- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
HVAC SEO from the Top HVAC Marketing Company
Want better leads and more booked jobs? It all starts with being at the top of the search engines. Get there with HVAC SEO from the experts.
When you Google “AC repair near me” or “furnace repair in [your city],” is your company’s website listed as one of the top three results? If you’re not in the top three, you’re losing business to your competitors—guaranteed.
About 97% of consumers go online to find local services, and 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. Once there, 55% of searchers click on one of the first three entries.
Let Blue Corona fix that for you. As an ACCA sponsor and a Nexstar Strategic Partner with 10 years experience, we KNOW the HVAC industry—including what your customers are searching for. With us, you get exclusive access to the only SEO software designed specifically for the HVAC industry, which we use to analyze more than 10,000 HVAC and plumbing websites per year. Basically, we have better insights than the other guy.
With Blue Corona piloting your SEO strategy, you’ll rank higher in the search engines—leading to an increase in leads and sales growth for a lower cost. Learn about our SEO services below, including what you get and what makes us different than other SEO companies. Ready to get started with SEO? Contact us now, or check out our HVAC SEO case studies.
Our Process and What's Included in Our HVAC SEO Services
SEO companies like Blue Corona handle the day-to-day of monitoring and improving your online footprint, including making your website more visible in the search results and differentiating your brand across the web. We do this by following the process below.
1PERFORMING A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform HVAC SEO keyword research and identify the top sales-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZING WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your HVAC website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in-line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATING NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted, well-written website content that improves your local search rankings and provides a seamless user experience
- Create SEO-optimized creative content assets like HVAC infographics & videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZING AND CREATING LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List, and more, including industry-specific directories
- Optimize your HVAC company’s Google My Business page for your business address or service area, phone number, maps listing, and business hours
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS REPORTING
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
- And more
6TRACKING AND TWEAKING YOUR HVAC SEO CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top-three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in your industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
Blue Corona has proprietary SEO software (designed specifically for the HVAC industry) that allows us to compare your online presence with those of your top competitors. In this free report, you get a detailed analysis of EXACTLY where you stand against the competition and actionable steps to move forward.
You can sign up for your free analysis here, but if you want an immediate, rough gauge of how much work you need and where, pick the statements below that most accurately describe your situation:
HVAC SEO Keyword Rankings
SEO was built on keywords. While keyword stuffing is an SEO tactic of the past, keywords still matter. By optimizing your content for your top-converting keywords, you have a better chance of ranking in search engines and being found.
- SEO Level 1: I either don’t know my keyword rankings or I am not on page one or two for my top keywords
- SEO Level 2: I know my rankings, but I am not on page one for my top keywords
- SEO Level 3: I know my rankings and I am on the first page, but I am not in the top three positions for all my top keywords
Content on your HVAC website
Content is king, and the best HVAC websites have loads on loads of engaging, thoughtful, thorough content. But not only do you need to have these pages, you also need to have the right title tags and meta descriptions, as well as images optimized for peak performance.
- SEO Level 1: I have fewer than 50 pages of content, I don’t know how many words per page I have, or I don’t know if these pages have proper title tags and meta descriptions
- SEO level 2: I have 50 – 100 pages of content, but the content is thin, and I have some title tags and meta descriptions but they are not optimized
- SEO Level 3: I have more than 100 pages of rich, thoughtful content and my title tags and meta descriptions are optimized to the best of my ability, but I do not have optimized images
Technical SEO & Website Structure
Here’s how technical SEO for plumbing companies and HVAC contractors works: Google uses robots to crawl website pages, looking for clues as to what it’s about. By adding in certain technical aspects, you’re helping the robots understand your page a bit better.
Think of it this way: Search engine robots speak a different language than we do—HTML. It’s like having someone who speaks Russian determine what a web page in English is about. The technical bits we add are written in a language the search engines understand. It’s like adding subtitles.
- Technical SEO Level 1: I don’t know if I have a Robot.txt or an XML sitemap, I either don’t know my website speed or it takes longer than five seconds for my web pages to load, my website is either not mobile-friendly or doesn’t look great on mobile, my website is not secure, and I do not have advanced analytics tracking
- Technical SEO Level 2: I either don’t know if I have a Robots.txt and XML sitemap or I only have one of them, my web pages load in under five seconds, my website is responsive or mobile-friendly, my website is secure, and I have analytics installed, but it is not optimized
- Technical SEO Level 3: I have a Robots.txt and an XML sitemap, my web pages load in under three seconds, my website is mobile-first, my website is secure, and I have advanced analytics installed and am tracking goals
Local SEO for HVAC Contractors
Most HVAC companies are local, small businesses. For local searches, Google (and other search engines) tend to show the top three results in what’s called a local pack.
- Local SEO Level 1: I have not claimed my Google My Business page, my name, address, and phone number (NAP) are inconsistent across the web, I do not have a Facebook page, I do not have local schema for HVAC contractors installed, and I do not rank in the top three listings in the local pack when I search for “HVAC company near me”
- Local SEO Level 2: I have claimed my Google My Business page but have not optimized it, my NAP is relatively consistent across the web, I have a Facebook page but post sporadically, I do not have HVAC schema installed, and I sometimes rank in the local pack for a few minor keywords
- Local SEO Level 3: I have claimed and optimized my Google My Business page and keep it updated regularly, my NAP is solid across all local online directories, I have a Facebook page and update it regularly, I have customized HVAC schema installed on all web pages, and I rank in the top three of the local pack for most of my top keywords
SEO for HVAC Contractors: How SEO Works to Increase Leads and Book More Jobs
When you choose Blue Corona as your SEO partner, you’re gaining access to our industry experts that will treat your company like they would treat their own. Within your first year—and truly, your first six months, you can expect:
- Increases in organic traffic
- Content focused on locality
- Unique title tags and meta descriptions for each product and service area
- Consistent NAP across every listing
- Authentic reviews, marked up with schema
- Reputable directory listings
- Ensuring a mobile responsive website
- Authority building measures
You can see more about what to expect from HVAC SEO services here >>
Our SEO Process in More Detail
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every service Blue Corona provides. We market our clients’ businesses as if we owned them ourselves. In order to provide you with intelligent decisions about your advertising, marketing, SEO, and website, we must first evaluate your marketing in a manner similar to the way a great accountant would review your financials. Most SEO companies brag about rankings and traffic. Guess what? Neither of these metrics matters if you’re not seeing increases in profit, revenue and booked jobs from organic searches (for terms other than your company name!).
SEO is a zero sum game which means that in order for your HVAC website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog websites that are currently perceived to be better optimized than your site. One of the most common questions HVAC contractors and business owners ask us is, “How much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the other heating and cooling contractors in your area.
A typical SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from an owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other SEO company has—including the only SEO software designed specifically for the HVAC industry)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational Improvements to your HVAC website
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit process, the second step in the SEO process is to make any foundational improvements required to facilitate your ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google you need well-optimized onsite content; however, if your website is not coded and structured correctly, the search engines will never see the great content you create. If code and site structure issues are identified during the SEO audit process, they must be fixed before any content optimizations occur.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like revising your website’s title tags and meta descriptions, renaming various web pages, giving your website files a more logical structure, improving your website speed (load speed is a known ranking factor), enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content, and even recoding your website onto a content management system (CMS).
Step 3: Content Creation and HVAC Marketing
With the right foundation in place, and armed with the right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site gives you an opportunity to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
It might be helpful to think of your website as if it were a fishing boat, each page of content is like a baited line thrown into the Internet sea of fish. More lines in the water (pages on your website) equals more fish (visits, leads, and sales!)! The content of your website must be targeted to your top keywords, but it also must establish your company as THE authority for what you do in markets you do it.
Most HVAC contractors either hate creating website copy or don’t have the time for it. That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional, US-based copywriters that specialize in creating unique, original, relevant and authoritative content specifically for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical contractors. Our content marketing experts have created more content than any other HVAC online marketing company in existence!
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite SEO Factors
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web. Think of links from other authoritative websites (manufacturers’ pages, local chambers of commerce, or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal! Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them by creating unique and remarkable content—content that is truly valuable to your prospective customers!
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your HVAC company grow with SEO! Contact one of our SEO specialists today!
Not sure where to start with your website? Learn more about our HVAC web design and development services »
Why Choose Blue Corona Over Other HVAC SEO Companies?
At Blue Corona, we try and let our clients speak for us. Take a look at our HVAC SEO reviews from current and former clients to hear straight from them why we are the best internet marketing company for your needs. Everything we do comes from the perspective of a business owner, and we treat your business like our own. What does that mean?
- You get a marketing partner specializes in the HVAC industry and has proven success growing companies just like yours.
- You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts. We won’t handcuff you for a specific amount of time. Ever.
- You’ll own every single deliverable, from your website to your content. Some of our competitors won’t let you keep your work when you leave. Not us.
- You’ll optimize your marketing costs. Everything we do is tracked, measured, and analyzed for improvements. This lowers your costs and raises results.
- You get the peace of mind that we will bend over backward for you. SEO is a long-term investment, which is why we believe in building partnerships, not acquiring clients.
- You get a dedicated Account Manager to be your guide, as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated (US-based) copywriter.
- You get detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line.
Our Happy Clients
“I've been working with Blue Corona for over seven years, but before that, I was doing it all in-house. Blue Corona has impacted GAC in a way that has helped us grow in a turnkey manner. They care about your business and they're willing to work with you and really understand what your needs are as a business, and then develop a program to help you. I strongly recommend Blue Corona to any HVAC company out there.”
“Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“PVI Office Furniture Plus Mark Hill is the president of PVI Office Furniture Plus—the largest office furniture warehouse in Maryland. In PVI’s 22 years of business, Mark has advertised his new and used furniture offerings through mailed catalogs, cable TV commercials, and radio advertisements. It wasn’t until June 2013 that Mark decided to enlist Blue Corona’s help in using the Web to grow his business. The Problem PVI was doing no lead tracking, and their website was poorly optimized for...”
“McCormick Paints With 25 retail stores and six dealer locations throughout Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Delaware, McCormick Paints has been the preferred paint manufacturer and retailer of choice for architects and designers, painting contractors, commercial builders, residential builders, property managers, and homeowners in the Mid-Atlantic for over 50 years. The Problem McCormick Paints needed a website that would help showcase their product offers to their range of target audiences, including commercial builders, property managers, architects, and homeowners. In addition,...”
“Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center Mark Gandy is the sales manager at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center, a remodeling company in Delaware. Since 1963, the company has been winning over Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland homeowners over with their award winning kitchen designs and more. The Problem When Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center came to us in 2010, the company was focusing their marketing efforts on local print advertisements, magazines, and phone book, but couldn’t accurately determine their return...”
“Rory Coakley founded Coakley Realty in 1989 with his wife Nancy. Today, Coakley Realty, located in Rockville, Maryland, is a full service real estate firm specializing in appraisal work, tax appeals, commercial real estate sales and leasing as well as residential sales and property management. The Problem One of Coakley's lines of business was residential third-party property management. Rory was interested in growing this segment of his business and had to create a marketing plan to do so. To generate...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“Both the design of the website, and the later design of our mobile website, were extremely easy and professional. In the past I had problems with web designers not understanding how I wanted the site to look and respond. Working with Chase, there were none of these issues. He really listened to my requests, asked questions to make sure he understood what I was saying, and made many suggestions of ways to improve the site in ways that had never...”
“I used to get a couple form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“My husband and I have each been in the business world for at least 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never worked with a team of people as wonderful as Blue Corona's. We know virtually nothing of the SEO business and they have guided us through this in a most impressive way. Tara has been our main point of contact and I truly cannot say enough things about that amazing woman. It is due to Tara and her...”
- Free Analysis