- Case Studies
10+ Houzz Statistics Remodelers Should Know
Four years ago, if your remodeling company wasn’t on Houzz, I would have shrugged and said, “Understandable. Not every company is on every social media platform.” But today, I’d laugh and say “Why aren’t you on Houzz?”
A website and online community that connects homeowners and design professionals, Houzz is a must for professionals in the remodeling, design-build, and landscaping industries. If you’ve never heard of Houzz or are just on the fence about creating a profile, let me hit you with some data and a few facts you should know. It just might change your mind!
12 Must-See Houzz Stats & Facts
- It’s completely free to create a Houzz profile. There’s nothing to lose—it doesn’t cost you a penny! While there are more advanced options you have to pay for, a free Houzz profile can get you far. You’ll be able to engage with Houzz users, rank organically in the search engines, and more.
- There are 1.5M+ active home remodeling professionals on Houzz. More 1.5 million! If you aren’t on this social media platform, you are missing a huge opportunity. Imagine all the companies in your area (probably your least favorite competitors!) potentially capturing leads that could be yours.
- 90% of Houzz users are homeowners, and they use Houzz to renovate and decorate their homes from start to finish. Homeowners are the prime target audience of remodelers—and the large number of them on Houzz could be using your information (remembering your brand) or even your products.
- There are 40M+ monthly unique users on Houzz. That’s a lot. Again, if you aren’t taking advantage of this platform, all that potential is being handed to your competitors on a silver platter. To get leads and sales, you need to get in front of your target audience.
- In just a few minutes, you can create a free, customized Houzz site. To dominate in the search engines, you need to maximize your online real estate—and Houzz can help with this! Every Houzz professional can (easily) create a completely free custom Houzz microsite that has the potential to rank and drive traffic to your main Houzz profile (and website) and generate leads.
- There are 6M+ products on Houzz. You can actually sell your products on Houzz. Just another way to get in front of more consumers (most of whom are actively planning to decorate or redecorate their home)!
- There are 11M+ photos on Houzz. As an expert in the remodeling industry, you know how important beautiful photos are. If homeowners are seeing your competitors’ and not yours…well, I don’t think I need to spell it out for you.
- 72% of Houzz users are between 25 and 54 years old. Younger folks (in the 18 – 25 age range) are more likely to be renters and not your target audience. But older folks that fall within the age range of the majority of Houzz users are more qualified Houzz profile—and website—visitors.
- Top social networks sending traffic to Houzz are Pinterest (48%) and Facebook (40%). And we all know how much people love (and every day, browse on) Pinterest and Facebook!
- In terms of Houzz’ desktop traffic sources, 48% is from search, 25% is direct, and 14% is from referrals. Most is from search—this includes homeowners who are searching for the services/products you offer.
- Average visit duration of Houzz visitors is nearly 4½ minutes, with about 8 pages viewed per visit. Another illustration that these users are engaged, which generally means they are more likely to convert (engage with your Houzz profile and maybe even click through to your website).
- Houzz is mobile-friendly. Last but certainly not least, Houzz (like most websites nowadays) offers convenient options for mobile users. From their mobile app, users can share pictures, shop for products, find professionals, and ask questions/get advice. There is even a 3D imaging feature on the iOS app where homeowners can place a virtual furniture item or accessory in a room and see how it will look in the space.
Houzz is where many of your prospective clients are, so if you aren’t on this website yet, you are passing up a significant opportunity. Creating a Houzz profile and engaging with the Houzz community can help you rank and maximize your online real estate, increase brand awareness, and boost your authority in the remodeling market. What are you waiting for?
Create a Houzz profile today—or outsource to a company that can handle all aspects of your Houzz marketing for you (like Blue Corona)! Contact us to learn more.
About The Author: Alanna is the Quality Assurance Manager in Blue Corona's Maryland office. When she's not triple-checking websites and content for errors and consistency, you can find her at the gym with her twin sister or urban exploring with her husband.
View more blogs by Alanna Hernandez
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.