- Digital Marketing Services
- Case Studies
SEO for Contractors Proven to Increase Rankings, Traffic, Leads & Sales
97% of consumers go online to find local services, and 93% of those experiences start with a search engine. Make sure yours is the company they find with contractor SEO from THE authority in contractor marketing: Blue Corona.
Customers searching for a general contractor or other home service company no longer turn to the Yellowpages or door hangers to find a reputable company. Instead, they turn to the internet. It’s imperative to partner with a proven marketing company that specializes in contractor SEO and local search marketing so your company:
At Blue Corona, we keep your business goals in mind and strive to be your one-stop-shop for search engine optimization. Our campaign managers specialize in local SEO for contractors and have the knowledge and expertise to work with virtually any contracting company in any market, including:
Contact us below to get started!
What You Get with Contractor SEO from Blue Corona
How does contractor SEO increase your leads and booked jobs? We diligently follow the process below. The end result is higher rankings in the search results, which translates into more leads and booked jobs for you.
1PERFORMING A COMPETITIVE DIGITAL ANALYSIS
- Complete a competitive digital marketing analysis to see how you stack up against your top three competitors using our proprietary data tracking software
- Perform contractor keyword research and identify the top sales-driving search terms and keywords in your market area and industry
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations, then compare it to your competitors to create an actionable, sales-driving plan
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding SEO plans
2OPTIMIZING WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your contractor website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in-line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and creative content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATING NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted website content that delights potential customers, improves your local search rankings, and provides a seamless user experience
- Create search-engine-optimized creative assets like infographics & videos
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZING AND CREATING LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, Angie’s List, and more, including industry-specific directories
- Optimize your company’s Google My Business page for local SEO best practices
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5MEASUREMENT AND ANALYTICS REPORTING
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
6TRACKING AND TWEAKING YOUR CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top-three competitors
- Monitor keyword and search trends in your industry
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
Why SEO Is the Best Contractor Marketing Strategy
Why is SEO the best contractor marketing strategy? Because it lets you put your website in front of consumers at the exact moment they’re searching for your services.
Each month, people in the U.S. perform more than 1.6 million online searches for contractors. Considering over 90% of people don’t go past the first page of search results, your website needs to be at the top of page one if you want to turn those searches into new leads and booked projects. By optimizing your website for search, you’re increasing your chances of claiming that top spot for your highest-converting keywords.
What It Takes To Outrank Your Competitors in Search Engines
There are three requirements if you want to get your website on the first page of Google: First, your website code needs to be easy for search engines to find, read, index, and rank (Learn about our contractor website development services). Second, your onsite content (copy/text) must establish your company as an authority in the contracting industry. And third, your offsite factors (ex. links from other authoritative sites) must be optimized to reinforce your site’s authority.
To accomplish that, our SEO specialists focus on:
- Website security (HTTPS vs. HTTP)
- Website mobile-friendliness
- Schema markup
- Webpage content quality
- Webpage content length
- Page speed
- Social signals
- Quality backlinks
- Optimized images
- User experience
If you’re like most contractors, you probably get 20 emails a day promising to do the things above. Like most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it typically is (after all—think about what your competitors promise your clients!)!
We specialize in contractor marketing, which means we know more about contractor SEO than virtually any other digital marketing company!
What Are the Advantages of SEO for General Contractors?
One of the biggest advantages of SEO for general contractors is its cost-effectiveness. If you’re looking to make a big impact on a smaller budget, SEO ranks as one of the best investments.
Other advantages of SEO:
- 97% of people go online to find local services, and 93% of people begin their online experience with a search engine
- The first position on Google search results has a 34.36% clickthrough rate for desktop and 35% for mobile.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to only 1.7% for outbound leads such as print advertisements.
How Long Does SEO Take?
We’re glad you asked! You can usually see some sort of SEO success by the end of three to six months, but for certain industries with highly competitive search terms it can take up to six months to a year to see a dramatic difference. Once you get the ball rolling, though, it’s hard to stop. Read more about how long SEO takes on our blog!
Our Contractor SEO Process in More Detail
STEP 1: COMPREHENSIVE WEBSITE TRACKING & SEO AUDIT
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every service Blue Corona provides. To provide you with intelligent decisions about your SEO our first step is to evaluate your marketing the same way a great accountant would review your financials. We measure the metrics that matter–increases in profit, revenue, and booked jobs from organic keyword searches.
SEO is a zero-sum game which means that in order for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog other websites. One of the most common questions contractors owners ask us is, “How much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the businesses in your marketplace (you CAN get a rough estimate by scrolling further down this page).
A typical SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from an owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other SEO company has)
- Keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online—linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
STEP 2: FOUNDATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS TO YOUR WEBSITE
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit process, we then make foundational improvements required for ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google you not only need optimized content, but you also need your website to be coded and structured correctly. If we identify code and site structure issues during the SEO audit process, we fix those first.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like:
- Revising your website’s title tags and meta descriptions
- Making sure your website looks great on mobile devices
- Renaming various web pages to be more descriptive
- Giving your website files a more logical structure
- Improving your website speed (load speed is a known ranking factor)
- Enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content
- In some cases, recoding your website onto a better content management system (CMS)
STEP 3: CONTENT CREATION AND Contractor MARKETING
With the right foundation in place and armed with the right keywords, the next step in the contractor SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site gives you an opportunity to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
Most contractors either hate creating website copy or don’t have the time for it. That’s okay—Blue Corona has professional, U.S.-based copywriters who specialize in the home services, construction, and general contracting industries.
STEP 4: OPTIMIZATION OF OFFSITE SEO FACTORS
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web. Think of links from other authoritative websites (affiliate websites, local chambers of commerce, or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equal more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal! Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them with great, linkable content!
Questions to Ask a Contractor SEO Agency Before Hiring Them
Not all contractor SEO agencies live up to their promises of more traffic, better rankings, and more leads. Some SEO firms achieve results, but they do so using “black-hat SEO” techniques. These unethical strategies can hurt your website’s rankings—and ultimately your business.
Before selecting your SEO company, make sure to ask the following questions:
- What’s in my current contract?
- What’s the process if I cancel?
- How will we communicate and how often?
- Do I have full access to my site and Analytics/Adwords accounts?
- Will I own my website?
- Do you provide guarantees?
- Have you done work like this for companies similar to mine?
- What contracts and options are available? How do I determine the right budget?
- What are all your fees and payment options?
Avoid any search engine optimization services that “guarantee” any of the following:
- Overnight rankings
- Doubled traffic within a certain amount of time
- Instant leads
- Search engine submissions
- A certain amount of backlinks in a certain amount of time
- Any sort of ROI projections
Ready to rank #1 on Google? It’s time to contact us about contractor SEO services
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your contracting company grow with SEO! Contact us today!
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of editing and creating website content and code that ranks well on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. First, your website must be coded so search engines can find and crawl it. Your website also needs to be fast, secure, and mobile friendly. Second, you need web page after web page of unique, remarkable, and optimized content. Third, you must gain citations, links, and references from other relevant and authoritative websites.
What’s included in SEO services?
In all SEO packages, we include:
- A digital competitive analysis
- Website content and code optimization
- New website content and creatives
- Local citation optimization (local SEO)
- Measurement and analytics reporting
- Continual tracking and tweaking of your campaign
Should I hire an SEO company?
An SEO company handles the day-to-day tasks of monitoring your online presence so you can focus on other aspects of your business. If you don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns and then have the means to optimize accordingly, you need an SEO company.
How much do SEO services cost?
Blue Corona’s SEO process starts with a website audit – an ongoing SEO campaign may or may not follow (ongoing SEO occurs approximately 85% of the time). Website audits are customized for individual businesses, so the prices vary, but the typical range is $2,500 – $3,500 (audits for larger “enterprise” websites can be considerably more). Ongoing SEO ranges from consulting to “do it for me” SEO services where Blue Corona’s team acts like your own in-house SEO department (for a fraction of the cost of having your own SEO team). Ongoing SEO ranges from $2,000 per month on the low end to $10,000 (or more) per month on the high end. What should really matter is your return on marketing investment (ROMI). Sure, $5,000 per month may sound like a big investment for a local business, but if your ROMI turns into $50,000 per month, it’s worth the investment. A word of caution: you get what you pay for. If you sign up with a cheap SEO company that offers low monthly payments and includes a “free” website, you may be leasing a space on their proprietary platform, meaning you lose your website and all your work once you leave. Avoid outsourced or second-language SEO work.
How long does SEO take?
If you’ve got a good SEO partner, you can generally see results between 3-6 months, but certain industries with highly competitive keywords can take up to a year to see traction. Don’t give up, though—once you get going, your results will snowball.
How does Blue Corona track SEO success?
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Despite a million quotes which suggest that you can’t maximize your business success unless you track your results, most business owners and marketers are still not accurately tracking their advertising, marketing, website, or SEO. Most online marketing companies treat tracking and reporting as an afterthought—the last step. At Blue Corona, it’s the first step in every SEO engagement.
Is Blue Corona a certified Google Partner?
What Makes Blue Corona Different
Unlike other SEO companies, we operate from the perspective of a business owner. We strive to provide superior service by offering the following to all our contractor SEO clients:
- A dedicated Account Manager, someone that understands business and SEO, to be your guide
- Detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line
- A support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated professional copywriter
- Access to our proprietary analytics software(better data drives better results)
Our Happy Clients
“"Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“"This has by far been the best return on investment I’ve ever seen. This has opened up another door for revenue to come in. My website has turned into my best sales rep. The company markets itself!" My account manager presents all the information in a way that I can understand. She always takes my calls. She responds to my emails in a timely fashion. She helps me come up with new ideas. She is outstanding! Blue Corona provides results....”
“"We trust our support team at Blue Corona completely and quite frankly are involved in very little of what they do for us. They truly understand SEO and what is needed to make it work. I would say this has been the most valuable aspect of working with Blue Corona. They do so with little to no effort on our part, which allows our sales managers to focus on sales rather than SEO tasks and education. For all of these...”
“"Blue Corona measures and tracks my website and all my advertising so I know exactly what is working and what needs to be re-evaluated. They break down the data into actionable insights and clear takeaways. Before I hired them, I was getting 3 property management leads per month. Today, as a direct result of their SEO work and pay-per-click expertise, I receive over 25 leads per month and my cost per lead has actually gone down!" Rory Coakley founded Coakley...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“I used to get a couple of form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“Our phones are ringing more and our guys are busier ever since we signed up with Blue Corona to handle our marketing. We look forward to our monthly updates and are excited to see the numbers each month of how we are doing. It is especially nice to see now when we are experiencing a lot of pressure from our competitors to try and take our customers. It’s nice to take these amazing numbers to our manager and show him...”
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.