- Case Studies
25+ Need-to-Know Email Marketing Statistics
Maybe you’ve considered email marketing in the past. Maybe you haven’t. Either way, you should. If you’re looking to get more leads and grow your business, email marketing needs to be part of your digital marketing strategy.
You might think that email marketing is only useful for large corporations. Call me crazy, but I’m here to tell you (in the nicest way possible) that you’re wrong. Email marketing is useful for all types of businesses, both big and small—including yours!
If you’re on the fence about investing in email, read through this list of email marketing statistics and you’ll see exactly what I’m talking about. Email isn’t going anywhere. It’s here to stay. And the sooner you embrace email, the faster you’ll increase your company’s revenue. (And that sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.)
Email Marketing: Did You Know?
- Email, website, and social media are the top three marketing tools used by businesses: 54% email, 51% website, 48% social media.
- Email traffic is up 16% year over year.
- 92% of online adults use email, with 61% using it on an average day.
- 61% of consumers enjoy receiving promotional emails weekly, and 28% would like emails to come even more frequently.
- B2B marketers see (on average) a 760% increase in revenue from customized, segmented marketing campaigns
- 68% of millennials say promotional emails have influenced their purchase decisions.
- Sending four emails in a month instead of one significantly increases the number of consumers opening more than one email. Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19% (Syndacast).
- 57% of email subscribers spend 10-60 minutes browsing marketing emails during the week.
- Subject lines fewer than 10 characters long had an open rate of 58%.
Email Marketing: Can I Get More Leads?
- Including a call to action button instead of a text link can increase conversion rates by as much as 28%
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%.
- When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail, and more.
Email Marketing: Are You Mobile Friendly?
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices.
- 23% of readers who open an email on a mobile device open it again later.
- Mobile readers who open an email a second time from a computer are 65% more likely to click through.
- One out of every three clicks within an email occurs on a mobile device.
- Mobile users check their email three times more than non-mobile users.
- 88% of smartphone users actively check email on their phones. This makes it more popular than any other app for both iPhones and Androids.
Email Marketing: How Does It Compare to Social Media?
- 72% of people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media.
- According to Forrester, people are twice as likely to sign up for your email list as they are to interact with you on Facebook.
- 90% of email gets delivered to the intended recipient’s inbox, whereas only 2% of your Facebook fans see your posts in their News Feed.
- A message is 5x more likely to be seen in email than via Facebook
- While social media and search should not be ignored, email has higher conversion rates than these two tactics combined.
- You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate.
Your Company + Email Marketing = Leads
With a strategic email marketing campaign, you can increase referrals, up-sells, leads, and booked jobs (sales)! Believe me, email marketing for small business is worth it. Blue Corona provides turn-key, “do it for me” email marketing solutions. We handle it all—from creating a customized email template that matches your overall company brand to creating action-oriented copy and promoting your campaigns.
If you’re ready to create actionable email marketing campaigns, let our experts help—contact us today!
Convince and Convert http://convinceandconvert.com/
Data & Marketing Association https://thedma.org/blog/data-driven-marketing/saturday-stat-series/
Experian Marketing Services http://www.experian.com/marketing-services/marketing-services.html
Get Response http://getresponse.com/
Who Is Hosting This http://www.whoishostingthis.com/blog/2014/02/12/email-deliverability-101/
About The Author: Katie is an Organic Team Lead at Blue Corona. Outside of content creation and SEO, Katie enjoys stuffing her face with nachos, online shopping, and binge-watching Netflix.
View more blogs by Katie Birkbeck
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.