- Competitive Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click
- Website Design
- Tracking & Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Franchise Marketing
- Case Studies
- Case Studies
- Home services
- Home Design & Remodeling
- Commercial Services
SEO for Home Builders & Architects
Want to Attract More Buyers? Do It with SEO for Architects and Home Builders
The way people look for and purchase homes has changed drastically over recent years—90% of buyers now turn to the internet to solve all their housing needs, from finding out how to get a mortgage to making that final decision. In fact, 53% of buyers start their search online, frequently on a search engine. Since 55% of searchers click on one of the first three entries of Google’s search results, if your website isn’t in the top three, you’re losing listings to your competitors. That’s where SEO comes in.
Go to Google and search, “custom home builders city, state”, or “architects city, state”. If you don’t see your website listed on the first page, you’re losing leads and sales to your competition. Blue Corona can help.
Why Choose Blue COrona for Your Builder SEO Services?
Why choose Blue Corona? We know:
- How to navigate through housing discrimination regulations and comply with NAR internet advertising policies
- How to develop long-lasting relationships with home buyers
- How to best position your agency or company’s brand in your marketplace
With us, you get more than SEO campaigns—you get SEO results. You can trust that our team of digital marketing experts has extensive experience helping architects, remodelers, and custom home builders generate more qualified website traffic and convert more website visitors into leads and booked jobs. Scroll down to learn more, or contact us now!
SEO for Home Builders: What's Included
The best home builder SEO companies (like Blue Corona) handle the day-to-day of monitoring and improving your online footprint, including making your website more visible in the search results and differentiating your brand across the web. We do this by following the process below.
1COMPLETE A COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
- Establish your baseline for website code and structure, content, local visibility, and off-site citations
- Stack you up against local competitors currently outranking you on the web for your home building services
- Analyze architect and home builder keywords and search terms, monthly search volumes, and more in your market area
- Create actionable revenue goals and corresponding sales-driving SEO plan
2OPTIMIZE WEBSITE CONTENT AND CODE
- Install advanced Google Analytics and call tracking
- Make your home builder website fast, secure (optional but recommended), and mobile-friendly
- Edit your website’s code and structure to be in line with best SEO practices
- Edit and optimize your existing website pages for search visibility and content
- Perform conversion rate optimization on all website elements (like contact forms, buttons, and navigational links) to ensure an optimal experience for your customers
3CREATE NEW WEBSITE CONTENT AND CREATIVES
- Publish targeted, well-written website content that improves your local search rankings for home builder keywords and provides a seamless user experience
- Create SEO-optimized creative content assets like housing infographics and listing video tours
- Optimize and create content for voice search and digital assistants
4OPTIMIZE AND CREATE LOCAL CITATIONS (LOCAL SEO)
- Locate and audit existing citations across online directories like Yelp, Facebook, Zillow, Trulia, and more
- Optimize your company’s Google My Business page for your business address or service area, phone number, maps listing, and business hours
- Optimize your company’s Facebook page for local SEO best practices
- Discover, manage, and monitor local citation and backlink opportunities to build authority
5ANALYZE, MONITOR, AND REPORT MONTHLY PROGRESS
- Provide transparent revenue attribution and easy-to-understand monthly reports on the status and results of all your SEO campaigns, as well as what’s coming next
- Provide reports on tracked incoming phone calls, and analyze separately tracked phone lines for each marketing channel (optional add-on, but recommended)
- Monitor analytics on a daily basis to watch for anomalies, hacks, penalties, or other sales-damaging events
- And more!
6TRACK AND TWEAK YOUR HOME BUILDER SEO CAMPAIGN
- Monitor your home builder keyword rankings, organic traffic, calls, and leads
- Monitor the keywords rankings of your competitors
- Monitor your top three competitors
- Monitor real estate keywords and search trends
- Continually optimize and pivot your campaign for better performance over time
SEO for Architects & Home Builders: What You Get When You Work with Us
If you’re like most architects and custom home builders, you probably get 100 emails a day promising to rank your website at the top of Google. Like most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it IS! With millions of self-proclaimed “SEO experts,” it can be difficult to distinguish fact from fiction, but we can help you make sense of it all. We provide total transparency and we deliver SEO results in terms you can actually understand (not digital marketing jargon)!
Three things are required if you want your website to rank above your competition for your top keywords and phrases:
- Your website code needs to be fast, secure, mobile-friendly, and easy for search engines to find, read, index, and rank.
- Your onsite content (copy/text) must establish your company as an authority in the home building industry.
- Your offsite factors (ex. links from other authoritative sites) must be optimized to reinforce your site’s authority.
When you hire Blue Corona, we’ll audit your website and overall online presence and build you a plan to improve the factors above. The end result, for many of our clients in the building industry, is an exponential increase in website traffic, leads, and sales! We have the case studies and success stories to back up our claims.
For example, Bruce Wentworth, a top architect located in Chevy Chase, MD, hired us to optimize his main website as well as his blog, AsktheArchitect.org. Non-branded organic search traffic to his main website, a key measure of builder and remodeling SEO success, has increased more than 500% since Bruce hired Blue Corona. Traffic to his blog increased from less than 100 visits per month to over 1,900 – in less than 6 months!
Our Home Builder SEO Process in More Detail
Step 1: Comprehensive Website Tracking & SEO Audit
You can’t maximize what you don’t (accurately) measure. Accurate tracking is the foundation of every service Blue Corona provides. We market our clients’ businesses as if we owned them ourselves. In order to provide you with intelligent decisions about your advertising, marketing, SEO and website, we must first look at your marketing the same way a CPA would look at your financials. Most digital marketing companies brag about rankings and traffic. Guess what? Neither of these metrics matter if you’re not seeing increases in profit, revenue, and booked jobs from organic searches (for terms other than your company name!).
SEO is a zero-sum game, meaning that in order for your website to move higher up in the organic search results, you must leapfrog websites currently ranking better than you. One of the most common questions architects and custom home builders ask us is, “how much SEO do I need?” You can’t (intelligently) answer this question without first doing a thorough analysis of the other architecture firms and custom home building companies in your area.
A typical architect/home builder SEO audit includes:
- A business intake so that our account managers see your business from an owner’s perspective
- Analytics and SEO software implementation (we use a set of tools no other SEO company has)
- Home builder keyword research and identification
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis and evaluation of your website code, structure, and content
- Analysis and evaluation of your company’s presence online linkscape, social media, and more
The output of our SEO audit process is an overview report and SEO strategy, which our team will present to you (allowing time for extensive Q&A).
Step 2: Foundational Improvements to Your Website’s Content and Code
Armed with the data derived from the SEO audit process, the second step in the SEO process is to make any foundational improvements required to facilitate your ongoing SEO success. For example, to rank well on Google you need well-optimized onsite content; however, if your website is not coded and structured correctly, the search engines will never see the great content you create. If code and site structure issues are identified during the SEO audit process, you must be fixed before any content optimizations occur.
Although every situation is unique, typical foundational improvements include things like revising your website’s title and meta tags, renaming various web pages, giving your website files a more logical structure, improving your website speed (load speed is a known ranking factor), enhancing your local SEO by creating more geographically relevant content, and even recoding your website onto a content management system (CMS).
With the right foundation in place, and armed right keywords, the next step in the SEO process is to update the content on your website and, when necessary, create new website pages. Contrary to what you might think, Google doesn’t rank websites—it ranks web PAGES. Each page of content on your site gives you an opportunity to rank for a specific set of relevant keywords.
It might be helpful to think of your website as if it were a fishing boat, each page of content is like a baited line thrown into the Internet sea of fish. More lines in the water (pages on your website) equals more fish (visits, leads and sales!)! The content of your website must be targeted to your top keywords, but it also must establish your company as THE authority for what you do in markets you do it.
Most architects and custom home builders hate creating website copy! That’s okay—we know the industry and we know how to generate effective digital marketing results. Blue Corona has professional copywriters (in-house, U.S.-based employees that work directly for Blue Corona) that specialize in creating unique, original, relevant and authoritative content specifically for architects and custom home builders.
Step 4: Optimization of Offsite Factors
The final step in the SEO process is to optimize your overall footprint on the web. Think of links from other authoritative websites (manufacturer’s pages, local chambers of commerce or the BBB) as votes of authority or digital recommendations. More links from high-authority sites equals more search engine visibility; however, you must recognize that not all links are created equal! Buying links with the intent to manipulate Google’s ranking algorithms is forbidden and doing so can get your website banned from the search rankings. The right way to attract links to your website is to earn them by creating unique and remarkable content—content that is truly valuable to your prospective customers!
Learn more about how Blue Corona can help your architecture firm or custom home building company grow with SEO! Download one of our case studies or get a free website analysis today!
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of editing and creating website content and code that ranks well on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. First, your website must be coded so search engines can find and crawl it. Your website also needs to be fast, secure, and mobile friendly. Second, you need web page after web page of unique, remarkable, and optimized content. Third, you must gain citations, links, and references from other relevant and authoritative websites.
What’s included in SEO services?
In all SEO packages, we include:
- A digital competitive analysis
- Website content and code optimization
- New website content and creatives
- Local citation optimization (local SEO)
- Measurement and analytics reporting
- Continual tracking and tweaking of your campaign
Should I hire an SEO company?
An SEO company handles the day-to-day tasks of monitoring your online presence so you can focus on other aspects of your business. If you don’t have the time or resources to comb through pages upon pages of analytical data, rankings, and traffic patterns and then have the means to optimize accordingly, you need an SEO company.
How much do SEO services cost?
Blue Corona’s SEO process starts with a website audit – an ongoing SEO campaign may or may not follow (ongoing SEO occurs approximately 85% of the time). Website audits are customized for individual businesses, so the prices vary, but the typical range is $2,500 – $3,500 (audits for larger “enterprise” websites can be considerably more). Ongoing SEO ranges from consulting to “do it for me” SEO services where Blue Corona’s team acts like your own in-house SEO department (for a fraction of the cost of having your own SEO team). Ongoing SEO ranges from $2,000 per month on the low end to $10,000 (or more) per month on the high end. What should really matter is your return on marketing investment (ROMI). Sure, $5,000 per month may sound like a big investment for a local business, but if your ROMI turns into $50,000 per month, it’s worth the investment. A word of caution: you get what you pay for. If you sign up with a cheap SEO company that offers low monthly payments and includes a “free” website, you may be leasing a space on their proprietary platform, meaning you lose your website and all your work once you leave. Avoid outsourced or second-language SEO work.
How long does SEO take?
If you’ve got a good SEO partner, you can generally see results between 3-6 months, but certain industries with highly competitive keywords can take up to a year to see traction. Don’t give up, though—once you get going, your results will snowball.
How does Blue Corona track SEO success?
If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You can’t win the game if you don’t know the score. Despite a million quotes which suggest that you can’t maximize your business success unless you track your results, most business owners and marketers are still not accurately tracking their advertising, marketing, website, or SEO. Most online marketing companies treat tracking and reporting as an afterthought—the last step. At Blue Corona, it’s the first step in every SEO engagement.
Is Blue Corona a certified Google Partner?
What Makes Blue Corona Different
At Blue Corona, we try and let our clients speak for us. Take a look at our search engine optimization reviews and hear straight from them why we are the best SEO company for your needs. Above all, everything we do comes from the perspective of a business owner, and we treat your business like our own.
Let’s get down to the details. We can offer you a few guarantees other SEO companies can’t:
- You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts. We won’t handcuff you for a specific amount of time. Ever.
- You’ll own every single deliverable, from your website to your content. Some SEO companies won’t let you keep your work when you leave. Not us.
- You’ll optimize your marketing costs. Everything we do is tracked, measured, and analyzed for improvements. This lowers your costs and raises results.
- You get the peace of mind that we will bend over backward for you. SEO is a long-term investment, which is why we believe in building partnerships, not acquiring clients.
- You get a dedicated Account Manager to be your guide, as well as a support team that includes an analyst, web designer/developer, and a dedicated (U.S.-based) copywriter.
- You get detailed monthly reports (you can actually understand) that connect SEO performance to your bottom line.
Our Happy Clients
“Before working with Blue Corona, our website was old and basic... it really didn't match the image we wanted to portray in the market. We ended up choosing Blue Corona because they impressed us with their thorough research and understanding of our needs and our culture. The big benefit for us throughout the process was their ability to leverage their team's experience when we had an idea of what we wanted to do but didn't really know how to implement...”
“This has by far been the best return on investment I’ve ever seen. This has opened up another door for revenue to come in. My website has turned into my best sales rep. The company markets itself! My account manager presents all the information in a way that I can understand. She always takes my calls. She responds to my emails in a timely fashion. She helps me come up with new ideas. She is outstanding! Blue Corona provides results....”
“We are very pleased not only with the end result, but also with the entire process of working with Blue Corona. The amount of patience, guidance, and knowledge that they displayed throughout the whole process made them a very easy and enjoyable partner to work with. We are thrilled with our new website, mobile site, and content management system. We would recommend Blue Corona for any website development or redesign project.” With 25 retail stores and six dealer locations throughout...”
“We trust our support team at Blue Corona completely and quite frankly are involved in very little of what they do for us. They truly understand SEO and what is needed to make it work. I would say this has been the most valuable aspect of working with Blue Corona. They do so with little to no effort on our part, which allows our sales managers to focus on sales rather than SEO tasks and education. For all of these...”
“"Blue Corona measures and tracks my website and all my advertising so I know exactly what is working and what needs to be re-evaluated. They break down the data into actionable insights and clear takeaways. Before I hired them, I was getting 3 property management leads per month. Today, as a direct result of their SEO work and pay-per-click expertise, I receive over 25 leads per month and my cost per lead has actually gone down!" Rory Coakley founded Coakley Realty...”
“Blue Corona's expertise in search engine optimization is directly responsible for driving the increase in monthly visits to our web site, producing many telephone inquiries and visits to our showroom.”
“Both the design of the website, and the later design of our mobile website, were extremely easy and professional. In the past I had problems with web designers not understanding how I wanted the site to look and respond. Working with Chase, there were none of these issues. He really listened to my requests, asked questions to make sure he understood what I was saying, and made many suggestions of ways to improve the site in ways that had never...”
“I used to get a couple form submissions a year—and it was all spam. Now, we’re getting leads—and they’re qualified! You can find an SEO company anywhere. With Blue Corona, you get an account rep that’s there for you. I know there’s somebody looking out for our website and helping us grow.”
“My husband and I have each been in the business world for at least 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never worked with a team of people as wonderful as Blue Corona's. We know virtually nothing of the SEO business and they have guided us through this in a most impressive way. Tara has been our main point of contact and I truly cannot say enough things about that amazing woman. It is due to Tara and her...”
“Our phones are ringing more and our guys are busier ever since we signed up with Blue Corona to handle our marketing. We look forward to our monthly updates and are excited to see the numbers each month of how we are doing. It is especially nice to see now when we are experiencing a lot of pressure from our competitors to try and take our customers. It’s nice to take these amazing numbers to our manager and show him...”
- Free Analysis