- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
When searching for a local company on Google, you’re most likely using some combination of the “service + city/state”. Which listing do you click first? It’s a proven fact that most users will rarely go past page one to look at the results. Think about it—do you pick the most accessible listing? Or do you continue your search through pages and pages of results? You’re probably like the majority of users, selecting from the first page. Because of this, it’s important to remember that placement is key.
So, how can you get your plumbing company ranking on page one of Google? Let’s find out.
Something to keep in mind: getting your plumbing company on the first page of Google won’t happen overnight—it takes testing, tracking, tweaking, and repeating—but a smart, hardworking SEO strategy is worth the effort.
PPC for Plumbers
We’re often asked by plumbing companies if pay per click (PPC) is worth the investment—and if they should opt for that service instead of SEO. But the answer isn’t a simple yes or no. When it comes to your online presence, PPC can get you quick results, but SEO can provide long-lasting benefits. By combining both into your online marketing plan you can expect both immediate and long-term results.
One of the easiest ways to maximize your online presence quickly is through a paid search campaign. Why is this? Well, when someone searches for a local plumber on Google, their search results will feature paid advertising above all else. With PPC, you can ensure that your company is one of the first things the searcher sees!
Want to know the one of the top reasons many plumbers have steered cleared of advertising on Google? Misinformation. We’ve encountered numerous plumbing companies that swore by the fact that people don’t click on paid ads—but that isn’t true! The truth is, many searchers don’t notice a difference between the ads on the top verse the organic listings below—which means people are clicking on the paid ads without even realizing.
If your plumbing company is not investing in PPC, you’re basically giving those clicks to your competitors. This is a pretty big deal. We’re talking about a potential thousand or multi-thousand dollar plumbing job!
SEO for Plumbing Companies
The most critical element in an effective SEO plan is quality content. That means providing your site’s visitors with the information they need to make an informed decision about the plumbing services you offer. Doing this starts with looking at your business from a potential client’s perspective. Think about the questions people ask you during estimates:
- Do you install specific brands?
- Are emergency plumbing services available?
- Why does X cost what it does?
The content that answers these questions shouldn’t come in a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page (although a good FAQ is always a good thing to have on your site and we’d be happy to help you create one). You should get your ideas for content from your knowledge of your customer’s needs—answering their questions before they even have to ask. Giving them as much information as possible shows site visitors that you know what you’re doing and that you care about providing good service.
While high-quality content for your plumbing website will help Google recognize you as an authority—SEO is more than just content creation. Search engines should be able to easily crawl, understand, and index your website. At Blue Corona, our SEO team will work to improve your site speed, create a search-engine friendly site navigation menu, and develop a well-structured XML sitemap. All of these technical elements work together to increase your organic rankings on search engines like Google.
When considering SEO for your plumbing company, ask yourself this: What is the top organic listing of Google worth?
Improve Your Plumbing Company’s First Page Rankings
Plumbing companies, those that actually track their website(s), quickly learn three things:
- To get more website traffic and leads, you want to maximize first page real estate.
- Paid ads DO NOT significantly cannibalize traffic from organic listings (and vice versa).
- Investing in SEO and PPC can be effective, but proper set-up, management and tracking is critical to achieve maximum ROI.
That’s where Blue Corona can help. One of the reasons you should be testing search engine marketing is that it is a zero sum game. In order for your business to move up higher in a search engine results page, you must outrank a better optimized competitor. Along with PPC and SEO, there are a few other way you can maximize search engine real estate for your plumbing company, including:
- Microsites – If you own a plumbing company but have one service that dominates the rest, it might be helpful for you to have a microsite that concentrates on your other important line of business. While microsites aren’t the solution for every company, we can help you decide if a multiple website approach could help you dominate the search results.
- Videos – While Google tends to display website listings in its organic search results, it’s always looking for ways to improve user experience—which means they’ve started to incorporate videos in the results. Fun fact: a video is 60 percent more likely to get ranked in a search result than a landing page on the same topic.
- Social Media – Many companies don’t think that social media will be beneficial to their plumbing company. But that’s not the case. Social media is a low cost way of maintaining top-of-mind awareness with your customers. If you’re interested in social media but don’t think you’ll have the time to properly maintain the account, Blue Corona can help.
Dominate Search Engine Results with Blue Corona’s SEO & PPC for Plumbing Companies
At Blue Corona, we service all industries, but we specialize in SEO and PPC for plumbing companies. We have a proven pay per click setup and management system specifically designed for the plumbing industry, and our SEO specialists have extensive experience helping plumbers, like you, get more qualified traffic. But don’t take our word for it—see what our satisfied customers have to say!
If you’re ready for your plumbing company to dominate the search engine results—increasing your leads AND sales—contact Blue Corona to learn about our SEO and PPC services.
About The Author: Katie is a content marketing specialist at Blue Corona. Outside of content creation and SEO, Katie enjoys stuffing her face with nachos, online shopping, and binge-watching Netflix.
View more blogs by Katie Birkbeck