Do you remember the days when you had a house phone to answer—yes, a house phone! You know, the one connected to the wall, by a cord! *gasp* I assume if you’re interested in reading this bog post, you’re old enough to remember having a house phone—perhaps even one without caller ID. I remember getting so frustrated and quickly pressing *69 if I missed the call, because God forbid I didn’t know who had called. Oh, the agony—reckon, I was probably in the 8th grade and no one really had anything important to tell me anyhow. But that’s beside the point. It was like Christmas the day we got caller ID.
How great would it be if you had caller ID for your website, if you could see every single person that viewed your website? Sound the horns—it’s possible! If you are a business to business company and you are not doing so already, you should invest in a website lead reporter.
What Is a Lead?
First, let me start by saying that a lead is a person who has in some way expressed interested in your company’s product or service. A lead usually falls within the second stage of your marketing sales funnel if it looks something like this.
What Is a Lead Reporter?
A lead reporter is a tool that identifies website visitors in real time. The website identity is tied to the company’s network. Individual contact information is not given; however, you can find the company’s contact information easily and pin point key decision makers to make your sales pitch.
Watch Companies that Are Interested
Corporate websites are usually the first point of contact for prospective buyers. Unfortunately, only 3 percent will fill out a contact form on your website. So, what happens to the other 97 percent? Usually they leave without a trace. But if you use a website lead reporter, you can see who visited the site even if they didn’t fill out any forms.
Unlike cold calling, using a lead reporter will put you in contact with people who are already interested in your services. They took the time to visit your site; that in itself shows they’re interested. You can spend countless hours calling people only to hear “no” at the end of every sales spiel. Time is money, people! Spend your time wisely and the money will follow.
Another great feature of most website lead reporters is that you can actually see how the person got to your site, whether it be directly typing in your website address or searching for you on Google. If they did search for your site, you can usually see what they typed in the search. This can be really helpful for keyword research and SEO.
You can also see what pages they visited and how long they were on each page. This is a really great feature because you can tell what product or service the person is interested in. They could spend only six seconds on your home page but spend a few minutes reading a service or FAQ page.
Leads – Sales – Happiness
Once you select a website lead reporter that fits your company’s needs, you will be able to cold call on warm companies and reach prospects in the early buying cycle. This will allow you to generate more leads and convert more traffic from your website into sale. SALES = MONEY and that doesn’t grow on trees, y’all!
Discover what smart SEO can do for your business; fill out the form below for a free analysis of your website!
About The Author: Blue Corona's Editorial Staff is determined to help you increase your leads and sales, optimize your marketing costs, and differentiate your brand by passing on our tribal knowledge. The team vigilantly stays on top of the latest in digital marketing, bringing you the top insights with expert commentary. Want to see something on our blog you haven't seen yet? Shoot us an email and our marketing team will get to work.
View more blogs by Blue Corona
The information on this website is for informational purposes only; it is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. It does not constitute professional advice. All information is subject to change at any time without notice. Contact us for complete details.
Ready to increase your online presence today with digital marketing?