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS REPORTING
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
- And more
6TRACKING AND TWEAKING YOUR SEO CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top-three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in your industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
Each month, customers in the U.S. perform almost 1.9 million online searches for remodelers and renovation companies:
Considering more than 90% of searchers click on the first page of the search results, if your remodeling company isn’t on the first page for your target keywords, you’re losing business—guaranteed.
If you’re like most remodelers, you probably get 20 emails a day promising to rank your website #1 on Google. Like most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it typically is (after all—think about what your competitors promise your clients!)! With a million self-proclaimed “remodeling SEO experts,” it can be difficult to distinguish fact from fiction. At Blue Corona, we provide total transparency and services backed by tangible data.
We specialize in SEO for remodeling companies, which means we know more about the remodeling industry and remodeler SEO than virtually any other digital marketing company!
Three things are required if you want your website to rank above all the other remodeling companies:
- Your website code needs to be easy for search engines to find, read, index and rank. (Learn about our remodeler website development services)
- Your onsite content (copy/text) must establish your company as an authority in the home remodeling industry.
- Your offsite factors (ex. links from other authoritative sites) must be optimized to reinforce your site’s authority.
Blue Corona offers turnkey remodeler SEO services to measurably improve the three ranking factors above. The result, for many of our remodelers, is an exponential increase in website traffic, leads, and sales!
SEO for Remodeling Companies: Our Process in More Detail
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & Remodeling SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every remodeler marketing service Blue Corona provides. We market our clients’ businesses as if we owned them ourselves. To provide you with intelligent decisions about your advertising, marketing, SEO, and website, we must first evaluate your marketing the same way a great accountant would review your financials. Most SEO companies brag about rankings and traffic. Guess what? Neither of these metrics matters if you do not see increases in sales, revenue, and profit from organic searches (for terms other than your company name!).
SEO is a zero-sum game, which means that for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog remodeling websites which are currently perceived to be better optimized than your site. One of the most common questions remodelers and remodeling contractors ask us is, “how much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the other remodeling companies in your area.
A typical remodeler SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from the owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other remodeler SEO company has—it’s the only SEO software specially designed for the home services and remodeling industry!)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational, Technical SEO Improvements to Your Remodeling Website
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit, the second step in the SEO process is to make any foundational improvements required to facilitate your ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google, you need well-optimized onsite content; however, if your website is not coded and structured correctly, the search engines will never see the great content you create. If code and site structure issues are identified during the SEO audit and assessment process, you must be fixed before any content optimizations occur.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like revising your website’s title and meta tags, renaming various web pages, giving your website files a more logical structure, improving your site speed (load speed is a known ranking factor), enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content, and even recoding your website onto a content management system (CMS).
Step 3: Content Creation and Content Marketing for Remodelers
With the right foundation in place, and armed right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site allows you to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
It might be helpful to think of your website as if it were a fishing boat, each page of content is like a baited line thrown into the Internet sea of fish. More lines in the water (pages on your website) equals more fish (visits, leads, and sales!)! The content of your website must be targeted to your top keywords, but it also must establish your company as THE authority for what you do in markets you do it.
Most remodelers hate creating website copy! That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional U.S.-based copywriters who specialize in creating unique, original, relevant and authoritative content specifically for the remodeling industry.
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite Factors and Local SEO
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web, starting with your Google My Business page.
Most homeowners and property managers want a remodeler that’s local to the area. When consumers make geographically related searches like “remodeler near me” or “home renovation in [city, state],” Google and other search engines show what’s called the local pack (otherwise known as map listings):
To get in the local pack, you need a flawless Google My Business page. With our local SEO services, we’ll do it for you and make sure it’s continually up to date with the latest information.
OTHER OFFSITE FACTORS
A part of building authority offsite includes generating links back to your website. Think of links from other authoritative websites (manufacturer’s pages, local chambers of commerce or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal!
Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them by creating unique and remarkable content—content that is truly valuable to your prospective customers!
Ready to rank #1 on Google? It’s time to contact us about remodeling SEO services
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your remodeling company grow with SEO! Contact us today!
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of editing and creating website content and code that ranks well on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. First, your website must be coded so search engines can find and crawl it. Your website also needs to be fast, secure, and mobile friendly. Second, you need web page after web page of unique, remarkable, and optimized content. Third, you must gain citations, links, and references from other relevant and authoritative websites.
What’s included in SEO services?
In all SEO packages, we include:
- A digital competitive analysis
- Website content and code optimization
- New website content and creatives
- Local citation optimization (local SEO)
- Measurement and analytics reporting
- Continual tracking and tweaking of your campaign
Should I hire an SEO company?
An SEO company handles the day-to-day tasks of monitoring your online presence so you can focus on other aspects of your business. If you don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns and then have the means to optimize accordingly, you need an SEO company.
How much do SEO services cost?
Blue Corona’s SEO process starts with a website audit – an ongoing SEO campaign may or may not follow (ongoing SEO occurs approximately 85% of the time). Website audits are customized for individual businesses, so the prices vary, but the typical range is $2,500 – $3,500 (audits for larger “enterprise” websites can be considerably more). Ongoing SEO ranges from consulting to “do it for me” SEO services where Blue Corona’s team acts like your own in-house SEO department (for a fraction of the cost of having your own SEO team). Ongoing SEO ranges from $2,000 per month on the low end to $10,000 (or more) per month on the high end. What should really matter is your return on marketing investment (ROMI). Sure, $5,000 per month may sound like a big investment for a local business, but if your ROMI turns into $50,000 per month, it’s worth the investment. A word of caution: you get what you pay for. If you sign up with a cheap SEO company that offers low monthly payments and includes a “free” website, you may be leasing a space on their proprietary platform, meaning you lose your website and all your work once you leave. Avoid outsourced or second-language SEO work.
How long does SEO take?
If you’ve got a good SEO partner, you can generally see results between 3-6 months, but certain industries with highly competitive keywords can take up to a year to see traction. Don’t give up, though—once you get going, your results will snowball.
How does Blue Corona track SEO success?
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Despite a million quotes which suggest that you can’t maximize your business success unless you track your results, most business owners and marketers are still not accurately tracking their advertising, marketing, website, or SEO. Most online marketing companies treat tracking and reporting as an afterthought—the last step. At Blue Corona, it’s the first step in every SEO engagement.
Is Blue Corona a certified Google Partner?
What Makes Blue Corona Different
Unlike other SEO companies, we operate from the perspective of a business owner. We strive to provide superior service by offering the following to all our remodeler SEO clients:
- A dedicated Account Manager, someone that understands business and SEO, to be your guide
- Detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line
- A support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated professional copywriter
- Access to our proprietary analytics software(better data drives better results)
Our Happy Clients
“"Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“"This has by far been the best return on investment I’ve ever seen. This has opened up another door for revenue to come in. My website has turned into my best sales rep. The company markets itself!" My account manager presents all the information in a way that I can understand. She always takes my calls. She responds to my emails in a timely fashion. She helps me come up with new ideas. She is outstanding! Blue Corona provides results....”
“"We trust our support team at Blue Corona completely and quite frankly are involved in very little of what they do for us. They truly understand SEO and what is needed to make it work. I would say this has been the most valuable aspect of working with Blue Corona. They do so with little to no effort on our part, which allows our sales managers to focus on sales rather than SEO tasks and education. For all of these...”
“"Blue Corona measures and tracks my website and all my advertising so I know exactly what is working and what needs to be re-evaluated. They break down the data into actionable insights and clear takeaways. Before I hired them, I was getting 3 property management leads per month. Today, as a direct result of their SEO work and pay-per-click expertise, I receive over 25 leads per month and my cost per lead has actually gone down!" Rory Coakley founded Coakley...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“I used to get a couple of form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“Our phones are ringing more and our guys are busier ever since we signed up with Blue Corona to handle our marketing. We look forward to our monthly updates and are excited to see the numbers each month of how we are doing. It is especially nice to see now when we are experiencing a lot of pressure from our competitors to try and take our customers. It’s nice to take these amazing numbers to our manager and show him...”
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.