- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
More Leads. More Booked Jobs. It All Starts with SEO for HVAC Contractors.
If your website isn’t listed in the top three search results when someone Google’s “AC repair near me” or “furnace repair in [your city],” you’re losing business to your competitors—guaranteed. About 97% of consumers go online to find local services, and 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. Once there, 55% of searchers click on one of the first three entries.
If you want more homeowners to find your company and book your services, trust Blue Corona to get the job done. As an ACCA sponsor and a Nexstar Strategic Partner with more than 10 years experience, we KNOW the HVAC industry—including what your customers are searching for. With us, you get exclusive access to the only SEO software designed specifically for the HVAC industry, which we use to analyze more than 10,000 HVAC and plumbing websites per year. Basically, we have better insights than the other guy.
With Blue Corona piloting your SEO strategy, you’ll rank higher in the search engines—leading to an increase in leads and sales growth for a lower cost. Learn about our SEO services below, including what you get and what makes us different than other SEO companies. Ready to get started with SEO? Contact us now, or check out our HVAC SEO case studies.
HVAC SEO: How It Works
How do we increase your leads and booked jobs? By following the process below. The end result is more visibility in the search results and a stronger brand presence across the web.
1PERFORMING A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform HVAC keyword research and identify the top sales-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZING WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your HVAC website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in-line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATING NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted website content that delights potential customers, improves your local search rankings, and provides a seamless user experience
- Create search-engine-optimized creative assets like HVAC infographics & videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZING AND CREATING LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List, and more, including industry-specific directories
- Optimize your HVAC company’s Google My Business page for local SEO best practices
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS REPORTING
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
6TRACKING AND TWEAKING YOUR CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top-three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in your industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
Why SEO Is the Best HVAC Marketing Strategy
Why is SEO the best HVAC marketing strategy? Each month, customers in the U.S. perform almost 500,000 online searches for HVAC services. Considering more than 90% of searchers click on the first page of the search results, if your HVAC company doesn’t pop up on the first page for your target keywords, you’re losing business—guaranteed.
Search engine optimization is one of the best ways to advertise your HVAC business because ranking at the top of search engines means you can connect with those homeowners at the moment they’re searching for your services online.
What It Takes To Outrank Your Competitors in Search Engines
If you want to outrank your competitors in search engines, you need to accomplish three things: First, your website code needs to be easy for search engines to find, read, index, and rank (Learn about our HVAC website development services). Second, your onsite content (copy/text) must establish your company as an authority in the HVAC industry. And third, your offsite factors (ex. links from other authoritative sites) must be optimized to reinforce your site’s authority.
To accomplish that, our SEO specialists focus on:
- Website security (HTTPS vs. HTTP)
- Website mobile-friendliness
- Schema markup
- Webpage content quality
- Webpage content length
- Page speed
- Social signals
- Quality backlinks
- Optimized images
- User experience
If you’re like most contractors, you probably get 20 emails a day promising to do the things above. Like most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it typically is (after all—think about what your competitors promise your clients!)!
We specialize in SEO for HVAC contractors, which means we know more about the HVAC SEO than virtually any other digital marketing company!
SEO for HVAC Contractors: Our Process in More Detail
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every HVAC marketing service Blue Corona provides. We market our clients’ businesses as if we owned them ourselves. To provide you with intelligent decisions about your advertising, marketing, SEO, and website, we must first evaluate your marketing the same way a great accountant would review your financials. Most SEO companies brag about rankings and traffic. Guess what? Neither of these metrics matters if you do not see increased booked jobs, revenue, and profit from organic searches (for terms other than your company name!).
SEO is a zero-sum game which means that for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog websites which are currently perceived to be better optimized than your site. One of the most common questions plumbers and plumbing contractors ask us is, “how much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the other plumbing companies in your area.
A typical SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from the owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other plumbing SEO company has—it’s the only SEO software specially designed for the HVAC and plumbing industry!)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational, Technical SEO Improvements to Your Plumbing Website
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit, the second step in the SEO process is to make any technical SEO improvements required to facilitate your ongoing success. Here’s how technical SEO works: Google uses robots to crawl website pages, looking for clues as to what it’s about. By adding in certain technical aspects, you’re helping the robots understand your page a bit better.
Think of it this way: Search engine robots speak a different language than we do—HTML. It’s like having someone who speaks Russian determine what a web page in English is about. The technical bits we add are written in a language the search engines understand. It’s like adding subtitles.
For example, to rank well on Google, you need a mobile-friendly website. That means before we can start creating amazing content, we need to make your website responsive.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like:
- Revising your website’s title and meta tags
- Renaming various web pages,
- Restructuring your website files
- Improving your site speed (load speed is a known ranking factor),
- Recoding your website onto a content management system (CMS)
Step 3: Content Creation and Content Marketing
With the right foundation in place, and armed right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site allows you to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
It might be helpful to think of your website as if it were a fishing boat, each page of content is like a baited line thrown into the Internet sea of fish. More lines in the water (pages on your website) equals more fish (visits, leads, and sales!)! The content of your website must be targeted to your top keywords, but it also must establish your company as THE heating and cooling authority.
Most HVAC contractors hate creating website copy! That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional U.S.-based copywriters that specialize in creating unique, original, relevant and authoritative content specifically the HVAC industries.
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite Factors and Local SEO
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web, starting with your Google My Business page.
Most homeowners and property managers want an HVAC contractor that’s local to the area. When consumers make geographically related searches like “AC repair near me” or “HVAC company in [city, state],” Google and other search engines show what’s called the local pack (otherwise known as map listings):
To get in the local pack, you need a flawless Google My Business page. With our local SEO services, we’ll do it for you and make sure it’s continually up to date with the latest information.
OTHER OFFSITE FACTORS
A part of building authority offsite includes generating links back to your website. Think of links from other authoritative websites (manufacturer’s pages, local chambers of commerce or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal!
Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them by creating unique and remarkable content—content that is truly valuable to your prospective customers!
Be Wary of HVAC & Plumber SEO Scams!
Not all SEO companies live up to their promises of more traffic, better rankings, and more leads. Some HVAC and plumber SEO firms achieve results, but they do so using “black-hat SEO” techniques. These unethical strategies can hurt your plumbing SEO and rankings—and ultimately, your HVAC business.
Before selecting an SEO company for your company, make sure to ask the following questions:
- “Do you adhere to search engine webmaster guidelines?”
- “How do you determine SEO success?” At Blue Corona, we always determine SEO success by increased leads—not rankings or traffic. Who cares if you’re getting more website traffic if it’s traffic from China and you’re a local contractor in Charlotte, NC!
- “What happens if/when we part ways?” Many companies don’t let you keep your website or content—you’re merely renting it from them.
Ready to rank #1 on Google? It’s time to contact us about HVAC SEO services
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your HVAC company grow with SEO! Contact us today!
What is HVAC SEO?
HVAC SEO is the process of creating and editing website content and code so that your website ranks well in search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. To optimize your website for search, make it fast, secure, mobile-friendly, and full of unique, remarkable content. Then you must gain citations, links, and references from local directories and other websites.
What’s included in HVAC SEO services?
With your HVAC SEO services, you get a digital competitive analysis, website content and code optimization, new website content, local SEO, measurement and tracking reporting, and continual tweaking.
Should I hire an SEO company?
An SEO company handles the day-to-day tasks of monitoring your online presence so you can focus on other aspects of your HVAC business. If you don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns and then have the means to optimize accordingly, you need an SEO company.
How long does SEO for HVAC take?
Our HVAC clients can typically see results within six months of starting. Be patient, though—SEO takes a while to take effect, but the results will snowball once you get going.
How does Blue Corona track SEO success?
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Most HVAC marketing companies treat tracking and reporting as an afterthought—the last step. At Blue Corona, it’s the first step in every SEO project.
Is Blue Corona a certified Google Partner?
Is Blue Corona experienced with the HVAC industry?
Yes. Blue Corona caters to HVAC, plumbing, and home services companies, and we are THE authority in SEO for HVAC. We have more than 10 years of experience helping HVAC contractors grow their businesses. Check out our case studies and see!
Why Choose Blue Corona Over Other HVAC SEO Companies?
At Blue Corona, we try and let our clients speak for us. Take a look at our HVAC SEO reviews from current and former clients to hear straight from them why we are the best internet marketing company for your needs. Everything we do comes from the perspective of a business owner, and we treat your business like our own. What does that mean?
- You get a marketing partner specializes in the HVAC industry and has proven success growing companies just like yours.
- You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts. We won’t handcuff you for a specific amount of time. Ever.
- You’ll own every single deliverable, from your website to your content. Some of our competitors won’t let you keep your work when you leave. Not us.
- You’ll optimize your marketing costs. Everything we do is tracked, measured, and analyzed for improvements. This lowers your costs and raises results.
- You get the peace of mind that we will bend over backward for you. SEO is a long-term investment, which is why we believe in building partnerships, not acquiring clients.
- You get a dedicated Account Manager to be your guide, as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated (US-based) copywriter.
- You get detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line.
Our Happy Clients
“Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“This has by far been the best return on investment I’ve ever seen. This has opened up another door for revenue to come in. My website has turned into my best sales rep. The company markets itself! My account manager presents all the information in a way that I can understand. She always takes my calls. She responds to my emails in a timely fashion. She helps me come up with new ideas. She is outstanding! Blue Corona provides results....”
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but also with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project.” With 25 retail stores and six dealer locations throughout...”
“We trust our support team at Blue Corona completely and quite frankly are involved in very little of what they do for us. They truly understand SEO and what is needed to make it work. I would say this has been the most valuable aspect of working with Blue Corona. They do so with little to no effort on our part, which allows our sales managers to focus on sales rather than SEO tasks and education. For all of these...”
“"Blue Corona measures and tracks my website and all my advertising so I know exactly what is working and what needs to be re-evaluated. They break down the data into actionable insights and clear takeaways. Before I hired them, I was getting 3 property management leads per month. Today, as a direct result of their SEO work and pay-per-click expertise, I receive over 25 leads per month and my cost per lead has actually gone down!" Rory Coakley founded Coakley Realty...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“Both the design of the website, and the later design of our mobile website, were extremely easy and professional. In the past I had problems with web designers not understanding how I wanted the site to look and respond. Working with Chase, there were none of these issues. He really listened to my requests, asked questions to make sure he understood what I was saying, and made many suggestions of ways to improve the site in ways that had never...”
“I used to get a couple form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“My husband and I have each been in the business world for at least 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never worked with a team of people as wonderful as Blue Corona's. We know virtually nothing of the SEO business and they have guided us through this in a most impressive way. Tara has been our main point of contact and I truly cannot say enough things about that amazing woman. It is due to Tara and her...”
“Our phones are ringing more and our guys are busier ever since we signed up with Blue Corona to handle our marketing. We look forward to our monthly updates and are excited to see the numbers each month of how we are doing. It is especially nice to see now when we are experiencing a lot of pressure from our competitors to try and take our customers. It’s nice to take these amazing numbers to our manager and show him...”
- Free Analysis