- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
Remodeler Marketing Tip: Why Great Content Matters for Remodeling Websites
When you think about what makes a remodeling website great, content is probably one of the last things that comes to mind. After all, isn’t it more important to have an attractive design and a gallery of beautiful before-and-after jobs you’ve done?
Certainly your design and your gallery are vital for creating a good remodeling website. But you absolutely cannot overlook the importance of great content. Here’s why:
1. If You Want to Rank in Search Engine Results, You Need Content.
If you’re trying to get your remodeling company ranked and found in search engine results, you’re going to need a lot of online text. Sure, pictures and videos are important too, but our research shows that the best ranking websites have an average of 1000 or more words of content per page.
When done right, more pages of content generate more rankings, which will ultimately lead to more traffic, more leads, and more sales for your business. These pages should include:
- Landing pages for all of the services you offer (kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, garage additions, etc.)
- A blog or FAQ page that addresses the most frequently asked questions your prospective clients have
2. Google Assigns Pages a Content Quality Score.
It’s not enough to just have a lot of content on your website—at least not anymore. As of July 2014, Google was granted a patent for processing webpages based on content quality. This patent reflects Google’s goal to reduce low quality sites from displaying in search results by updating its algorithm to rank pages based on content quality. Therefore, every page indexed in Google’s search results receives a content quality score.
What constitutes low quality content? Google’s flagged a number of content schemes spammy websites have used to try and commandeer rankings:
- Keyword stuffing – This is repeating the same words or phrases so often that it sounds unnatural.
- Thin content – According to Search Engine Watch, thin content is “non-original content found in your website. It can be something like product descriptions that are taken from a feed that can be found on many other sites, or can simply be a page that has a little content on it other than things like the navigation…”
- Scraped content – scraped content simply refers to content that is taken from another website or source.
- Duplicate content – according to Google, content is considered duplicate when “substantive blocks of content within or across domains either completely match other content or are appreciably similar.”
3. Good Content Goes Beyond Rankings.
Of course you’re not writing website content just for the search engines—you’re writing it for your customers. Sometimes your website will be the first and only impression your potential customers have of your company. This is your chance to prove you are an authority in the remodeling industry and not someone who simply hired an overseas copywriting service that doesn’t know the difference between granite and Silestone.
Ultimately, informative Web content can turn your website from an online brochure to a virtual sales rep. There are thousands (if not more) questions that your potential clients have about your remodeling services that you should answer on your website. And when they finally do pick up the phone to call you, you might even find that you don’t have to do much selling at all. Your website has done a great job of warming up that prospect for you already.
4. Great Content Drives Conversions.
When it comes to getting more leads and sales from the Web, it doesn’t matter if you’ve got Mark Twain doing your copywriting for you if his writing doesn’t help convert your remodeling website visitors into customers.
The great thing about online marketing is that everything can and should be tracked. It’s easy to tell which pages of your website are performing well and which ones are duds. It’s simple to test if “get a free remodeling quote” helps convert more customers than “contact us to schedule a consultation.”
“Sound Great, But I Don’t Have Time to Write All of That Content!”
That’s a common problem we see—especially with small business owners. Fortunately, there are content marketing companies like Blue Corona that can help create fresh, unique content every month to get you more rankings, traffic, leads, and sales from the Web.
“But do you know the difference between granite and Silestone?” Of course we do! We specialize in online marketing for remodeling companies and other contractors, and we treat every business like it’s our own. And if you don’t believe me yet that it takes great content to do well in search engine results and get more leads and sales from the Web, fill out the form below for a free SEO analysis and we’ll let your numbers do the talking.
Catch Up on Remodeling Week!
Have you kept up with remodeling week on the Blue Corona blog? No worries, you can play catch up now:
About The Author: Blue Corona's Editorial Staff is determined to help you increase your leads and sales, optimize your marketing costs, and differentiate your brand by passing on our tribal knowledge. The team vigilantly stays on top of the latest in digital marketing, bringing you the top insights with expert commentary. Want to see something on our blog you haven't seen yet? Shoot us an email and our marketing team will get to work.
View more blogs by Blue Corona
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.