- What We Do
- Who We Work With
- Case Studies
- What We Do
- Who We Work With
Partnering With Local Businesses In the Trades
- Case Studies
Is Email Marketing Worth It?
You’ve undoubtedly heard by now that you should be building your authority as a company and promoting brand awareness. Guess what? Email marketing can be a great way to do both. In short, email marketing is worth it—if you go about it the right way!
But how do you go about it the right way?
Email Marketing Best Practices
I’m not going to get into too much detail—we’ve already written about how to build a great email newsletter. In case you didn’t catch it, here’s a quick recap:
- Write a good subject line
- Keep content short and sweet
- Make sure the newsletter is readable and is mobile-friendly (more and more people are checking their email on their mobile devices!)
- Track your email marketing efforts
I’m going to throw out one more email marketing tip: be less intrusive.
Email Newsletter Tips: Be Less Intrusive & More Effective
When it comes to email marketing, the last thing you want to do is be intrusive.
Here are some ways to be less invasive and more effective:
- Don’t purchase a long list of irrelevant contacts; build your list from people who are already interested in your brand (opt-in email marketing, which we discussed in the aforementioned blog post—seriously, read it already if you haven’t).
- If subscribers want to opt out, remove them from your list immediately.
- Make it easy for subscribers to indicate their preferred types of alerts and frequency.
- Respect subscribers’ choices. What exactly does this mean? Give them what they want and nothing more. If you provide a new delivery option, for example, give them an opt-in choice instead of just assuming they want it.
- Provide value. Don’t be overly self-promotional. While it’s okay to include a short recap of a recent project your company completed or an award your company won, be sure to include other things. Helpful tips are what people find really useful—and will remember.
But Is Email Marketing Really Worth It?
I said it at the beginning and I’ll say it again—yes! If you follow all those tips, your email marketing can be extremely effective. Not only can monthly email newsletters with valuable tips and information help build your authority, but they can help drive more traffic to your website and even lead to conversions!
Check it out…this client had a whopping 368 visits from their newsletter in 6 months (that’s an extra 61 visits per month!):
It drove more visits than even Pinterest (which says a lot for a home remodeling company). Eight of those were visits with conversions. While that’s only 2.2 percent and may seem a little low, that’s eight conversions you wouldn’t otherwise have! Plus, a visit from your newsletter is most likely a person who is already interested in your products/services and is, therefore, more likely to turn into a sale.
Still not convinced?
Okay, so you’re a little skeptical. But let me tell you some more reasons why you should start an email marketing campaign if you haven’t already.
- According to a study by Jeff Rohrs, vice president of Marketing Research and Education at ExactTarget, “66 percent of consumers have made a purchase as a result of a marketing message received via email…” (learn more)
- Email marketing is a great, natural way to reach mobile customers—“79% uses their smartphone for reading email, a higher percentage than those who used it for making calls,” according to 2013 Digital Publishing Report: Retail Apps & Buying Habits.
- With email marketing, you can help bolster existing client relationships (by giving helpful tips, sharing coupons, etc.) as well as build new ones.
- When you make things easy for consumers, they are more likely to buy. And email marketing makes it simple for people to purchase (in your newsletter, provide coupons, announce specials/discounts and new products/services, add incentives with referral gift cards, etc.).
If you go about it the right way, email marketing works and is worth the effort. So remember, don’t be invasive and pushy. With the right email marketing—and we provide email marketing services—you’ll have not only happy consumers who enjoy reading your newsletter every month, but also more website traffic, which equals more potential for leads and sales!
Yeah, go ahead and do a happy dance.
And if you’re interested in email marketing for your company, let our experts help—drop us a line today!
About The Author: Alanna is the Quality Assurance Manager in Blue Corona's Maryland office. When she's not triple-checking websites and content for errors and consistency, you can find her at the gym with her twin sister or urban exploring with her husband.
View more blogs by Alanna Hernandez
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.
Ready to increase your online presence today with digital marketing?