- Case Studies
What Are Nextdoor Local Deals?
Nextdoor, the social networking app for neighborhoods, has just added a new feature for local businesses: Nextdoor Local Deals (formerly known as Nextdoor Offers).
They’re an incredible opportunity for local businesses to generate more leads and sales from the web, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t try and test it out. Below you’ll find the rundown on Nextdoor Local Deals, including:
- What Nextdoor Local Deals are
- Who can create them
- How much they cost
- How to create your own Nextdoor Local Deal
- Benefits of using Nextdoor for your business
What Are Nextdoor Local Deals?
Nextdoor Local Deals are special offers, discounts, and promotions local businesses can post on the Nextdoor app for residents of specific neighborhoods:
Basically, they’re a type of Nextdoor paid post you can show to Nextdoor members within a certain radius of your business.
Nextdoor Local Deals are different than general Nextdoor Ads. Nextdoor Local Deals appear in a carousel in the news feed and are not guaranteed placement. Nextdoor Ads, however, are guaranteed a larger space in the newsfeed, and also appear in member’s daily digest email:
Nextdoor Local Deals:
Who Can Create Nextdoor Local Deals?
Local Deals are currently available for local businesses in select neighborhoods across the U.S. If you are a local business and are looking to drum up more leads and sales in your area, Nextdoor Local Deals are for you.
Do Nextdoor Local Deals Cost Money?
Yes—they can cost as little as $3.00, but the average cost of an offer is about $75.00. How the cost is determined is based on the neighborhoods you choose and the duration of the offer. Certain neighborhoods have higher numbers of residents and Nextdoor members than others, and price is based on the number of members in your offer’s radius. The longer you choose to show the offer, the higher the price goes.
One thing our clients love is that you will be shown the exact price before you launch your offer, so there will be no surprises.
How Do I Create a Nextdoor Local Deal?
To create a deal you must first create a Business Page on the platform. We explain how to do it in our blog, How to Advertise on Nextdoor.
Once you’ve created your free business page, log in.
- On the left-side navigation, click Local Deals. After you’ve done that, congratulations! This is your Local Deals dashboard, where you can see all the Local Deals you’ve created, create new ones, and check performance.
- Click “Create a Deal” and fill out the information about your promotion, including the duration of the ad and whether you want your offer to be redeemable online or in-store.
- Select the audience you want to see your Deal. It defaults to neighborhoods within a two-mile radius from your business address, but you can adjust this to up to a maximum of 10 miles from your business address. You’ll be able to see the number of verified Nextdoor members in the radius you select, so you’ll be able to see the cost of your offer for the duration you select.
- Add a high-res photo that will catch the eye of local residents. Nextdoor recommends:
- Photos should be jpeg or png
- Max image size is 7MB
- Minimum size of 578px by 300px
- Recommended Image Width: 1156px
- Recommended Image Height: 600px
- Preview your offer, review your order, and add payment details.
Why You Should Take Advantage of Nextdoor Local Deals
If you’re a local business, you should try and test Nextdoor Local Deals. Homeowners are already in the right state of mind when they are on the Nextdoor app. They’re also already going on the app to look for local businesses and ask for recommendations. One great thing about Nextdoor Local Deals is that it displays how many recommendations the business has gotten right there in the offer.
This is an incredible feature—reviews matter a LOT for your business. First, 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation, and since these reviews and recommendations are from verified neighbors you know and see on a daily basis, they carry more weight.
Those are some pretty powerful statistics.
How Else You Can Advertise on Nextdoor
Nextdoor Local Deals aren’t the only ads you can take out on Nextdoor. In fact, Blue Corona is one of the only agencies in the U.S. to have Nextdoor Advertising services available for small and medium-sized businesses:
Learn more here, or fill out the form below!
About The Author: Blue Corona's Editorial Staff is determined to help you increase your leads and sales, optimize your marketing costs, and differentiate your brand by passing on our tribal knowledge. The team vigilantly stays on top of the latest in digital marketing, bringing you the top insights with expert commentary. Want to see something on our blog you haven't seen yet? Shoot us an email and our marketing team will get to work.
View more blogs by Blue Corona
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.