- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
Increase Leads and Sales with Retargeted Ads from a Top Remarketing Agency
On average, only two percent of your website visitors will convert into a solid lead. Don’t give up on the other 98 percent—send them hyper-targeted ads and email campaigns via remarketing services.
Interested in a remarketing campaign for your small business? It’s common that an online user will visit multiple websites before hiring one. Investing in remarketing and retargeting is a way to bring back potential customers and turn them into leads.
While there are various remarketing platforms you can invest in, we recommend and provide remarketing on the Google Display Ad Network and on social media channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and others.
Read more below about our retargeting and remarketing services and how they can help you grow your small business, or fill out the form here to get a FREE analysis.
What Is Remarketing with Retargeted Ads?
When you install remarketing tags on your website (at the start of your retargeted campaign), it will trigger when someone visits your website. If they leave your website without converting (and become a “lost customer”), the ads through your retargeting platform (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others) will target the users on top websites in ad spaces within those sites. The ad can drive back visitors to your site to then convert or complete a purchase.
What’s the Difference Between Remarketing and Retargeting?
The main difference between remarketing and retargeting is the strategy that’s used to reach potentially lost customers.
While remarketing typically refers to serving display ads to people who have visited your website via information collected with a cookie, Retargeting typically refers to sending an email campaign to those consumers whose information you have collected through web forms, social media lead campaigns, and webinar sign-ups.
Types of Remarketing
- Video remarketing (Google Ads): Your ads are shown as pre-roll video ads on YouTube and other Google display partners to people that have previously visited your site.
- Search remarketing (Google Ads): Your ads are shown at the top of the search engine results when someone who has already visited your site searches for specific terms or services.
- Display remarketing (Google Ads): Your ads are shown as display ads on other websites within the Google display ad network.
- Dynamic remarketing (Google Ads): Boost your results with dynamic remarketing, which takes remarketing to the next level with ads that include products or services that people viewed on your website or app.
- Social media remarketing: You can use LinkedIn remarketing, Facebook remarketing and Pinterest remarketing to serve ads to people who have visited your website while they browse those social media channels and partner websites.
- Customer list remarketing: With both social media marketing and Google Ads remarketing, you can upload lists of contact information that your customers have given you. When those people are signed into Google or that specific social media site, you can show them ads across different websites or on that social platform.
Why Use Remarketing Services?
As more visitors are on your site, you retargeted list grows and will continue to build brand awareness and push customers toward the bottom of your sales funnel.
Retargeting marketing ads are highly efficient and affordable at bringing interested customers back to your site and can produce one of the highest return on ad spend (ROAS) through internet advertising.
An example would be if you were a remodeling company. A customer in your service area visits your website and browses your kitchen remodeling page. That’s a big investment into their home, so they’re not ready to commit to a consultation yet, but they’re in the research process of vetting remodeling companies in their area for when they’re ready.
By running a remarketing campaign for this small business, our team is able to reach customers just like the example above as they visit other websites online. It will keep this business on top of mind and encourage the potential customer to go back and revisit this remodeling company’s website, gallery, and resources—helping close the deal and bring in more leads.
8 Tips to Make Remarketing Work for You
In order for remarketing to work, there are a few key tips you should follow:
- Segment your remarketing lists: When you’re setting up your remarketing tag, make sure you differentiate between different pages. For example, separate people who have visited “air conditioning repair” and “furnace repair” pages for a more personalized experience.
- Tailor your ads to your remarketing strategy: Your creative strategy is just as important as your remarketing list strategy. Make sure your ads are relevant to the audience you’d like to reach, have the same look and feel as your site, and have a compelling call-to-action.
- Split-test imagery: You may be surprised at the imagery your target audience vibes best with. In the beginning, run split tests until you can see a distinct pattern in how your audience behaves.
- Track and tag everything: In order to continually optimize your campaigns, you need to see what’s working, what’s not, and what could be improved. You di this with advanced call tagging and analytics.
- Test different ad platforms, sizes, and formats: To reach as many customers as possible on the web, create different types of ads for your remarketing campaign in multiple sizes and placements. Then test which formats, platforms, and sizes work best for your campaign.
- Upsell to current customers: Your existing customers are your most loyal customers, and are the ones most likely to purchase other products and services from you. Create a list of current customers and use it to upsell new products or advertise discounts.
- Schedule your ads for when your target audience is most likely to see them: Not all hours of the day are created equal. While Baby Boomers may be most active in the morning, Gen-Z may not be up for ads until mid-afternoon.
- Invest your advertising dollars on the platforms and websites that show results: I can’t stress this enough. If you’re spending a large percentage of your budget on one or two websites or platforms but aren’t getting enough conversions to justify the investment, STOP. This is where the importance of testing different platforms and websites comes in. Yes, remarketing works, but only if you’re targeting the right people at the right time on the right platform.
Why the Best Remarketing Companies Are Rooted In Data & Analytics (and You Should Run from One that Isn’t)
The best remarketing campaigns become that way because of quality data and analytics.
For example, the top remarketing companies and remarketing agencies (like us!) make sure to use remarketing platforms that enable advertisers to track and optimize based on location, keywords, and performance. This detailed level of accurate measurement and tracking is the foundation of every Blue Corona service, including retargeted ads and paid search advertising. If you don’t know exactly where you are today, you can’t maximize your results.
Before you spend a penny on remarketing, you need to put the right analytics tools in place and gather some baseline data. You need to know how your website functions today as a sales rep. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a week or a month. The process is important. If you’re serious about results, don’t skip this step!
If you already have an existing pay per click account, our team will start with a PPC audit. We’ll review what you’ve done in the past and give you actionable recommendations for improving your performance in the future. For clients utilizing us for retargeted ads and paid search management, we handle it all—from keyword discovery to bid management; from ad design creation to ad split testing; from pay per click call tracking to landing page optimization; we take care of everything and report the results to you monthly.
Get Started On Your Remarketing Campaigns with the Help of the Top Remarketing Agency
If you’re ready to get started on growing your business and making more online sales through remarketing, contact us today. Our team is eager and experienced in helping small businesses grow their online presence and marketing strategy. Learn more by calling us today: 800.696.4690
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.