- Ad Tracking
- Call Tracking
- Conference Live Blogs
- Content Marketing
- Contractor Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Electrician Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Fire Protection Marketing
- General Business Advice
- Google Algorithm Updates
- Home Services Marketing
- Houzz Marketing
- HVAC Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Landscaper Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Link Building
- Local Directories
- Local SEO
- Marketing for Flooring Companies
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Reviews
- Paid Search
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Plumbing Marketing
- Remodeler Marketing
- Restoration Marketing
- Roofer Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Small Business Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Title Tags
- Video Marketing
- Web Analytics
- Web Design
- Website Analytics & Tracking
- Window & Door Marketing
- Yelp Marketing
Best Ways to Get HVAC Leads in 2017
As the owner of an HVAC business, you’re always hungry for more leads. The more leads you get, the more likely you are to get a sale (if you know how to close them, that is). So, have you looked into your company’s marketing strategy lately?
There’s not any one “right” way to get leads, but there are many ways that have been proven to work well. Ideally, you’re using several strategies in conjunction with one another to get leads from various sources, and then your sales team is employing effective strategies to turn those leads into sales.
Check out our tips below to get more leads for your HVAC company this year!
How to Get HVAC Leads Fast
If you need leads, like, yesterday, a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign might be your best option. Unlike search engine optimization (which you should be doing anyway), PPC can give you nearly instant results once a campaign is set up. As we explained in another blog post about PPC:
“Think of it in terms of buying a house vs. renting an apartment. Investing in SEO is like buying a house. While there is an upfront cost with little initial return, you are building equity that will drive strong long-term results and gains. Investing in PPC is more like renting an apartment. You are paying a premium for an ideal location with immediate results during the timeframe the ads are running.”
With that said, it’s best—maybe imperative—to have a PPC specialist manage your paid campaigns. The world and rules of paid search are extremely complex and mistakes can cost you a lot of money. It’s in your company’s best interests—and your wallet’s, for that matter—to let the experts handle it.
How to Get HVAC Leads from Social Media
There are a lot of myths about social media out in the world. Let’s start by pointing out that social media is just one small part of an effective digital marketing strategy. If you think you will drastically improve leads just by creating a Facebook page, you’ve got the wrong idea. On the other hand, if you think social media isn’t useful for HVAC companies, I’m happy to tell you that’s not the case either.
Social media platforms help you engage with your existing customers and reach out to potential new customers to demonstrate the type of customer service and expertise they can expect from your brand. Social media can lead to more word-of-mouth referrals, increased brand loyalty, boosted website traffic, and more. Here are some basic tips to get started with social media for HVAC companies:
- Be present on the platforms used by your target audience. For HVAC companies, Facebook is a must.
- Create compelling content for your target audience. In other words, don’t just post promotions. No one wants to read marketing copy over and over on Facebook. Be a helpful resource to your customers by providing HVAC tips and information that help them save time and money—it’ll help build an image of your company as experts in the field.
- Run paid ads and promoted posts to boost content. The competitive landscape on Facebook is intense, and that’s where paid ads and boosted posts can help. Unlike pay-per-click campaigns—which are a little pricier due to their larger potential audience—Facebook ads are very affordable and can help get your content in front of more eyes in your service area.
- Run paid ads and promoted posts to get more followers. Facebook also allows you to run campaigns specifically for page “likes,” which can expand your audience quickly.
- Use an authentic voice when engaging with customers. It’s not wise to haphazardly or rudely respond to social media users (regardless of how rude or negative they are about your brand) for two reasons: first, it makes your company look bad; and second, the internet never forgets. Respond the way you would want a business to respond to you—in a timely manner, friendly, and willing to help.
The Best Way to Get HVAC Leads Online
As we’ve mentioned, there are a lot of elements to a fully-developed digital marketing strategy, but the bread and butter of digital marketing is SEO. PPC and paid social media campaigns can get you leads fast, but the best and most cost-effective way to sustain lead generation is to position your website to get lots of visits and, hopefully, leads and sales.
If you’re skeptical about how SEO can help your HVAC company get more business, we’ve got case study after case study to help convince you. For example, an HVAC company in Old Bridge, New Jersey came to us in 2012 for help with SEO. They had noticed that they were losing business to their competitors because they weren’t ranking on the first page of search results for key terms related to their industry.
In the first three years of working with us on a solid SEO campaign strategy, the company’s website saw a 1,195% increase in traffic (no, that’s not a typo—literally one thousand, one hundred and ninety-five percent). It doesn’t take an SEO expert to recognize that such a dramatic increase in website visits generated more leads for the company.
Another HVAC company we worked with had previously invested in SEO with another marketing vendor, but the strategy wasn’t working as well as they’d hoped. By optimizing the content they already had and creating additional content on the site over the course of a year, Blue Corona’s content marketing team was able to increase non-branded organic website traffic by 454% and increase online conversions (AKA web leads) by 433%. As you can see from these case studies, an investment in SEO can go a long way.
Need Help Revamping the Digital Marketing Strategy for Your HVAC Company?
At Blue Corona, we know a lot about using digital marketing tools like SEO, PPC, and social media to get HVAC companies more leads and sales. Get started with a free website analysis, or contact us directly today to learn more!
About The Author: Becca is a Content Marketing Specialist at Blue Corona. When she’s not helping small business owners grow their companies, she enjoys listening to podcasts, re-reading Harry Potter, and exploring the city.
View more blogs by Becca Starkes