- What We Do
- Case Studies
The Ultimate Guide to Window & Door Marketing
How Window & Door Companies Are Increasing Leads, Booking More Appointments, and Growing Revenue
The internet has forever changed the window and door marketing landscape. Long gone are the days of paper flyers and physical posters. Now, everything is about website design, SEO, and online visibility.
With so many aspects to track and manage, many small businesses have trouble keeping up.
Luckily, we’re here to help with anything you need for successful marketing for window and door companies.
So, how do you increase your online presence to generate more leads? Let us show you.
Make Your Website Your Top Salesperson
Your window and door website isn’t just a pretty face for your business; it’s a sales- and lead-generating machine!
But just having a website doesn’t mean it’s reaching its maximum potential. It needs to stand out from the crowd and be the pillar on which your entire marketing campaign is built around.
Lead Customers Down the Sales Funnel
Does a good salesperson just give the facts and walk away? No! They guide customers through the buyer’s journey and lead them to the sale. Your website should do the same.
- Include sticky headers for easy user navigation (static top menu)
- Place your phone number at the top right of the header to increase website conversion rate
- Put contact forms on every page to increase website conversion rate
- Use industry certifications, team photos/bios, testimonials, customer reviews, etc. to build trust with website users
The key is to provide the information customers want in as few clicks as possible. Make navigating your website easy and always include your company’s contact information and a call to action (CTA).
People don’t trust the internet. Scammers are always ready to take valuable information. It’s up to your website to show customers that you take security seriously.
Using a secured HTTPS website, instead of an unsecured HTTP, is essential in marketing for window and door companies. It can boost your rankings on Google and show customers that you value their security.
Mobile-Friendly or Bust
When you’re looking for quick information about something you need, like new windows or doors, do you take the time to start up your computer or just whip out your phone?
These days, most people who surf the internet do so on their mobile devices, so your website needs to be ready. The goal of website design is to make it easy for potential customers to find the information they want.
If over 50% of them use mobile devices, that’s what you need to optimize for.
So many people perform web searches on mobile devices that Google uses mobile-friendliness as a website ranking factor! If your site isn’t mobile-friendly, it might as well not exist at all.
Jump to the Top of Google with Local Services Ads
Google Local Services ads are an affordable advertising channel for window and door companies.
When they see the Google Guaranteed badge, homeowners shop with confidence knowing your window and door company is vetted and approved by Google as a trusted home improvement contractor.
Once your ads are live through the Local Services platform, your business is automatically eligible to be found at the very top of Google: the most coveted online real estate available to window and door companies.
Not only that, window and door companies can also optimize their marketing costs and improve their ROI through Local Services’ lead dispute process.
That means if your Local Services ads generate unqualified leads (outside of your service area, customers looking for a service you do not offer, etc.), you get your money back from Google.
Outrank the Competition with Search Engine Optimization
If your website doesn’t appear on the first page of search results, then nobody knows you exist.
Search engine optimization for window and door companies (SEO) is how you outrank your competition and take over the most valuable real estate on the internet: the top of the search results.
There are over 200 ranking factors in Google’s algorithm that collectively determine how high you rank on search engines, and they all fit into three main pillars:
- Website Code and Structure – Your website’s construction, including page load speed, layout, internal links, and mobile accessibility, will help search engine crawlers navigate your site and find information to share with online searchers.
- Onsite Content – Search engines want to offer users the best information possible. Use only high-quality content that answers the most pressing window and door related questions.
- Offsite Factors – Google isn’t only looking for the best answers; it also wants the most credible answers. Reviews, backlinks, and online mentions that “vouch” for your brand boosts your credibility online, helping you rank higher in the search results.
If your website doesn’t appear on the first page of search results,
then nobody knows you exist.
Every page of your website needs to use the best SEO practices if you want to outrank your competitors.
Don’t Forget About Local SEO
Standard SEO practices are great for ranking to a worldwide audience, but that’s not always helpful to window and door companies. Shipping doors across the world can be expensive!
Local SEO can help you rank higher in Google’s Local Pack, so when someone in your area searches for “window and door companies near me,” you’ll shoot right to the top of the results.
Local SEO for window and door companies consists of two main components:
- NAP Citations – To know where your business is located, Google relies on NAP (name, address, phone number) citations. Plaster your business information in as many places as you can, including social media, online directories, and review sites, and make sure it’s the same across all platforms.
- Online Reviews – Many users like to search for “top window and door company near me,” so you need to prove to Google that you are, in fact, the top window and door provider. Generating and managing online reviews is the best way to establish your credibility to Google. A five-star rated company will have a better chance to top the rankings compared to a three-star company.
Start a Window & Door Blog
Blog writing is a powerful marketing strategy and can help with virtually every aspect of inbound marketing for window and door companies:
- Boost SEO
- Build relationships with customers
- Establish your brand as a window and door expert
- Create shareable content
- Generate leads
- Provide value to your website visitors
- Keep your website content fresh (as long as you keep up with your blog)
When writing blogs, think about the questions that your customers might ask and create posts answering them. If you find that people have a hard time sizing their windows, write a blog about how to do it properly.
- How much does a steel replacement door cost?
- What’s your process for replacing the windows in my home?
- How much money will I save on my energy bill by replacing the windows in my home?
Statistics show that a blog can increase your website’s chance of ranking on search engines by 434%, generate 67% more leads, and earn 97% more backlinks compared to websites without one.
PPC Ads for Window & Door Companies
It takes time to build enough SEO equity to reach that coveted top spot on the search engine rankings. If you want to start generating leads now, pay per click (PPC) ads might be for you.
With PPC ads, you create an ad, and Google sandwiches it between the Local Services results shown and the Local Pack.
Then, you pay Google a small fee (that you choose) every time someone clicks on it. It’s a great way to generate leads quickly without breaking your marketing budget.
Get Social on Social Media
The primary goal of marketing for window and door companies is to reach potential customers where they spend their time. With 3.6 billion users on various social media platforms, that’s exactly where your company needs to be.
Social media is a powerful marketing tool to build your brand persona and connect with customers personally. You can start conversations, see what’s trending within your industry, and promote products and services to targeted demographics. The best part: It’s free! So there’s no reason not to use it.
Use as many platforms as you can to achieve maximum reach for your business. But be careful; each platform has a different user demographic and rules, so it’s important to know how to use a platform before starting a marketing campaign.
Boost Lead Generation with Email Marketing
Email might be one of the oldest communication methods on the internet, but that doesn’t mean it should be excluded from modern marketing for window and door companies.
Despite its age, email is still one of the best ways to generate leads from existing customers:
- 99% of people check email daily
- 59% say emails influence their purchasing decisions
- 90% of emails reach their intended recipient (compared to 2% of Facebook followers who see your posts)
- Emails get 6x more clickthroughs than tweets
- 59% of marketing professionals say email has the highest ROI of any marketing channel (up to 4,200%!)
Sending regular emails can help your brand stay at the top of customers’ minds, promote your products, and guide customers down the sales funnel. Just make sure your emails stand out so they don’t get lost in the inbox clutter.
Collect and Manage Online Reviews
Online reviews are important for two reasons:
- Google uses them to rank websites. The better your online reviews, the higher you’ll rank.
- Customers use reviews. Around 95% of customers read online reviews before purchasing a product or service.
Generate more online reviews to boost trust, and don’t forget to respond to negative reviews. How you handle criticism shows a lot about your business to both customers and search engines.
Use Customer Service in Marketing for Window & Door Companies
Personal recommendations carry a lot of weight. Research shows that 92% of consumers believe suggestions from family and friends over any form of advertising.
The best way to capitalize on recommendations is to dazzle your current customers with outstanding customer service and turn them into raving fans. Then, they won’t be able to hold back when their friends and family ask where to go for window and door replacements.
You might not think of customer service as a part of marketing for window and door companies, but if done right, it could be one of the most powerful lead generating strategies in your inbound marketing toolbox!
Blue Corona: The Leader In Window & Door Marketing
Online marketing isn’t for the faint of heart. There’s so much to manage it can easily overwhelm even the most competent marketing departments. That’s why sometimes the best thing to do for marketing for window and door companies is to hire a professional.
Hiring a professional marketing firm is like having LeBron James on your pickup basketball team. You might not quite understand the best way to go about scoring points, but he sure does! And he can help you win the game.
If you need help with marketing for your window and door company, contact our experts today.
About The Author: Brandon is Blue Corona's Director of Marketing and oversees the company's growth initiatives. He is passionate about growing Blue Corona's brand in the home services marketing space and contributing to the companies growth. Outside of work, Brandon enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter at any of Charlotte's local breweries and completing DIY home improvement projects.
View more blogs by Brandon Doyle
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.