- What We Do
- Case Studies
Google Local Services Ads Statistics (2019)
If you’re a home services provider, you should be taking advantage of Google’s Local Services ads.
Different than pay per click ads, Google’s Local Services are pay per lead ads that show up at the very top of search results for specific queries.
Also unlike traditional PPC ads, when Local Services ads are present, they receive a total of 13.8% of local SERP clicks. How they work is by instead of targeting keywords or placements on websites, you target services. When a person’s online search query matches criteria for those services, their ad will be eligible to show:
But, exactly what is it that makes these ads such a great investment? Below you’ll see the statistics that show how effective these ads are.
Looking to start advertising with Local Services ads? Contact us below!
Google Local Services Ads Statistics Every Home Services Contractor Should Know
- Local Services ads by Google receive 13.8% of local SERP clicks (BrightLocal, 2019)
- The presence of Local Services ads affects the number of clicks for all other SERP types (BrightLocal, 2019)
- When LSAs are present, 25.3% of all clicks are on paid results. When LSAs are absent, this is 14.6% – a difference of 10.7% (BrightLocal, 2019)
- 20% of all searches come from voice search and Local Services Ads are one of the few ways you can make sure that you’re found on the 400 million devices powered by Google Assistant (Google)
- Paid ads have an 11.38% CTR on Google (Sparktoro, 2019)
Why Google Local Services? Because…
- Organic results receive the most clicks of all SERP types, though they see a drop off when LSAs are present (BrightLocal, 2019)
- Review ratings are the biggest driver of clicks in local SERPs (BrightLocal, 2019)
- 40% of people only consider one local contractor before making a decision (ConsumerBarometer, 2018)
- When searching for a local contractor, 56% are looking for info on prices (ConsumerBarometer, 2018)
- 61% of mobile users call a business when they’re in the purchase phase of the buying cycle (Google)
- 64% of consumers have used Google My Business to find contact details for local businesses (BrightLocal, 2019)
- More than 50% of all searches end in no click (Sparktoro, 2019)
- 82% of smartphone users are actively searching for businesses near them (Google)
- While the average click-through rate for PPC ads is only 2%, the average click-through rate for the top paid result on the screen is almost 8%
- 49% of people said they click on text ads; 31% on Shopping ads; and 16% on video ads (Search Engine Land, 2019)
- 63% of people said they’d click on a Google ad (Search Engine Land, 2019)
- 86% of consumers use the internet to find a local business
- 72% of consumers prefer to find information on local merchants via search.
- 29% of consumers search for local businesses at least every week (BrightLocal)
About The Author: Blue Corona's Editorial Staff is determined to help you increase your leads and sales, optimize your marketing costs, and differentiate your brand by passing on our tribal knowledge. The team vigilantly stays on top of the latest in digital marketing, bringing you the top insights with expert commentary. Want to see something on our blog you haven't seen yet? Shoot us an email and our marketing team will get to work.
View more blogs by Blue Corona
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.