The Best Facebook Ads for Remodelers
When you think of Facebook, you probably picture a timeline full of political rants and baby photos. But have you thought about advertising your remodeling business on Facebook? Facebook ads are a fantastic way for remodelers to get potential customers’ attention, since there are so many homeowners scrolling aimlessly through their Facebook feeds at any given moment, and they’re totally ready to be inspired by a photo of a beautiful kitchen or bathroom remodel.
To put it simply: paid Facebook ads work for remodelers. The question we usually hear next is, “How?”
So many of the remodelers we work with come to us with a barely-there Facebook presence, so they find it hard to believe that Facebook can be a viable marketing opportunity for them. To be fair, most small businesses we work with don’t have a strategic social media plan—they post randomly, usually either too often or not often enough, and they don’t properly promote their posts—and in those cases, you’re right, that’s definitely not a viable marketing opportunity.
That being said, Facebook advertising is very different from simply posting on your company’s page once in a while. There are a few different kinds of Facebook ads your remodeling company can take out, depending what your objectives are. It’s important to pick the right kind of Facebook ads to fit your needs, since there are some Facebook ads out there that won’t be relevant to you as a remodeler. In the interest of saving time, I’m going to outline the kinds of Facebook ads that would work best for your industry.
Facebook Ads for Remodelers Who Want To…
Get More Website Visits in Your Service Area
To get more website visits in your service area, take out a Facebook Clicks to Website ad. These ads direct people to specific pages on your website instead of just taking them to your company’s Facebook page. If you decide to take out this type of ad, you’ll want to send people to one of the following pages on your website:
- Your Homepage – If you don’t have a lot of organic traffic to your website right now, either because it’s new or because your Local SEO isn’t so great, this is a great way to boost visitors in your location.
- A Product or Service Page – This is particularly helpful for remodelers looking to boost leads for a specific service. For instance, if you just started offering a particular type of countertops in your kitchen remodels, you could send your Clicks to Website ad right to your countertops product page.
- A Promotions Page – Have you ever bought something just because it was on sale, even though you didn’t really need it? Well, maybe someone wasn’t planning on remodeling their kitchen, but once they saw your beautiful Clicks to Website ad offering a discount on kitchen remodels this month, they visited the specials page on your site to learn more, then called to set up an appointment. Boom. That’s a lead.
Get More Website Conversions
When you’re creating a Facebook ad, Facebook gives you the option to add a snippet of code to your website’s HTML to figure out if the people who clicked your ad completed the task you wanted them to when they got there. You can use this code to see if people:
- View a key page
- Fill out a contact form
- Add an item to their shopping cart
- Complete a checkout
- Register for an event
- Sign up for an email newsletter
For remodelers, sometimes people don’t fill out a form on your website, but opt to call you on the phone. This is why call tracking is so important—so you know exactly how much of a return you’re getting on your ad spend!
Get More Facebook Business Page Likes
If you just created your company’s Facebook page, chances are it’s running a little low on likes. Getting people to like your page shouldn’t be your first priority when it comes to marketing your business (you should probably start by focusing on your website and making sure it’s optimized for conversions and search engines), but if you’re trying to complete with other remodelers who get thousands of likes on every post, take out a Page Likes Ad.
Get More Likes on Your Posts
If nobody is liking your Facebook posts, the first thing you should do is read this blog post explaining why. Basically, Facebook’s algorithm determines what content to display on users’ feeds so that they don’t get overwhelmed, because seeing every update from every person, business, and organization you follow would be a LOT of information.
A lot of business owners get confused, thinking that if they have 300 followers, all 300 of those followers will see when they post something on their business’s page. Realistically, unless you’re paying to promote your posts, only about 2% of your followers are going to see them. And obviously the other 98% can’t like what they don’t see!
To get more likes on your posts, take out a Page Post Engagement Ad to promote the following types of posts:
- Awards You’ve Won – Best of Houzz, Angie’s List, Super Service Award, whatever else you’ve won—it doesn’t matter what the award is, it just matters that you’re a winner!
- Recent Projects – I hope you took some good before and after pictures!
- Recent Blog Posts – You’re blogging on your website, right?
- Testimonials – If someone takes the time to leave a glowing review after working with you, show that sh*t off.
- Contests – An incredibly easy way to get engagement is to have a caption contest. Post a fun photo and ask your followers to come up with the best caption for it. Mail the winner something, like a t-shirt or hat with your company’s logo on it.
- ALL OF THEM – Seriously, invest in promoting all of your posts, or no one is going to see them or like them.
Free Social Media Analysis for Remodelers
If you’re still nervous about paid Facebook ads, or like other remodelers you simply don’t have the time to put effort into your Facebook strategy, contact us for a free social media analysis. Or you can check out these social media case studies to learn more. Or you can just contact the experts at Blue Corona to handle your internet marketing so that a) you don’t have to hire an employee to do it and b) you can focus on what you do best: running a remodeling company.
About The Author: Alicia is a content marketing specialist at Blue Corona. When she’s not writing spectacular content or boosting website traffic for small businesses, you can find her on her yoga mat… Or on her couch, binge watching a new series on Netflix.
View more blogs by Alicia Thomas
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project. ”
- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- title tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
- Free Analysis