- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
SEO & HomeAdvisor for Contractors
As a business owner, you know how important your online presence is. In order to generate leads—and in turn, sales—your contracting business needs to be visible on Page One of Google. But how can you ensure searchers are finding your company when they are looking for someone to remodel their kitchen, build an addition, or to complete any other number of tasks in their home? We have two suggestions for you: investing in SEO and HomeAdvisor.
In order to be found amidst the competitors, you’re going to have to invest in both your website AND additional pay-per-lead sites—like HomeAdvisor—to stay relevant and visible. But this can be a tricky thing to navigate on top of running your own business. So where do you start?
Investing in HomeAdvisor for Your Contracting Company
If you’re considering investing time (and money) in a pay-per-lead site like HomeAdvisor, you should be asking the following questions:
- How much traffic does this site receive (and how much of it is relevant to my business)?
- How many of my competitors are using this site (and are they doing it well)?
- How many sales will I need to get from this site to recoup my investment?
- Is the user experience offered by the site going to help or hurt my business?
- How is the directory getting its traffic?
Of all of the local directory and pay-per-lead websites, HomeAdvisor is likely the best investment for contractors. Homeowners can use this directory to be automatically connected with a pre-screened professional that offers the specific service they’re looking for, or they can look through reviews of several companies in the area to find the best fit for their needs.
Whether they’re searching for someone to remodel their kitchen, build an addition, or to complete any other number of tasks in their home, some consumers turn to HomeAdvisor more and more to find the reliable contractors they need to get the job done.
But generating leads through HomeAdvisor isn’t as simple as just signing up. Here are a few tips that will help you to rank better than your competitors:
- Completely fill out your profile (be sure to include your service area, the services you offer, all of your credentials, brands you use, etc.)
- Showcase HomeAdvisor “achievements” on your profile
- Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews
- Offer special offers or coupons
- Enable online scheduling for homeowners to easily book appointments.
SEO for Contractors
Although HomeAdvisor is a great way to bring in leads—and sales—for your contracting company, one of the best investments you can make is SEO. Pay-per-lead sites will get you leads more quickly, but SEO is an investment in your site. You can think of it as the gift that will keep on giving.
Here are several key ranking factors to keep in mind when performing SEO on your contracting company’s website:
- Crawl-ability: In order for search engines to crawl and understand what each webpage is about, you must ensure your content has correct code and structure. At Blue Corona, one of the first things we do is analyze a client’s website to ensure there are no code and structure issues.
- On-site Content: On-site content is the content associated directly on each webpage and is a huge factor in organic rankings. Some important SEO factors include title tags, meta descriptions, headings, and keywords. And it shouldn’t just be random content—create content that is valuable to your users. What types of questions do homeowners ask you? How can you show searchers that you are THE authority in the industry? You need to create high quality content.
- Off-site Content: Controlling your off-site content is trickier, but can be optimized. This is when credible sources link to pages on your website. This not only increases your brand awareness, but also increases your credibility as a website and company. There are several ways to increase your off-site SEO strategy including creating likable content, asking credible sources, and broken link building.
By understanding the SEO factors listed above, you should be able to dominate the search engine results pages (SERPs) with organic listings to your contracting website. Not sure where you stand? Get a free SEO analysis.
SEO & HomeAdvisor for Contractors
Aside from the tips we mentioned above, it’s beyond important to constantly monitor your website’s SEO and HomeAdvisor optimizations—which is why the team at Blue Corona lives by the phrase track, test, tweak, repeat.
You have a contracting business to run—let us focus on your online marketing so you can continue to do what you do best! Contact us today and we’d be happy to do a FREE analysis of your website.
About The Author: Blue Corona's Editorial Staff is determined to help you increase your leads and sales, optimize your marketing costs, and differentiate your brand by passing on our tribal knowledge. The team vigilantly stays on top of the latest in digital marketing, bringing you the top insights with expert commentary. Want to see something on our blog you haven't seen yet? Shoot us an email and our marketing team will get to work.
View more blogs by Blue Corona
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.